1157 users online (242 members and 915 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 16 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Canadian forensic anthropologist Scott Fairgrieve joins Casey Anthony's defense

I didn't know if we should start a thread on this but...

Scott Fairgrieve

The head of the forensic science department at a Canadian university is the newest member to join Casey Anthony's defense team.

Forensic anthropologist Scott Fairgrieve, chair of Forensic Science at Laurentian University in Ontario, will be helping attorney Jose Baez's team as an expert consultant in the search, recovery and analysis of human skeletal remains.

"My role in the case is basically peer review," Fairgrieve told the Orlando Sentinel. "I will be reviewing reports on the evidence. So far everything I've done has been remotely."

The forensic anthropologist said the interest in the case against Casey Anthony has not reached the media frenzy in Canada as it has across the U.S.

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/...,7346015.story

Did the defense team not already have someone that does this on their team? Any one know or heard of this guy?

Yes, he's a fairly well known forensic scientist. He's very good.

Does that mean Kathy Reichs can't be bothered anymore? Whatever happened to Koby?

Quote Originally Posted by debs View Post
    Does that mean Kathy Reichs can't be bothered anymore? Whatever happened to Koby?

Yeah, I haven't seen him around much. I don't rememeber seeing him at all on the NG show recently.

How many experts do they have? Isn't his postion covered already....

as for Koby...think some of his comments on NG are biting him in the butt....she warned him that some things could be used against him....
    jmo

Koby wanted to keep his career, and joining forces with Baez wasn't going to do that! LOL JMHO
    He couldn't tell the defense what they wanted to hear!
    Justice For Caylee Marie

I'm hopping this means Kathy is done with this case. I was so disappointed that she would associate herself with this. Maybe she thought better. One can hope.

Quote Originally Posted by indicat View Post
    I'm hope this means Kathy is done with this case. I was so disappointed that she would associate herself with this. Maybe she thought better. One can hope.
    Me too. I couldn't believe she was/is a part of the defense.

I also hope Kathy has run for the hills. It made me sick that she would be involved in the defense.

Well I'm from Ontario and I've never heard of him .............

But then we don't televise our trials either lol

Quote Originally Posted by indicat View Post
    I'm hope this means Kathy is done with this case. I was so disappointed that she would associate herself with this. Maybe she thought better. One can hope.
    My sentiments exactly. I was very surprised that a professional of her caliber would choose to associate herself with a case like this one that has so many negative undertones. Not to mention the potentially career ending effect it could have if things continue along the same unsavory lines it began on months ago.

Does anyone know for sure whether she withdrew from the case?
    1: Forge as many stolen checks as possible
    2: Buy Beer, Lingerie and more Beer
    3: Enter "Hot Bod" contest; for "investigative purposes"
    4: "Dirty Dance" with female friends
    5: Practice poking self in eye repeatedly to produce "tears"
    6: Alienate squirrel population of U.S.
    7. Have cheesy, happy Italian words tattooed on your body to properly accessorize "grief"
    8. Go directly to jail

How many "experts" does Casey need on her team? This is rediculous and it makes me ill. It's one thing that in this country everyone has a right to a fair trial and someone to represent him or her. But this has gone too far, she's not O.J. and she doesn't have two dimes to rub together that wasn't given to her or she didn't steal from someone. Ick! My stomach is turning this morning.

Quote Originally Posted by Imajica View Post
    My sentiments exactly. I was very surprised that a professional of her caliber would choose to associate herself with a case like this one that has so many negative undertones. Not to mention the potentially career ending effect it could have if things continue along the same unsavory lines it began on months ago.

Does anyone know for sure whether she withdrew from the case?
    I havent heard if she did withdraw but I cant imagine why they would need 2 people in the exact same field. She should be concerned about her career, I hope the pressure of that caused her to withdraw.

Quote Originally Posted by Jin4one View Post
    "My role in the case is basically peer review," Fairgrieve told the Orlando Sentinel. "I will be reviewing reports on the evidence. So far everything I've done has been remotely."

Did the defense team not already have someone that does this on their team? Any one know or heard of this guy?
    Peer review is a process where one's report is subjected to scrutiny. He was probably imo reviewing Reichs' findings and report.

Quote Originally Posted by njustice View Post
    How many "experts" does Casey need on her team? This is rediculous and it makes me ill. It's one thing that in this country everyone has a right to a fair trial and someone to represent him or her. But this has gone too far, she's not O.J. and she doesn't have two dimes to rub together that wasn't given to her or she didn't steal from someone. Ick! My stomach is turning this morning.

Casey may not have two dimes to rub together, but what she does have is popularity, good or bad. Notorious cases like this make household names out of those involved. Why do you think Gloria Alred volunteers to take cases "pro bono"?

Page 1 of 16 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast