Gerry McCann Travels To Portugal 1/13/09

Status
Not open for further replies.

colomom

Inactive
Reaction score
http://translate.google.com/transla...0&visual=26&tema=1&sl=pt&tl=en&hl=en&ie=UTF-8

Madeleine: Gerry MacCann in Portugal to try new approaches to find the daughter

Lisbon, Jan 13 (Lusa) - The father of Madeleine MacCann came to Portugal today, what guarantee is the first of many visits "to define new approaches to the search of her daughter, hoping to have the cooperation of authorities protuguesas.

In an exclusive interview to the agency Lusa, said Gerry McCann did not intend, at least for now, to promote any proceedings against the Portuguese or other entity, including media, stressing that the important thing is to forget the past and continue to try to find her daughter missing in the Algarve in 2007.

<continues>

286v0br.png

He is meeting with lawyers!!!

Kate is not with him....

:waitasec::waitasec:

I am working on collecting some links....

http://www.pressassociation.com/com...eleines_father_back_in_portugal?camefrom=home

Madeleine's father back in Portugal

Missing Madeleine McCann's father flew back to Portugal for the first time since returning to the UK.

Gerry McCann made the journey to meet his Portuguese lawyers to discuss what more could done to help find his missing daughter, family spokesman Clarence Mitchell said.
It is understood that Mr McCann's wife Kate did not travel with him, and that he will not see any Portuguese officials during his short trip.

Mr Mitchell said: "I can confirm that Gerry McCann returned to Portugal for a brief visit to meet his lawyers to see what more can be done to help find his daughter."
Mr McCann, 40, from Rothley, Leicestershire, flew into Faro Airport in the Algarve and was met by British officials. He then travelled to Lisbon for talks with his legal team, led by Rogerio Alves.

<continues>

http://translate.google.co.uk/trans...+Madeleine+quer+colaborar&hl=en&sa=G&ie=UTF-8

Regional

Madeleine's father wants to work with the Portuguese authorities and pursue research

The father of Madeleine McCann today expressed their intention to cooperate with the Portuguese authorities in the search of her daughter, disappeared in the Algarve in May 2007, believing that there are steps that can still be made in research.

"We think there is a very good chance of Maddie still be found alive and in good health and therefore we want to continue the search. We want to emphasize our desire to work with the authorities as much as possible," said Gerry McCann, who came to Canada today for a brief visit of only two days.

In an exclusive interview to the agency Lusa, Maddie's father said he now returned to Portugal for the first time since September 2007, to discuss with his lawyer, Rogerio Alves, the best way to collaborate with the Portuguese authorities to "explore steps that have not yet been taken and that could make a difference. "

For this, said it is important to analyze the process and all the research so far "not to duplicate steps that have already been given" and "not to waste resources."

<continues>

From: http://www.barlavento.online.pt/index.php/noticia?id=29668 (Google Translation)

Do you think this has anything to do with TBennett's request for an inquest?

Man, I hope so......!!!!

Salem

At this point Salem it is pure (and I mean 100% pure) speculation. I do not believe the press or Clarence. I think we will have to give it some more time.

My first thought was it was his narcissistic/sociopathic nature ie: daring the Pj to touch him. He could be trying to garner sympathy by trying to convince more people that he is the "desperate" father searching for his child...well that should fatten up the coffers, eh?

ESPRESSO (GOOGLE TRANSLATION): http://translate.google.co.uk/trans...colaborar+com+autoridades&hl=en&sa=G&ie=UTF-8

Maddie's father in Portugal to cooperate with authorities

"We think there is a very good chance of Maddie still be found alive and in good health and therefore we want the search continues," said Gerry McCann, the father of missing British girl in the Algarve in 2007.

Lusa

20:08 Tuesday, 13 Jan 2009
Last updated 6 minutes ago

On 21 July 2008, the Attorney General's Office officially announced the closure of research and archiving of the suspicions against the parents Kate and Gerry McCann

Jose Ventura

The father of Madeleine McCann today expressed their intention to cooperate with the Portuguese authorities in the search of her daughter, disappeared in the Algarve in May 2007, believing that there are steps that can still be made in research.

"We think there is a very good chance of Maddie still be found alive and in good health and therefore we want to continue the search. We want to emphasize our desire to work with the authorities as much as possible," said Gerry McCann, who came to Canada today for a brief visit of only two days.

In an exclusive interview to the agency Lusa, Maddie's father said he now returned to Portugal for the first time since September 2007, to discuss with his lawyer, Rogerio Alves, the best way to collaborate with the Portuguese authorities to "explore steps that have not yet been taken and that could make a difference. "

For this, said it is important to analyze the process and all the research so far "not to duplicate steps that have already been given" and "not to waste resources."

"It is the first visit to Portugal, but I hope it is the first of many over the coming months (...) The objective is to see what can still be done in the search for Maddie," he said, ahead that could return as early as February.

According to Gerry McCann, the British police and police from several other countries continue to receive "information from different sources" about what has happened to Madeleine, as well as reports of "possible sightings."

"Like all parents of missing children, we want any information being investigated," said Maddie's father, who today met with his lawyer and also with representatives of the British embassy in Portugal.

In the interview to Lusa, said Gerry McCann has not intention, at least for now, to proceed with court proceedings against the Portuguese or any other entity, including media, stressing want to "move forward and not back" .

"I want to make completely clear that what happened in the past already there and we will make us much as can still be done to continue the search. That is our priority and always has been. So, these things [possible prosecution] does not are simply relevant now, "he said.

Madeleine McCann, then three years old, disappeared to 03 May 2007 of the room where I slept with the two twin brothers, younger, in an apartment in a tourist resort in Praia da Luz, district of Lagos, while the Algarve parents dinner in one nearby restaurant.

The 07 September of the same year, the child's mother, Kate, and father, Gerry McCann, were made defendants, but the 21 July 2008 the Attorney General's Office officially announced the closure of research and archiving of the suspicions against couple.

The PJ initially pointed to the possibility of abduction, but later admitted the death of the child, but authorities never managed to establish what really happened to Madeleine McCann.

The mystery of the disappearance of the child and the apparent lack of solid clues to explain what happened helped make this event one of the most media ever.

http://www.express.co.uk/posts/view/79815/Madeleine-s-father-back-in-Portugal

MADELEINE'S FATHER BACK IN PORTUGAL

Gerry McCann flew back to Portugal for first time since returning to UK

Tuesday January 13, 2009

Missing Madeleine McCann's father flew back to Portugal for the first time since returning to the UK.

Gerry McCann made the journey to meet his Portuguese lawyers to discuss what more could done to help find his missing daughter, family spokesman Clarence Mitchell said.

It is understood that Mr McCann's wife Kate did not travel with him, and that he will not see any Portuguese officials during his short trip.

Mr Mitchell said: "I can confirm that Gerry McCann returned to Portugal for a brief visit to meet his lawyers to see what more can be done to help find his daughter."

<continues>

Hi Colomom, Salem and Everyone,

I think the main consensus at 3A's is it doesn't look good for Gerry and he is not there of his own volition. Flying into Faro and met by British officials {why the needfor them?}, driven up to Lisbon to meet in person with lawyers {why when it could have been done by phone} and Kate absent which is a huge why for me as she is the one who the PJ feel was mainly responsible for Madeleine's death, Gerry being involved in the disposal of her remains.

I need to go read up on how Amaral's case is coming, as both Amaral and Tony Bennett have done great things as of late to work at having the case re-opened.

BTW, I wrote that at 3A's and have not had one comment on it. So many over there think either Kate is about to have a new baby or the remains of Madeleine have been found. I doubt either of these are true.

And Colomom, you might be right in Gerry pandering for position here. He is just plain deceitful IMO, and I wouldn't put anything past him!

I think the question, the "key" if you will, is why is he there in person?

As a 3As poster mentioned, in this age of Skype, online meetings, faxes, email, etc. why the need to go in person?

We answer that and we will know the truth of the reason for the trip.

IMO.

Hi Colomom, Salem and Everyone,

I think the main consensus at 3A's is it doesn't look good for Gerry and he is not there of his own volition. Flying into Faro and met by British officials {why the needfor them?}, driven up to Lisbon to meet in person with lawyers {why when it could have been done by phone} and Kate absent which is a huge why for me as she is the one who the PJ feel was mainly responsible for Madeleine's death, Gerry being involved in the disposal of her remains.

I need to go read up on how Amaral's case is coming, as both Amaral and Tony Bennett have done great things as of late to work at having the case re-opened.

BTW, I wrote that at 3A's and have not had one comment on it. So many over there think either Kate is about to have a new baby or the remains of Madeleine have been found. I doubt either of these are true.

And Colomom, you might be right in Gerry pandering for position here. He is just plain deceitful IMO, and I wouldn't put anything past him!

Yes Scandi, all that wild speculation (what are they up to now? 30 pages?) going on at 3As shows just how hungry people are for any new information. Kate McCann pregnant? Seriously doubt it. What is she 40 something? Already had 3 kids in a very short period of time and lost one. I don't know many mothers who would do that again in those circumstances. Shoot, my girl, at age 37, wore my a$$ out....I ran to get my tubes tied.

Remains found? If that happened my gut tells me that after the lack of cooperation from the McCanns, I also doubt that the PJ would call them up and ask, "will you please come identify the remains"? They would notify every LE agency and Press source they could think of that remains were found and then watch to see what happens. Plus, why would GM need assurance that the PJ would not "mess with him" if he came back if it was to identify remains? If remains were found, NO WAY would the PJ say..."sure, no problem".

That is where my head is at right now....

I think the question, the "key" if you will, is why is he there in person?

As a 3As poster mentioned, in this age of Skype, online meetings, faxes, email, etc. why the need to go in person?

We answer that and we will know the truth of the reason for the trip.

IMO.

Yea, I agree Colomom. That will give us the answer.

We had our family meeting using Skype and it was really amazing. It was like Paris France was brought into a living room in Portland Or. :) Plus it saved so much money for travel.

Colomom, do you think the PJ might be going to reopen the case? Is Amaral's case almost over, say in Feb? Amaral has positioned himself very well I believe what with running for office, and with the negative force of him being a defendant in a trial removed, it might be the perfect time for Portugal to reap the benefit of what he has done for the case. That coupled with Tony's insight on the case seems like perfect timing to me.

Didn't we recently learn a Portuguese official mentioned the case now warranted another look? I couldn't have dreamed that, right :rolleyes::rolleyes: xox

Yes, Scandi, I believe that is a real possibility and might explain this trip as well. If the PJ are preparing to launch an "official" inquiry/inquest and re-open the case they could very well require a personal visit from GM, for signatures and stuff. KM would not go because she was always the "suspect" in the PJs eyes. Too much of a chance that they would lock her up immediately. Since they view GM as a "witness" I can see them assuring him that he would not be "harassed" by LE. The British Officials accompanying GM and the lawyers being involved....smacks of protection, yes?

Ahhhhh, to be a fly on the wall....

Yes, Scandi, I believe that is a real possibility and might explain this trip as well. If the PJ are preparing to launch an "official" inquiry/inquest and re-open the case they could very well require a personal visit from GM, for signatures and stuff. KM would not go because she was always the "suspect" in the PJs eyes. Too much of a chance that they would lock her up immediately. Since they view GM as a "witness" I can see them assuring him that he would not be "harassed" by LE. The British Officials accompanying GM and the lawyers being involved....smacks of protection, yes?

Ahhhhh, to be a fly on the wall....

Yeppers, as usual we see things eye to eye. :blowkiss:

I thought it interesting the BBC picked it up. Amazing!

Well, off to the grocery store for fixins, but will see ya soon. Isn't it amazing to talk to each other like this, within minutes sharing ideas. LOL It never fails to amaze me. Like Monk says looking up at a 747, "It isn't possible". :blowkiss:

Yeppers, as usual we see things eye to eye. :blowkiss:

I thought it interesting the BBC picked it up. Amazing!

Well, off to the grocery store for fixins, but will see ya soon. Isn't it amazing to talk to each other like this, within minutes sharing ideas. LOL It never fails to amaze me. Like Monk says looking up at a 747, "It isn't possible". :blowkiss:

Hahahaha, you crack me up Scandi Grrrrllll.

I agree, the internet has changed so much in our lives...we watched it being born. We are witnesses to history. Like my mom's mom and TV.....

Off to eat spaghetti here in Colorado!!

TTYL.

I find it hard to believe Gerry is there by choice. This sounds like a negotiated return, as Colomom said, marked by his arrival being met by British officials.

I think the possibility of the inquest being reopened is a good one.

I don't think Kate will ever have another child. She has the twins.

I agree the British officials are there protecting Gerry and as a visual reminder to the PJ of their "interest" in this.

Wow! Just logged on this is a development! I am wondering why he flew into Faro rather than directly to Lisbon?

I don't think Kate will have another child either, she had trouble enough coping with what she had!!

Very weird indeed, it would be great if an inquest was to be opened. British Officials meeting him......mmmmmmm!

THE SUN (http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/maddie/article2129131.ece)

EXCLUSIVE

BRIT TEAM IN NEW HUNT FOR MADDIE

By MIKE SULLIVAN

and ANTONELLA LAZZERI

Published: Today (14/01/2009)

AN elite team of ex-cops and secret agents are spearheading a new hunt for Madeleine McCann.

The veteran investigators have been hired by missing Maddie&#8217;s desperate parents Gerry and Kate.

Hunt ... Kate and Gerry McCann (image)

The 12 crack former Scotland Yard detectives and MI5 and MI6 agents have been secretly on the ground in Portugal for weeks chasing any new leads which may help to find her.

The group was recruited over the past few months after Portuguese cops announced they had shelved their inquiry into Maddie&#8217;s disappearance.

They are thought to have been assembled by a London-based private security firm run by a former intelligence officer.

Search ... McCann's holiday flat in Portugal (image)

Multi-millionaire businessman Bryan Kennedy, who has supported the McCanns since three-year-old Maddie vanished in May 2007, is thought to be funding them.

A source close to the investigators said yesterday: &#8220;The team in Portugal comprises some of the most experienced officers in the police and security services.

&#8220;They feel there is still a great deal of stuff to be gone over and new leads to be found.&#8221;

The team has used files released by Portuguese cops last summer to compile a database of evidence and information known about the abduction of Maddie.

They are also using a HOLMES type computer software system to index the information.

<continues>

Oh FFS, what's next???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads