• The A's

Votes: 21 12.7%
  • The public - in the search for justice

Votes: 17 10.2%
  • Not sure

Votes: 16 9.6%

• Total voters
You may want to change the "owes" to "owns" in your thread starter..lol
I personally think that Hoover owns the tape. It was done on his video, and since he does not work for DC, and was a volunteer for the Anthony's, it belongs to him. That is of course unless someone proves he was actually working for DC, which DC has denied himself.

You may want to change the "owes" to "owns" in your thread starter..lol
I personally think that Hoover owns the tape. It was done on his video, and since he does not work for DC, and was a volunteer for the Anthony's, it belongs to him. That is of course unless someone proves he was actually working for DC, which DC has denied himself.

Totally agree. The tape being in his possession leads me to believe it was taken on his camera. In a public location with no expectation of privacy. DC originally claimed JH snuck up on him and he told him not to videotape and that JH did it without his knowledge. At least Casey picks a lie and sticks with it.

http://www.myfoxorlando.com/myfox/p...n=2&locale=EN-US&layoutCode=TSTY&pageId=1.1.1

I use to have a positive opinion of BC but my position has drastically changed since the first poll and the majority of people thought he would be good for the case.

Wow, was I wrong ....... :furious:

However, do you think the tape is owned by the A's?
Totally agree about B. Conway.
IF the A's own the tape then THEY are responsible for not bringing it to the attention of the police way back. IF they own the tape they need to say who was giving the directions to THEIR PI about where and what to look for. We may be getting to one of the major roots of why they need imunity.

Hoover owns it. DC was doing more than checking out a teenage hang out per Kios tip.

I'd have to see what the people knowledgeable of all things legal have to say, but from watching People's Court (LMAO), I believe unless some sort of legal vehicle exists (contract, employment, whatever), with Hoover's full understanding of its meaning and inferences, stating otherwise, then Hoover owns the tape.

Since the property where Caylee's remains were thrown and where DC searched is private property, I don't know if that gives the property owner any sort of claim to the tape.

Right now, it appears that Hoover operated independently, and the tape belongs to him.

All that being said, I don't care who the tape belongs to, I don't care *right now* who's trying to make money off the tape - my *immediate and grave* concern is getting answers to the serious questions the contents of the tape bring up (why was DC there, why was he acting with such appalling disregard for Caylee's remains for which he was searching, how much knowledge and involvement did G/C/L Anthony have in this search for Caylee's body, etc.)

Totally agree about B. Conway.
IF the A's own the tape then THEY are responsible for not bringing it to the attention of the police way back. IF they own the tape they need to say who was giving the directions to THEIR PI about where and what to look for. We may be getting to one of the major roots of why they need imunity.

I agree, sure makes you think about things..
BC says he first seen the video Sunday night.
DC admitted that the Anthony's did not know of his search until the day Caylee was found, and because of where she was found, they were told that he went there looking for a body(the only time he did this)
Anthony's claim a video that they more than likely did not see until last night as well..
BC also says that LE knows (Anthony's told them) who DC was on the phone with.
Its all like a Merry Go Round...he says she says..
Why tell LE who DC was on the phone with, when they haven't seen the video until last night?
:confused:

I agree. Hoover owns the tape, not the Anthonys nor their lawyer.

I agree. Hoover owns the tape, not the Anthonys nor their lawyer.

Not to mention that WFTV is very clear in saying that their legal analyst helped JH in getting the tape to LE/FBI, it is their legal analyst that does the talking points of the content of the video before the images are released, and then they release the images. They are a news station, they license and release privately owned video everyday. I am quite confident they crossed their T's and dotted their I's before playing the tape for the public.

All that being said, I don't care who the tape belongs to, I don't care *right now* who's trying to make money off the tape - my *immediate and grave* concern is getting answers to the serious questions the contents of the tape bring up (why was DC there, why was he acting with such appalling disregard for Caylee's remains for which he was searching, how much knowledge and involvement did G/C/L Anthony have in this search for Caylee's body, etc.)

I agree with you 100%!!!!

I am not sure why this bothers me so much. Maybe, we all know that ONE sick person is capable of murder but to know that there may be a group of people involved in a murder cover-up involving a child ............ o_O :furious:

I'd have to see what the people knowledgeable of all things legal have to say, but from watching People's Court (LMAO), I believe unless some sort of legal vehicle exists (contract, employment, whatever), with Hoover's full understanding of its meaning and inferences, stating otherwise, then Hoover owns the tape.

Since the property where Caylee's remains were thrown and where DC searched is private property, I don't know if that gives the property owner any sort of claim to the tape.

Right now, it appears that Hoover operated independently, and the tape belongs to him.

I want to agree entirely, but I'm still pizzed that BC said the A's own it. Otherwise, I do agree with the sentiment and the questions the tape raised.

I want to agree entirely, but I'm still pizzed that BC said the A's own it. Otherwise, I do agree with the sentiment and the questions the tape raised.

BC is actually claiming he owns it by virtue of his representation of the Anthony's (going to try to invoke privilege should the tape be used against his clients would be my guess). Of course there is the major problem that JH "worked" directly for the Anthony's prior to them having any representation, and if you are going to try to cover your PI's under work product you sure as hell better put them under contract and pay them via the law firm. My opinion of BC has plummetted. I started wondering about him when he said he was representing DC as well as the Anthony's, how that is not a conflict of interests I don't get at all.

http://www.clickorlando.com/news/18460620/detail.html

"By virtue of my representation, it is my videotape, not Mr. Hoover's, and our position is that he has taken this tape from us and tried to shop it and tried to profit from a tragedy that he has no right to be involved in," Brad Conway said.

BC is actually claiming he owns it by virtue of his representation of the Anthony's (going to try to invoke privilege should the tape be used against his clients would be my guess). Of course there is the major problem that JH "worked" directly for the Anthony's prior to them having any representation, and if you are going to try to cover your PI's under work product you sure as hell better put them under contract and pay them via the law firm. My opinion of BC has plummetted. I started wondering about him when he said he was representing DC as well as the Anthony's, how that is not a conflict of interests I don't get at all.

"By virtue of my representation, it is my videotape, not Mr. Hoover's, and our position is that he has taken this tape from us and tried to shop it and tried to profit from a tragedy that he has no right to be involved in," Brad Conway said.

I personally think that the photos that HB say are more revealing than the video are also important. They can't at this point convince me that they were there for no other reason than looking for a body!

I voted Hoover also, since he supposedly did not work for the A's nor DC and he was just there filming with his own camera and tape JMO

TY. I've read many of the posts on the other threads about 'work product' and I understand the concept, as I work under a similar contract that covers 'work for hire'.

Straighten me out on this if you can? :) If you came in and made a tape of me working for my employer who would own the tape? The work I was doing would belong to my employer, but a tape of me working would belong to who?

TY

And this is what they do. Let's forget what the video shows or implies. Let's not wonder why in the world they are there in November. Instead let's put the focus on who owns the da*n tape. This is what the A's do.

And this is what they do. Let's forget what the video shows or implies. Let's not wonder why in the world they are there in November. Instead let's put the focus on who owns the da*n tape. This is what the A's do.

Guilty. Caught in the web. Thanks for throwing a preserver whilst I drown in spin angst.

TY. I've read many of the posts on the other threads about 'work product' and I understand the concept, as I work under a similar contract that covers 'work for hire'.

Straighten me out on this if you can? :) If you came in and made a tape of me working for my employer who would own the tape? The work I was doing would belong to my employer, but a tape of me working would belong to who?

TY

Assuming it is true that JH does not work for either DC nor has any contract with the Anthony's attorney, he is a third party and any knowledge he has (or tapes if that is the case) belong to JH. Add that the tapes are taken in public, private property or not, there is no expectation of privacy so he is not illegally taping. No different than if you were driving down Suburban and recogonized DC from the news and found it odd that he was stomping around in the woods so close to the Anthony home. You could video him from your cellphone for documentation and there is no reasonable grounds to claim that tape belongs to anyone other than you.

I voted not sure because. But feel that if the remains were found and are on that video I would say the SA office owns the video, and the Anthony's will fight for it since it has video of Caylee's remains there for making them the the owner of the video, if Hoover was paid for it by the Anthony's. Now, they are saying that they didn't find Caylee back then and they don't have any video of her remains, and if this is so I don't see what the big fight is over the rights of a video of someone searching the woods and through trash unless they plan on making money off the video themselves. I still feel there is much more to this video and if the Anthony's are fighting over it they must of know about it, could that be why they want immunity?

Although the tape is important, I feel this is just another "Red Herring" to show how many people are conspiring against KC. It will be interesting to find out who DC was on the phone with. We all have to remember justice for Caylee!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back