MO MO - Shemika Cosey, 16, Berkeley, 29 Dec 2008

PrayersForMaura

Help Find Maura Murray
Reaction score
This is the daughter of a friend of mine's colleague. Their family is desperate to find their daughter and needs help, please!!

BERKELEY, Mo. (KMOX News) -- Berkeley Police are asking for the public's health in locating a 16-year old girl, missing since December 29th.
Chief Frank McCall says Shemika Cosey was last seen in her aunt's house in the six-thousand block of Napier around one in the morning last Monday.
McCall says at the time, foul play was not suspected. However, he is very concerned that the teen has not been heard from.
Chief McCall says she lives in the north county area and is known to frequent East Saint Louis.
Shemika is African American, about 5'5", weighs 160 pounds and was wearing a tan colored Old Navy jacket and blue jeans. If you have any information call the Berkeley Police.

1144807.jpg

Local News
Family searching for missing teen

Friday, January 2, 2009 12:21 PM CST

The family of Shemika Cosey is looking for her safe return. The 16 year-old has been missing since Sunday, Dec. 28 between the hours of 1:30 a.m. and 8:30 a.m.

She was last seen wearing a black long sleeve shirt and blue jeans.

The Coseys are asking anyone with information concerning Shemika’s whereabouts to contact the Berkeley Police Department at (314) 524-3311 or the family personally at (314) 524-7041.

http://www.stlamerican.com/articles/2009/01/02/news/local_news/localnews0000001.txt

Has this child been found? She's not listed in any of the databases which includes the state's missing kids clearing house. I will be more than happy to list her on our system but I need more information (standard info that gets reported) before I can post. Thanks.

http://www.ksdk.com/includes/tools/print.aspx?storyid=164170

"A relative of Cosey found the front door to the home unlocked and Shemika's belongings were still inside. A cousin suspected she had just left the residence and would return soon. There was no evidence of foul play and it is believed she left voluntarily. Police said all their leads are exhausted."

There are two dates gone missing listed:

Sunday 12/28/08 around 1:30 am and Monday 12/29/08 around 1:00 am ---- which date is it, Sunday or Monday?

Thanks,
Soulscape

Any updates? I can't find her in the news.

It's a shame this case is getting no media coverage :(
There was a vigil held on Jan 7.
Police seem to think she's a runaway who left willingly and they are not trying to find her.

There are two dates gone missing listed:

Sunday 12/28/08 around 1:30 am and Monday 12/29/08 around 1:00 am ---- which date is it, Sunday or Monday?

Thanks,
Soulscape

Soul she was last seen (12/28) at 1:35am which would have been 12/29/08 -- I guess the confusion is because it was in the wee hours of the morning after midnight.

the women who runs this site did an astrological reading on Shemika. I know it has to be taken with a boulder of salt but for those who may be interested in this approach I thought I would post.

http://forensicastrology.blogspot.com/

That was interesting gaia227. I have read some of her blogs before and she does differ in interpretation from our own WS astrologers on the case they had both drawn up charts for...the Anthony case.

It was interesting though very much so!

Interesting that Berkeley is also the St. Louis suburb Kelly Allen vanished from in 2008. It is also very close to the area from which Phoenix Coldon vanished from in 2011. I live in the St. Louis Metro area, and I have long believed someone (or more than person) is preying on young black women locally. JMO.

I so agree, I have been watching this for awhile...I briefly lived in St.Louis, and I have many friends there,because I graduated from SEMO, in Cape Girardeau,Mo,

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sugarheart27
Back