796 users online (164 members and 632 guests)  

Websleuths News

Kevin Bacon needs work... :(

Wow, I was floored to hear on ABC news that Kevin Bacon and his wife lost almost everything to the Madoff fiasco. To think, he is one of the hardest-working actors in the industry... he has done almost everything, it seems... and now he is in need of work. To come as far as he and his wife have in life and to find their fortune scammed out from under them, is horrible...

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2009/0..._n_157850.html

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/28642876/

I hadn't heard that either. That is horrible. The devastation this man (Maddoff) has caused is enormous. It's unfortunate at this stage of the game that Kevin Bacon would have to work so hard, but he's such a great actor I don't think he'll have any difficulty finding work.

It is horrible but think how lucky they are that they are both in such high-paying careers so that they can land on their feet. Not the case with most of us when we suffer big losses. I like them both. She is great in The Closer.

Eve

when I read this title I thought of "work" as in "plastic surgery"!

Quote Originally Posted by TaylorJ4 View Post
    when I read this title I thought of "work" as in "plastic surgery"!
    I thought the same thing!

I don't think they are hurting that badly financially. I saw them out at dinner in Soho last week and then my boss was on a first class flight with them this week. They might have lost some money with this scheme but they definitely aren't destitute.

Quote Originally Posted by Masterj View Post
    I don't think they are hurting that badly financially. I saw them out at dinner in Soho last week and then my boss was on a first class flight with them this week. They might have lost some money with this scheme but they definitely aren't destitute.
    Masterj,

I always love your insider tidbits - must be fun!

Eve

Quote Originally Posted by eve View Post
    Masterj,

I always love your insider tidbits - must be fun!

Eve
    My boss' life is fun. My life right now revolves 100% around this man's life, which is not so fun. I might have scoop here in there but trust me when I say that my life isn't too exciting - lots of long days and I am on call 24/7. But I am employed and grateful for that!

A guy I've chatted with from another office, at an old job, said he is from Bacon's home town and every year Bacon and his wife show up for a fund raiser and that he's just one of the guys there with his wife. No airs about him.

I agree that wealth is relative, and so the hits that people have to take, as a result of the Credit Crunch, or fraud as in this case...are relative...

But, there are people who I don't feel sorry for, who should have been shrewder and have not wholly deserved their wealth, I can give examples if needed, and there are others like Kyra and Kevin, who seem to work very hard, who have tried to be down to earth, hard-working and decent, who do not deserve to have been duped... Just my humble opinion, there...
    'Beauty is truth, truth beauty,—that is all
    Ye know on earth, and all ye need to know.'

John Keats

My boss' life is fun. My life right now revolves 100% around this man's life, which is not so fun. I might have scoop here in there but trust me when I say that my life isn't too exciting - lots of long days and I am on call 24/7. But I am employed and grateful for that!
    I didn't think of it that way, I see what you mean! Yes, emlpoyment is a good thing. I hope he pays you what you're worth!

Eve

OK, I am dyin', can you say what your boss does, or a "hint"??? I am so nosey....
    Check out updated daily: Tricia's Tidbits

Some days I feel like a tumbleweed blowing in the wind....