Australia offers 'best job in world' on paradise island

Dark Knight

Reaction score
SYDNEY (AFP) – An Australian state is offering internationally what it calls "the best job in the world" -- earning a top salary for lazing around a beautiful tropical island for six months.

The job pays 150,000 Australian dollars (105,000 US dollars) and includes free airfares from the winner's home country to Hamilton Island on the Great Barrier Reef, Queensland's state government announced on Tuesday.

In return, the "island caretaker" will be expected to stroll the white sands, snorkel the reef, take care of "a few minor tasks" -- and report to a global audience via weekly blogs, photo diaries and video updates.

The successful applicant, who will stay rent-free in a three-bedroom beach home complete with plunge pool and golf buggy, must be a good swimmer, excellent communicator and be able to speak and write English.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/afp/20090113/od_afp/lifestyleaustraliatourismoffbeat_20090113032028

Hmmm. My husband needs to apply for this job! I tried going to the website where you apply but it seems to be having some problems, probably due to high activity.

Aw wow, that would be an awesome job to have.

What's the catch though? Maybe the snorkeling has to be done in shark infested waters or the person has to live there alone or something.

I'll take it!! So what's a few sharks...lol.

I'm a scuba diver, I speak english, I can blog with the best of them, and I can't get to the website, just my luck lol :)

Gosh what a fantastic opportunity for someone !

I think that there is no catch. Its about promotion

Great Idea us Aussies have ;) kinda like a reality show via blogging

Ever heard of a dream job?
Wow would I like this job! I think I can handle getting a tan!
And I love to talk! Love to take pictures!
Me, Me, Me, Me!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leannamj
Back