1614 users online (349 members and 1265 guests)  


The Killing Season - Websleuths

Websleuths News


Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 108
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Dana Point,CA
    Posts
    52,759

    Kronk Reveals 1990's Expunged Arrest

    Man Who Found Caylee's Remains Once Arrested On Kidnapping Charge

    Meter Reader Likely To Grant Network TV Interview


    POSTED: Friday, January 9, 2009
    UPDATED: 1:46 pm EST January 10, 2009



    ORLANDO, Fla. -- The Orange County utility worker who last month discovered the remains of Caylee Anthony in a wooded area near the girl's grandparents' home was arrested in the early 1990s on kidnapping charges, Local 6 News reported.

    http://www.clickorlando.com/news/18448218/detail.html


    What impact do you think this will have on the case?
    Do you think that the defense will use this information that Kronk revealed to cast suspicion on him?
    The discussion is NOT whether Kronk kidnapped anyone as he has been 100% cleared of this arrest. The discussion is what will be the ramifications, if any, on his discovery of Caylee.

    I don't think it will have any bearing on it at all. I think by coming forward at time of hire shows his true character. It's not like he is revealing this for the first time to avoid suspicion, he has been honest from the beginning. I admire him for coming public with this information in what i see as an effort to head off any possible defense accusations of involvement with Caylee's murder.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    169
    Absolutely no impact what so ever ! !

    After hearing the "circumstances" surrounding the charge of kidnapping....it's no wonder the charges were dropped and his record was EXPUNGED....this shouldnt even be a topic up for discussion. The current boyfriend of his then EXgirlfriend called the cops and said he kidnapped her, even though SHE called Roy K to come get her.

    If it wasnt for this man, Caylee may have never been found....

  3. #3
    star444's Avatar
    star444 is offline When an angel crosses YOUR path... Will you notice?
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    In my own world, most of the time.
    Posts
    209
    I think it will definitely "muddy the waters" a bit. Hopefully the evidence presented by the prosecution will be strong enough that this puzzle piece will not be important.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    In the Woods In Georgia
    Posts
    5,481
    I don't think it will have any bearing on the case personally, unless it is found that someone told Kronk where the body was. At this point, I don't think that happened.
    I give him all respect for not hiding his past, and realize that if he was afraid of his past in the least bit, he would not have made that last call.
    I do feel however, that the more drawn out the suspicion is around Kronk and his heroic day in Dec, the more chances are that others with pasts will not report things such as this.
    Justice For Caylee Marie

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Blandings Castle
    Posts
    614
    I wouldn't put it past the defense to try to use it--let's face it, there's not much they have going for them at this point. But I would expect the judge to rule that no mention can be made in Court about it. And any even mildly-perceptive person will be able to see through a defense play about this in the media.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Dana Point,CA
    Posts
    52,759
    Does this create suspicion in any of your minds?
    To me it is a big nothing. I am not excited about it nor does it move me in any way.
    It almost adds to the comedic element of this case. Another poster posted on the other thread that "another clown just squeezed out of the car" and I think that is a perfect analogy.

  7. #7
    I do not believe it will have any impact on the case at all.

    Of course, the defense will definitely try to cast a cloud of suspicion on him, but they can't weave him into a scenario if there is no basis for it. They cannot connect him to the other parts of evidence in this case which are key to the prosecution.
    "WE SEEK FOR THE TRUTH. WE SEEK JUSTICE.
    THE COURTS REQUIRE IT. THE VICTIMS CRY FOR IT
    AND GOD DEMANDS IT!"

    A quote spray painted on the wall by search
    and rescue workers, Team 5, at the OKC Bombing site 4-19-1995.



    What I post are my opinions only.

  8. #8
    Gracenote's Avatar
    Gracenote is offline We know that all things work together for good for those who love the Lord.
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Posts
    2,563
    Quote Originally Posted by JBean View Post
    Man Who Found Caylee's Remains Once Arrested On Kidnapping Charge

    Meter Reader Likely To Grant Network TV Interview


    POSTED: Friday, January 9, 2009
    UPDATED: 1:46 pm EST January 10, 2009



    ORLANDO, Fla. -- The Orange County utility worker who last month discovered the remains of Caylee Anthony in a wooded area near the girl's grandparents' home was arrested in the early 1990s on kidnapping charges, Local 6 News reported.

    http://www.clickorlando.com/news/18448218/detail.html


    What impact do you think this will have on the case?
    Do you think that the defense will use this information that Kronk revealed to cast suspicion on him?
    The discussion is NOT whether Kronk kidnapped anyone as he has been 100% cleared of this arrest. The discussion is what will be the ramifications, if any, on his discovery of Caylee.

    I don't think it will have any bearing on it at all. I think by coming forward at time of hire shows his true character. It's not like he is revealing this for the first time to avoid suspicion, he has been honest from the beginning. I admire him for coming public with this information in what i see as an effort to head off any possible defense accusations of involvement with Caylee's murder.
    I was reading old threads last night and someone said that if the body was ever found, whoever found it would become part of the news/mess, too, and they were right. I think he is handling it well, though, and if the defense tries to throw him under the very crowded bus, I doubt they will get very far. He could be Charlie Manson's first cousin and it still wouldn't change the facts of the case as it stands.

    Grace

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    Posts
    148
    I dont think it will have much impact at all. The defense will use it, though. They will use lots of things. Pizza, bogus tips called in by the A's, a non-existent nanny named ZFG, a non-existent job, etc etc etc.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    4,146
    Quote Originally Posted by JBean View Post
    Does this create suspicion in any of your minds?
    To me it is a big nothing. I am not excited about it nor does it move me in any way.


    It almost adds to the comedic element of this case. Another poster posted on the other thread that "another clown just squeezed out of the car" and I think that is a perfect analogy.
    ITA. I am not excited about it, but a little sad about it, as I do think it may make others reluctant from being good samaritans in the future.


  11. #11
    Wise Old Owl's Avatar
    Wise Old Owl is offline Retired WS Staff & Founding member of AFKBPOFPOPL
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    South FloriDUH
    Posts
    13,621
    THIS IS A MOOT POINT!!!!!

    No bearing on the case at all.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    550
    Quote Originally Posted by star444 View Post
    I think it will definitely "muddy the waters" a bit. Hopefully the evidence presented by the prosecution will be strong enough that this puzzle piece will not be important.

    Caylee was found on dec 11, well over a month ago. I think it's safe to assume that if Mr. Kronk had anything to with this he would have been arrested by now.

    Whatever personal issues this man had in his past is his business. He is the one who brought forth the information so I assume he is prepared to take on whatever bashing people feel they need to level at him.

    He isn't the bad guy here, he didn't murder Caylee..her mother did and thankfully because of him her resting place will no longer be a garbage bag in the woods.

    If the defense thinks that they are going to drag this man around by the nose and accuse him of murdering this little girl I think they have another thing coming to them. Because from the looks of Mr. Kronk, his military history, his honesty and his own personal loss of his wife I think he is good and ready for a showdown.

    And with he SA's and hopefully with the support of the public (who desperately wanted Caylee found) they will stand behind this man and not allow the murderer's lawyer to accuse this innocent man. And lets not forget that it is highly likely that jose knows that casey murdered Caylee and that information alone prevents him from accusing an innocent party.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    2,153
    This story as we know it to be from the news reporting should have no effect on the trial.

    It seems to have had an impact on the case though.

    Padilla hasn't spoken at length about this good Samaritan yet - except to believe he is part of a daisy chain. Why? Is more to come?

    So, I guess we just go along for the ride while this works its way out like most of the rest.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Dana Point,CA
    Posts
    52,759
    Quote Originally Posted by bunnyphoenix1 View Post
    ITA. I am not excited about it, but a little sad about it, as I do think it may make others reluctant from being good samaritans in the future.
    I disagree and look at it completely opposite.

    I think he is setting a great example for those that might not want to get involved which, by the way, is not a new behavior.

    Look at what happened. he reported the discovery over and over knowing full well that it could be construed as odd behavior and knowing full well that he had a record.
    I don't know about you, but if I was under the impression that LE had cleared my report on more than one occasion, I am not sure I would continue to report it. I would expect they might think I was some kind of nut or at a minimum arouse some suspicion as to why i was so adamant about that location.ESPECIALLY if I had a criminal record.

    I think he is role modeling that none of that matters, that we have to follow what we think is right and maybe that will encourage others to step forward in the future without regard to themselves.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    1,134
    Quote Originally Posted by JBean View Post
    Does this create suspicion in any of your minds?
    To me it is a big nothing. I am not excited about it nor does it move me in any way.
    It almost adds to the comedic element of this case. Another poster posted on the other thread that "another clown just squeezed out of the car" and I think that is a perfect analogy.
    In fact, it makes him seem a more reliable witness, IMO. He revealed this, obviously knowing it would come out sooner or later. He stole the DA's thunder.

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast


Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 10-28-2014, 12:01 PM
  2. The Roy Kronk Connection- Opening Statements-Kronk takes the stand 2011.06.28
    By WillenFan21 in forum Caylee Anthony 2 years old
    Replies: 625
    Last Post: 07-11-2011, 12:08 AM
  3. Update: Kronk once arrested on Kidnapping in the early 1990's
    By KR2tonenow in forum Caylee Anthony 2 years old
    Replies: 204
    Last Post: 01-17-2009, 02:03 PM