Is Geraldo's Prod Co Paying For the Def? UPDATED 1-09 Entertainment Deal Allegations

SoCalSleuth

Verified Expert
Reaction score
I posited some weeks ago that I believed that Geraldo's production company might be paying for KC's defense in exchange for defense exclusives including possibly a KC interview. Just as I thought, tonight Geraldo has a "world exclusive" re the defense PI tape. Now how did he swing that? You know it was a big "get" for the media and he isn't exactly Larry King.

When LP signed his confidentiality agreement with the same 3rd party...he did say it was not Geraldo.

I think it would be too obvious. I don't think it is him or his production company.

I would not be surprised to find that in some way, shape or form GR was involved in funding the defense.

I have also wondered if some of the expert witnesses might have waived fees in lieu of using elements of the case as the basis for a piece of fiction or other publishable mediums.

I posited some weeks ago that I believed that Geraldo's production company might be paying for KC's defense in exchange for defense exclusives including possibly a KC interview. Just as I thought, tonight Geraldo has a "world exclusive" re the defense PI tape. Now how did he swing that? You know it was a big "get" for the media and he isn't exactly Larry King.

I COMPLETELY AGREE-YOU ARE SPOT ON!!! If you think back-the other media outlets courted the A's. JB made a few broadcast interviews with the major outlets. BUT- nothing like his appearances on GR's show. He's almost been a semi-regular on it!!
I think GR's ego is so huge that he fancies himself as a sort of co-counsel or adviser to JB. Like I have said before-GR seems almost gleeful when discussing this case. There is no disgust in his voice or his demeaner. I think he has BIG plans for himself, his company and JB benefitting from this tragedy. IMO:mad:

When they announced KC's defense team, Geraldo had some exclusive tidbit that next day and I suspected him but then I thought... why not think bigger? What about Rupert Murdoch? Talk about media holdings and an opportunity to make money.

I know I'm probably losing my mind. I think everyone is as interested in the case as I am.

I have also wondered if some of the expert witnesses might have waived fees in lieu of using elements of the case as the basis for a piece of fiction or other publishable mediums.
Dr. Baden's wife said they signed the same confidentiality agreement and no one was working Pro Bono.

One of the experts also denied that she was in it for a book deal etc.

All this is making my head spin. This young woman previously unkown to most of the world commits this horrible crime against her daughter, leaves her to rot in the woods just down the road from where the gp are frantic to find the little girl. And people (who ever it is) are picking up the tab for all these fancy people to help her defense. The family before all of this were on the road to fincial ruin. Boggels my mind.

Not unexpected though with how people want to be associated to the case.

When LP signed his confidentiality agreement with the same 3rd party...he did say it was not Geraldo.

I think it would be too obvious. I don't think it is him or his production company.

LP is on record to say abc (or clandestine cover co. thereof) is paying for the defense. They were at the house for 2 hours the first day the A's stayed there after Caylee was found. The third person he signed the confidentiality agreement with was Skip Davis, a longtime mutual friend of LP and Geraldo.

Skip Davis is the former producer for Bill O'Reilly's A current Affair; while he may be getting a chunk, similar to Larry Garrison, I believe it is the Todd Black and abc connection funding the defense.

As far as the confidentiality agreement, Baez broke that on his end by changing the rules of engagement while the Padillas were in the air (basically) when he denied him access to Casey. In that instance a unilateral contract is un-enforceable anyway.

Has LP announced yet that he has been subpoena'd?

I feel a resounding YES... in some way, shape, or form (beit in underground commercial deals during his show, etc).. Yes.. he is in some way helping to pay his newest (fake and disgusting) buddy.

So many of these people are so "unusual!!!!!
no name calling CP..you might want to change that to "unusual" that;s what Tricia changes it to when we catch her calling names.

edited to unusual

I feel a resounding YES... in some way, shape, or form (beit in underground commercial deals during his show, etc).. Yes.. he is in some way helping to pay his newest (fake and disgusting) buddy.

I agree also. It might not be direct, as you note above, but I think Gerry's hand is in there somewhere.

no name calling CP..you might want to change that to "unusual" that;s what Tricia changes it to when we catch her calling names.

edited to unusual

I changed it to unusual but it still shows up as skanky. I think I didn't do something right. Will go back to rearrange. Trying, J. sometimes I have to bite my upper and lower lips. Just a thing...I am sure..that is passing. I will be a better poster..real soon.

It worked this last time. These people are unusual!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I changed it to unusual but it still shows up as skanky. I think I didn't do something right. Will go back to rearrange. Trying, J. sometimes I have to bite my upper and lower lips. Just a thing...I am sure..that is passing. I will be a better poster..real soon.
If you ever see one of Tricia's posts and they call people "unusual" you know they have been edited LOL.
we all try.

The entire notion of this is making me nauseous. What is wrong with this picture? I'm starting to feel like this is a true crime version of the movie 'Wag the Dog'.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brittinvestigates4u
Back