1270 users online (180 members and 1090 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast
    I wasn't the one who found or originally thought that she said "holt"...Someone else, who has Bose speakers found that and posted about it on another thread! (I do wish that I could find and link it but I can't!) What I've added is that I believe that she may have been directing her brother to Holy Oaks Elementary School...That she used "holt(s)" as an acronym to give him the message that Caylee was close to the school.

: )

ETA - I found it! It was Mollie who first pointed out that she thought that KC was saying "holt" and not "home"!

Quote Originally Posted by Pink Panther View Post
    I wasn't the one who found or originally thought that she said "holt"...Someone else, who has Bose speakers found that and posted about it on another thread! (I do wish that I could find and link it but I can't!) What I've added is that I believe that she may have been directing her brother to Holy Oaks Elementary School...That she used "holt(s)" as an acronym to give him the message that Caylee was close to the school.

You are right, when you casually listen to it you assume she is saying, "she is close to home" but it is clearly HOLT.

KC was either trying to be clever and provide clues or intended to say home and subconsciously was thinking where she actually was and -- excited utterance.
    Disclaimer: All posts are my own humble opinion. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but not their own facts.

Justice for Caylee

I wonder what her Hamsters name was? Holt would be cute for one of those little guys
    Justice For Caylee Marie

You know what's interesting about this interview. LA asks about a call Casey made around midnight on the 17th...this chick who can't remember when she last saw her daughter, remembers she gave TL's roommate her phone to use?! When I have the energy, I'll try and go look for that, but IIRC there are a couple of dates that LE held on to and didn't release. I couldn't find a written transcript for this video visit.

Quote Originally Posted by RR0004 View Post
    You know what's interesting about this interview. LA asks about a call Casey made around midnight on the 17th...this chick who can't remember when she last saw her daughter, remembers she gave TL's roommate her phone to use?! When I have the energy, I'll try and go look for that, but IIRC there are a couple of dates that LE held on to and didn't release. I couldn't find a written transcript for this video visit.
    Yep...for real. The whole family seems to have a memory problem when it comes to the date they last saw Caylee.

ETA - just like Cindy could remember all the minute details of the whole Zenaida in Tampa and car accident incident that never took place, but she couldn't remember the last day she saw Caylee.

ETA - I found it! It was Mollie who first pointed out that she thought that KC was saying "holt" and not "home"!
    Could it be close to "hold"?

Quote Originally Posted by RR0004 View Post
    Could it be close to "hold"?
    RR - I think that she says "holt" or "holts" and I believe that it may be an acronym (short form) for Hidden Oaks Elementary School which is very close to where Caylee's remains were found.

RR - I think that she says "holt" or "holts" and I believe that it may be an acronym (short form) for Hidden Oaks Elementary School which is very close to where Caylee's remains were found.
    Wow! I've listened to it over and over again! She definately says "holt"! Now, if someone locally can find out if that is what some kids called it, or if any of KC or LA's friends ever heard them refer to it this way, then bingo! Wonder what Kio would say about it? Would she know?

If you were going to do that, it would be HOES, not HOLT. Might as well make it IALC, or NSYL.

With context, it sounds like home. Without, it could be "hoes" or "hoelt"
    "I left work around 5pm, and went back to the apartment to pick up my daughter. However, after reaching the apartment, I realized that niether Zenaida, Caylee, or either of her two roomates were home."
    -Casey Anthony.

Quote Originally Posted by gardenhart View Post
    If you were going to do that, it would be HOES, not HOLT. Might as well make it IALC, or NSYL.
    How about Hidden Oaks ElemenTary (S)chool? I don't think that it's that far off...I'd be interested to hear about this from locals who may know how/what the students used as a moniker for the school. Is it really that far-fetched?

I think this is VERY interesting actually.

I wanted to chime in on one particular thing which is someone is saying the initials would be HOES, sometimes a school is called something close to the initals, but not the actual initals.

For instance I went to a college in LA whose letters were BPCC; everyone called it "Bipsy" So I still believe it could be "code" for HOES. Just my 2 cents.

How about Hidden Oaks ElemenTary (S)chool? I don't think that it's that far off...I'd be interested to hear about this from locals who may know how/what the students used as a moniker for the school. Is it really that far-fetched?
    How about Hidden Oaks Lower _____ School, just can't think what would be the "T" if it was referred to in this manner?

Editing to add, I do think she is clearly saying "holt" or "hoelt", there is a strong "t" at the end, at least in what I'm hearing.
    Last edited by mollie; 01-13-2009 at 03:26 AM. Reason: clarriffication

Thanks so much for posting this Poppy! For those who are interested in this discussion - go to 6:04 on the above link to hear KC say "she's close to holt"...
    "Holt" is what I heard too....gonna go find the headphones to check again....

ETA: Yep thats what she says! IMO

.....•*¨`*•. ☆ .•*¨`*•. ♥ .•*`*•. ☆ .•*¨`*•¨......
    ....●♥ Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ In Memory of Caylee Marie Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ ♥●....
    ........✿•*¨`*•. (―`v΄―) (―`v΄―) .•*¨`*•✿............
    ........ . . ✿•*¨`*•.Έ(―`v΄―)Έ.•΄*¨`*•✿ . . ...........
    ..........♥♥.*•. ☆ .•*``•.Έ.•΄`*•. ☆ .•*.♥♥............. R.I.P Sweet Angel ♥ Forever Remembered & Never Forgotten ♥

There's discussion on the other thread (and elsewhere) that HOLT could be "Hidden Oaks Lake Trail." Seems plausible, but I haven't yet been able to establish the existence of "Hidden Oaks Lake Trail."
    Last edited by Talison; 01-13-2009 at 04:21 AM. Reason: To change "Hidden Oak" to "Hidden Oaks"

Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast