1364 users online (289 members and 1075 guests)  



Websleuths News


Results 1 to 14 of 14
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Sarasota, FL
    Posts
    506

    Question TES Donations and their Obligations

    JB said during motions that once Equasearch received the donation from Sheriff that they became "I forget the wording, but working for the OCSD." It was a donation to continue the search for Caylee since the A's weren't cooperating and expenses were mounting due to lack of info on where to start the search. I can't wait until Mon. when MN starts filing motions. Does anyone think this may be another "red herring" to the conspiracy theory. JB and KC need to realize, she is not that important to have a conspiracy against her. She is just another criminal facing charges of murdering her daughter.

  2. #2

    Question TES obligation to hand over info?

    Do they, as a non-profit private organization, have an obligation to hand over information about their searches? True, OCSO did donate to them to help fund the search, but they did not pay people to do it. That means they were not acting as OCSO employees. Wouldn't it be more realistic for JB to ask for the OCSO to hand over whatever information they provided to TES, as far as the search? I am having a hard time believing Baez has any right to TES's confidential information that may not have come from OCSO.

  3. #3
    I can't figure out what Baez is trying to accomplish with TES records besides looking for needles in haystacks.
    "WE SEEK FOR THE TRUTH. WE SEEK JUSTICE.
    THE COURTS REQUIRE IT. THE VICTIMS CRY FOR IT
    AND GOD DEMANDS IT!"

    A quote spray painted on the wall by search
    and rescue workers, Team 5, at the OKC Bombing site 4-19-1995.



    What I post are my opinions only.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    231
    Maybe Baez is simply trying to drag the case out to ETERNITY? A Defense Attorney stated on HLN that Baez could depose each and every searcher on these searches...Maybe Baez is trying to bring issue with the searchers training ??...I do not know the attorneys name but, his nose is very distinct like Owen Wilson's...
    Last edited by TSPnc; 01-10-2009 at 02:37 PM. Reason: add more

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    300
    Quote Originally Posted by SeriouslySearching View Post
    I can't figure out what Baez is trying to accomplish with TES records besides looking for needles in haystacks.
    I think maybe he heard about the PI showing up at the search and talking to TES. So hopefully since Tim made that public knowledge yesterday he has the info he was looking for without having to say directly why he wanted TES records.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    1,083
    There was probable cause from the time the car was impounded. I doubt that searching for Caylee could be considered part of a conspiracy in any way, shape or form. Its a non-starter, imo.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Silicon Hills
    Posts
    9,218
    Quote Originally Posted by TSPnc View Post
    Maybe Baez is simply trying to drag the case out to ETERNITY? A Defense Attorney stated on HLN that Baez could depose each and every searcher on these searches...Maybe Baez is trying to bring issue with the searchers training ??...I do not know the attorneys name but, his nose is very distinct like Owen Wilson's...
    Yep, eternity it would be -- especially if all 4000+ volunteers lawyered up like everyone else involved in this case.
    What we are doing is just a drop in the ocean.
    But if that drop was not in the ocean,
    I think the ocean would be less because of that missing drop.
    ~~ Mother Theresa ~~



    Where is Rachel Cooke? Missing since 10-Jan-2002
    Rachel's thread - WS
    RachelCookeSearch.org

  8. #8
    Gracenote's Avatar
    Gracenote is offline We know that all things work together for good for those who love the Lord.
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Posts
    2,563
    Quote Originally Posted by anastacia129 View Post
    Do they, as a non-profit private organization, have an obligation to hand over information about their searches? True, OCSO did donate to them to help fund the search, but they did not pay people to do it. That means they were not acting as OCSO employees. Wouldn't it be more realistic for JB to ask for the OCSO to hand over whatever information they provided to TES, as far as the search? I am having a hard time believing Baez has any right to TES's confidential information that may not have come from OCSO.
    FL may be different, but in GA we have open records requirements that say our organization must be audited every year and the audit made available to the public. Financial records are not confidential here, but I guess other info might be i.e. sources of tips.

    That (from OCSO) may have been considered an undesignated donation or it may have been more of a grant. Either way, here in GA, they would have to provide info on how it was spent. But, all non profits know that and have everything all nice and organized for inspections whenever they may come.

    Sorry , that's more than you asked for.

    Grace

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    131
    Quote Originally Posted by Texas Mist View Post
    Yep, eternity it would be -- especially if all 4000+ volunteers lawyered up like everyone else involved in this case.
    Not only the volunteers, but those of us who were unable to travel to Florida but sent donations to assist in the search. We in our family sent a donation (not large, only $50.00) but we figured it would buy some water for those folks kind enough to go and try.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    1,083
    I wanted Caylee to be found, most fervently alive, but found. I don't really care if my donation info is part of the record. I thought most of that info was on public record--don't know about the searchers though.


  11. #11
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    1,158
    I'm just supposing, but I thought JB wanted to tag TES as "an agent of LE" so he could get information from them in an easier way. If he can make the state get the info and turn it over as "discovery," so much the better for him. He does have a tendency to take the approach of letting someone else do the work, rather than dealing with all the complications of properly trying to subpoena an out of state corporation for vast numbers of documents, or take a deposition, travel, etc.

    I guess he wants to find everyone who went to the area where the body was later found.

  12. #12
    mikeysmommom's Avatar
    mikeysmommom is offline "A grandchild fills a space in your heart that you never knew was empty...."
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    The Garden State
    Posts
    4,621
    He is the laziest lawyer I have ever seen.
    I Love You MOM 6/16/32 - 5/30/09





    Justice for Travis 5/8/13

    Justice For Emma
    Stacey Barker - Guilty - Murder 1 - 5/24/11
    25 to Life - Sentenced 6/17/11

    Justice Denied for Caylee Marie Anthony
    July 5,2011

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    33,681
    Quote Originally Posted by amethyst221 View Post
    I'm just supposing, but I thought JB wanted to tag TES as "an agent of LE" so he could get information from them in an easier way. If he can make the state get the info and turn it over as "discovery," so much the better for him. He does have a tendency to take the approach of letting someone else do the work, rather than dealing with all the complications of properly trying to subpoena an out of state corporation for vast numbers of documents, or take a deposition, travel, etc.

    I guess he wants to find everyone who went to the area where the body was later found.
    Exactly, I think I heard Baez argue that LE by paying/donating to TES, it made TES an agent of LE.

    ITA, he's trying to get the court to do his work for him. That appears to be Baez's method of operation.
    Last edited by SuziQ; 01-10-2009 at 03:47 PM. Reason: rephrase

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    976
    Quote Originally Posted by Lisabet View Post
    Not only the volunteers, but those of us who were unable to travel to Florida but sent donations to assist in the search. We in our family sent a donation (not large, only $50.00) but we figured it would buy some water for those folks kind enough to go and try.
    Thank you, thank you!! I was sooooo hot and thirsty when I came back from the first search and almost started crying when they walked up with water deliveries, soda, pizza, snacks, etc....I never would have had the energy for the other searches without what you guys donated!!!

    Tried to pull up the TES site to post the form we had to fill out but the site is now some kind of blog? All I can find is a cached page with broken links - I think I remember the form saying that our information may have to be turned over to LE or used in court and signing that gave our permission...can't post a link for verification though



Similar Threads

  1. Donations To Obtain Anthony Case Documents NO DONATIONS NEEDED AT THIS TIME
    By Tricia in forum Media Links/General Discussion/Rules and Stickies
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 02-14-2011, 04:21 PM
  2. TES in Need of Donations
    By Tricia in forum Caylee Anthony 2 years old
    Replies: 68
    Last Post: 12-22-2010, 04:42 PM
  3. TES in Need of Donations
    By Tricia in forum Haleigh Cummings
    Replies: 25
    Last Post: 08-19-2010, 05:22 AM