Dr. Michael Baden: Misinformed or deliberate misinformation?

AlwaysShocked

Reaction score
I watched the appearance of Dr. Michael Baden on Greta Van Sustren on Monday evening and he was spouting information about Caylee's remains that was absolutely wrong - and then building suppositions on the misinformation.

He stated that her remains were found all together inside the bag and that would go to show the remains weren't there for very long because otherwise animals would have found the remains and spread them out.

Now, it is fairly well known that the search took as long as it did because just when they thought they were finished, more bones were found located away from the bag and LE then had to clear out a much larger area and they were sifting through all that dirt. There were numerous shots shown on the TV of the crime scene investigators sifting buckets of dirt, looking for more bones.

What is with this guy? Is this a deliberate ploy on the part of the defense to put this type of "spin" out there? And this type of misinformation isn't even "spin" - it is out and out "MISTRUTH"!

Greta, of course, did not correct him. Perhpas she didn't watch any of the TV coverage from when the crime scene was being processed either?

Any opinions on whether this kind of misinformation is given out deliberately?

Deliberate.....Yes
His wife is one of Casey's Laywers

I watched the appearance of Dr. Michael Baden on Greta Van Sustren on Monday evening and he was spouting information about Caylee's remains that was absolutely wrong - and then building suppositions on the misinformation.

He stated that her remains were found all together inside the bag and that would go to show the remains weren't there for very long because otherwise animals would have found the remains and spread them out.

Now, it is fairly well known that the search took as long as it did because just when they thought they were finished, more bones were found located away from the bag and LE then had to clear out a much larger area and they were sifting through all that dirt. There were numerous shots shown on the TV of the crime scene investigators sifting buckets of dirt, looking for more bones.

What is with this guy? Is this a deliberate ploy on the part of the defense to put this type of "spin" out there? And this type of misinformation isn't even "spin" - it is out and out "MISTRUTH"!

Greta, of course, did not correct him. Perhpas she didn't watch any of the TV coverage from when the crime scene was being processed either?

That would be my guess...deliberate misinformation.

He does have a vested interest...his wife is on the defense team.

Seems it wouldn't be the first time one has suspected him of this...

"Prosecutor accuses pathologist of colluding with wife to win Spector case"

http://www.courttv.com/trials/spector/081507_ctv.html

It certainly could be intentional, but on the other hand, he has been horribly misinformed through the whole case...so Lord only knows.

I don't think Dr. Baden would do this, not intentionally anyways - he's very well respected - heck he was on the board who did the autopsy on JFK

He just might be misinformed - he could be learning things from the ole' wife and he uses that - so she could be feeding him the bull

I don't know her that well, she is good for throwing up smoke screens - and I don't think Dr. Baden is that gullible - I don't know

I don't understand how an expert can get away with flat out lying??!! It seems that there would be something in the law to safeguard against that? I guess I am too innocent.

Seems to me that several "experts" don't really know the case. I'm so sick of hearing these "experts" calling KC Caylee and vise versa. Don't they do any research before going of TV spouting their "expert opinions"?

His wife won't get paid more for a win than for a loss, so there's no real benefit to him deliberately spreading "mistruths."

He's been off the mark all along. He just doesn't have the facts of the case straight--and never really has.

The network as a whole seems to be similarly afflicted.

I did not see this appearance, but I read that he said MOST of the remains were found in the bag... not all. I am pretty sure his wife would know how close to true that statement was. I also read somewhere that a poster who had been to the crime scene itself, said that the actual area which was roped off and searched was not the entire acre as we had been told, but around 1/4 of an acre, very small area. And that it was 21 houses away from the A's, not 15 as NG says constantly.
It is possible that even though they sifted through the whole acre and found small bones, not all of them were Caylee's, maybe a lot of them were small animal bones.
I like and respect Dr. Baden and I do not believe he would deliberately mislead anyone. However, I know that some instantly distrust him because his wife is on the defense team. I am not arguing the point, but would like to point out that we have been misinformed about a lot of things in the past 6 months. Not all of it comes from the defense side. Nancy Grace misstates and misleads nearly every night, but not many complain about it. Take it with a grain of salt, and trust that when the trial starts, we will find out what is fact and what is fiction.

Anyone email the show to let the staff know this was wrong...very wrong?

Seems to me that several "experts" don't really know the case. I'm so sick of hearing these "experts" calling KC Caylee and vise versa. Don't they do any research before going of TV spouting their "expert opinions"?
...and it seems like reporters are only as good as the news that we give them.

Is it certain that he was implying that his comments and observations were based on the actual facts of this case, or was he making general observations, e.g. 'If..blah..blah, then...I think...blah..blah'

They need to stop putting people who are clearly biased on the news programs. It seems to me Fox News panders way too much to the defense! ahem Geraldo...

They need to stop putting people who are clearly biased on the news programs. It seems to me Fox News panders way too much to the defense! ahem Geraldo...

But they don't even begin to counteract the bias of NG and the ilk, IMO!

I didn't see the show, but yeah, he is waaaaaaay off. It doesn't look good that he's married to one of Casey's lawyer, and he is spouting incorrect information.

That would be my guess...deliberate misinformation.

He does have a vested interest...his wife is on the defense team.

Seems it wouldn't be the first time one has suspected him of this...

"Prosecutor accuses pathologist of colluding with wife to win Spector case"

http://www.courttv.com/trials/spector/081507_ctv.html

Per the link above:
She asked me what my opinion was of the charges against Mr. Spector because she didn't want to get involved with defending a guilty person," Baden said.

Guess LK-B got over that.

It's simple. He's just another liar for hire.

I agree.

His reputation was seriously damaged during the Spector trial- and so was that of his wife.

Their involvement in the Casey Anthony case just makes it that much more slimy.

Where did morals and values go? Sad to see so many fall...

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zipperoni
Back