777 users online (95 members and 682 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 2 of 43 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast
    Ruflossn is offline "Silence is the most perfect expression of scorn.", ~ George Bernard Shaw ~
    Quote Originally Posted by INQUIRING MINDS View Post
    Good that we are looking at all angles, however criminal profiling would tell us that it would be highly unusual for a suspect to escalate from molesting to murder and revert back to molesting. If anything the crime would be duplicated or progress to torture/murder. So therefore, I would not conclude that this pastor was involved in the death of these girls.
    I agree with IM. I do not think the 2 events will be related.
    IM~ I love your avatar.

INQUIRING MINDS & Flossie I tend to agree with you guys.. it would be easy if we could blame preacher.. I wonder what led the children to come frwd about him?

Thanks IM for going one more step about the sketch... I can at least call Library on Mon...
    "This isn't who they are. It is only what happened to them."
    Jaycee Dugard

Folks, I went to WHS with ML. We were in the Class of 75. I was also his Platoon Leader in the OKARNG at Henryetta. ML was always a Christian centered man. He was a good soldier. I can't help but think something dramatic happened in his life lately either personally, in his mind, or both. I'm not saying ML didn't commit the crime, and if he did, I feel for the girls and their families. I would be very surprised if Taylor and Skyla attended Arbeka Indian Baptist Church. Weleetka is pretty segregated, just like a lot of small Oklahoma towns, and races essentially don't mix.

Anyone know if Communion is given in a Baptist Church? And, if so, do penitents fast before it?

Actually... I guess Communion isn't relevant. Just: is there a practice of fasting in that congregation? I remember when I was a little girl at that age, I got pretty caught up in religious practices.
    Last edited by tapu; 01-17-2009 at 11:49 AM. Reason: afterthought

Ruflossn is offline "Silence is the most perfect expression of scorn.", ~ George Bernard Shaw ~
    Quote Originally Posted by tapu View Post
    Anyone know if Communion is given in a Baptist Church? And, if so, do penitents fast before it?
    Hi Tapu~
    Yes, communion is taken at Baptist churches. Fasting before hand is not a requirement.

Quote Originally Posted by weleetka1 View Post
    Folks, I went to WHS with ML. We were in the Class of 75. I was also his Platoon Leader in the OKARNG at Henryetta. ML was always a Christian centered man. He was a good soldier. I can't help but think something dramatic happened in his life lately either personally, in his mind, or both. I'm not saying ML didn't commit the crime, and if he did, I feel for the girls and their families. I would be very surprised if Taylor and Skyla attended Arbeka Indian Baptist Church. Weleetka is pretty segregated, just like a lot of small Oklahoma towns, and races essentially don't mix.
    Hello W1~
    I wanted to thank you for continuing to share a local perspective and information about the people who live in the area. I do not live in the area but, I am familiar w/ the area and where the church is located. While it is close to Taylors home, I do not think the girls were involved in the church. Like I stated earlier, I do not think ML will be involved in the deaths of Taylor and Skyla. jmo.

Quote Originally Posted by Ruflossn View Post
    Hi Tapu~
    Yes, communion is taken at Baptist churches. Fasting before hand is not a requirement.
    I guess it's "confession" that requires fasting beforehand, anyway. The possibility of a strong connection (pos or neg) to a church/pastor, together with the fact that the girls' stomach contents seemed to indicate that (oddly, in my view) they hadn't eaten in a while, got me to thinking about fasting and that type of practice in a religious context that had a hold on me, at least, at that age.... If the girls were fervently into this pastor's church....

Ruflossn, Howdy. Thanks. It would also be nice to hear from Missing Sarah and Sheza too.

Quote Originally Posted by tapu View Post
    I guess it's "confession" that requires fasting beforehand, anyway. The possibility of a strong connection (pos or neg) to a church/pastor, together with the fact that the girls' stomach contents seemed to indicate that (oddly, in my view) they hadn't eaten in a while, got me to thinking about fasting and that type of practice in a religious context that had a hold on me, at least, at that age.... If the girls were fervently into this pastor's church....
    Tapu~
    I had a feeling that was where you were going w/ the fasting question. In the Baptist religion, confession to a Priest etc....... is not a part of the religious / church requirements. Imo, the girls stomachs being virtually empty had nothing to do w/ attending any church services or church sponsored activity. This church is very close to Taylors home and also very close to where the POI was reportedly seen standing near his truck. Again, imo, that is where the similarities to the deaths of Skyla and Taylor and the church will begin and end. Assuming the alleged molester is guilty, I am just thankful that he is away from the unsuspecting young people that inevitably trust those that are put in church leadership positions.

Weleetka1, I also want to thank you for sharing a locals perspective.

You stated that ML, was in the National Guard. That would mean he had some type of military training. Especially with weapons.

Weleetka1, is ML still a member of the guard?

Yeah... you're probably right.

You know, when these girls were first killed, it seemed like the crime would be solved quickly. I mean, it was so out in the open. And in such a rural area.

It's frustrating so I keep wanting some break to happen....

This link has a picture of the pastor. His church was only 1/2 mile from where the girls were murdered according to this article. LE says they don't believe he is involved in the murder of the girls.

http://www.kjrh.com/mostpopular/stor...ush77Cjtw.cspx

Little726:

Yes ML had weapons training. However, I beleive it was handguns used to kill Taylor and Skyla. ML was enlisted, and enlisted personnel are generally not issued sidearms, but an M-16 rifle. Now you make me think that the shot patterns that were found on Taylor and Skyla should be matched against known shot groupings or patterns by other persons in organizations that have sidearm training.

Little726:

Yes ML had weapons training. However, I beleive it was handguns used to kill Taylor and Skyla. ML was enlisted, and enlisted personnel are generally not issued sidearms, but an M-16 rifle. Now you make me think that the shot patterns that were found on Taylor and Skyla should be matched against known shot groupings or patterns by other persons in organizations that have sidearm training.

No, I was on another line of thinking. But you made a good point.

Does anyone know if they were able to get the tire tracks from truck that was spotted with the POI? Or any tire tracks around that scene for that matter?
    If you have a truck, say 3 tires on it are factory tires, maybe at one point in time the 4th tire got a flat, blew, wore out. So you can have a different brand tire or even 2 different brand tires on a truck. Which would help identify the truck by the tire treads.
    Tire treads is what helped catch serial killer Bobby Long.

Page 2 of 43 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast