In Retrospect-Kronk Believes He Saw Skull In August

Status
Not open for further replies.

pirate

Former Member
Reaction score
http://www.wesh.com/news/18469488/detail.html

I think this is good for the prosecution:

It shows that the body was there in August.

And the responding officer who did not find the body in August is a three year veterand and he has a history of not handling calls properly. Two other complaints have been filed against him.

Everyone??

I hope it helps the proscecution.....but I can also see when he opens his mouth jb using it against LE....

omg...

I can see the Defense going after Kronk on why he didn't go to the national media about what he found, if he thought he saw a skull in the woods. Why not call Nancy Grace or Greta?

Or, another big question, why didn't he go to the FBI?

Of course, the answer is that he reported it to the police, and he knew searches were ongoing, so he figured they knew more than he knew. Who wouldn't? And finally when the snake season was over in Florida, he went back and found the body. He did the right thing, but a jury might have questions about the time lapse between August and November.

And the responding officer who did not find the body in August is a three year veterand and he has a history of not handling calls properly. Two other complaints have been filed against him.

Everyone??

Why should I believe him and not the officer?Maybe there was no suspicious bag there in august.
He's story is getting more and more credible......not.:boohoo:

omg...

I can see the Defense going after Kronk on why he didn't go to the national media about what he found, if he thought he saw a skull in the woods. Why not call Nancy Grace or Greta?

Or, another big question, why didn't he go to the FBI?

Of course, the answer is that he reported it to the police, and he knew searches were ongoing, so he figured they knew more than he knew. Who wouldn't? And finally when the snake season was over in Florida, he went back and found the body. He did the right thing, but a jury might have questions about the time lapse between August and November.

Exactly.
He's trouble but I guess time will tell.
:seeya: Promised to stay away from meter reader threads.

I do not know much about forensic science and body decomposition, but I wonder if the body would have decomposed enough so that Kronk would have seen a "skull" in August. Does that sound feasible?

Everyone??

I'm on the fence about the benefit for the prosecution with this one. My concern is that if RK says he saw a skull in August, yet in December basically stated he had to move the bag and a skull fell out, something isn't adding up.

My hinky meter wasn't on alert before, but the needle just jumped.

i don't want to get involved in what's likely to become a kronk bashing thread but i do want to say OMG and GREAT catch pirate!

I do not know much about forensic science and body decomposition, but I wonder if the body would have decomposed enough so that Kronk would have seen a "skull" in August. Does that sound feasible?

Exactly what I was wondering. If the timeline is correct, the body would have been there less than a month. I don't know.

What I don't understand is if RK seen the bag and the skull why wasn't he more persistent with the responding deputy. The deputy walks to the waters edge, took a cursory look and states, "I don't see anything" When that happens why doesn't RK say, "Sir, the bag is right over there and I think I see a skull." By the way I am a former bounty hunter and this area has bothered me for some time. Why does RK just walk away and say well I must be losing my mind! Believe me I am all for RK and thank god he found our little angel but I just wish he would have been more assertive. PS: It is know time to shut up! You have your paid interview which I think he deserves some compensation since he did not qualify for a reward but it is now time to be quiet until trial.

Exactly what I was wondering. If the timeline is correct, the body would have been there less than a month. I don't know.
We have to see how this pans out. It's been noted that in a florida summer it may only take two weeks to skeletonize. However, this changes the "underwater" theory.

Something is wrong here! If he thought he saw a skull in Aug why didn't he do all his investigative work then and not in Dec? First it was wihte bag, grey bag, black bag and now he thinks he saw a skull? WTF!

Roy Kronk now believes he saw Caylee Anthony’s skull sticking out of a bag the first day he reported something suspicious in the woods in August

He does not say he knew it was a skull. He says he Believes now that it was the skull.
Looking back now and thinking it was the skull versus knowing it was are totally different.

And he did call about it, 3 times and mentions the something white.

There is nothing to his comment IMO.

It is already obvious from his 911 call and mentioning the something white that he might have thought it could be a skull but was not sure at the time....the end result was he called the police and then DID follow up later on.

"A source close to the investigation said Wednesday that Roy Kronk now believes he saw Caylee Anthony’s skull sticking out of a bag the first day he reported something suspicious in the woods in August.

Kronk mentions seeing something white in his first 911 call, ..."

I can't help it but this is beyond science fiction.Who's playing games,cause this is sick.Is it the source,is it Kronk?But I can't believe what I just read.

Something is wrong here! If he thought he saw a skull in Aug why didn't he do all his investigative work then and not in Dec? First it was wihte bag, grey bag, black bag and now he thinks he saw a skull? WTF!

How much of this reporting is from Kronk himself, or his attorney? I don't recall him changing the colour of the bag 3 times. But if someone can show me otherwise...

LE has known his full story for some time. A lot of what we're seeing on the news is hear-say, IMO.

Actually from June 16-August 11 is almost two months.

And several forensic experts have said that given the conditions in Florida last summer, Caylee's remains in those woods would have been skeletonized in appx, 2 weeks.

Actually, this confirms what I believed from the day RK went public with his "find". There is no other explanation for his persisence in searching for Caylee's body, than he KNEW it was there.

What I don't understand is if RK seen the bag and the skull why wasn't he more persistent with the responding deputy. The deputy walks to the waters edge, took a cursory look and states, "I don't see anything" When that happens why doesn't RK say, "Sir, the bag is right over there and I think I see a skull." By the way I am a former bounty hunter and this area has bothered me for some time. Why does RK just walk away and say well I must be losing my mind! Believe me I am all for RK and thank god he found our little angel but I just wish he would have been more assertive. PS: It is know time to shut up! You have your paid interview which I think he deserves some compensation since he did not qualify for a reward but it is now time to be quiet until trial.

He called the police three times, to no avail. Perhaps he was concerned that he would look, suspicious if he continued to call and insist that Caylee was there.

And if he had gone to the media, people would still find him suspicious because they would then accuse him of selling the story and exploiting rather than calling the police.

He's in a lose-lose as far as pleasing everyone.

OCSO- GUILTY of not checking things out in August.

Casey Anthony- GUILTY of murdering her daughter.

Anthony Family- GUILTY of obstructing justice.

Roy Kronk- NOT GUILTY of anything other than being persistent.

We have to see how this pans out. It's been noted that in a florida summer it may only take two weeks to skeletonize. However, this changes the "underwater" theory.

Kronk said the area was partially underwater in August when he was interviewed on GMA this week.

The Hurricane followed about 10 days later and the water became deeper.

I was wondering the same thing.

Below is a link to an article by Dr. Arpad Vass. He is currently a Senior Staff
Scientist at Oak Ridge National Laboratory and
Adjunct Associate Professor at the University of
Tennessee in Forensic Anthropology. The article appeared in the Nov 1, 2008issue of Microbiology Today.

In the right margin of the 2nd page of the pdf (page 191 of the magazaine), he states "In temperate regions of the United States individuals can be completely skeletonized in 30–40 days in the summer."

***Warning, some graphic images of human decomp.

http://www.sgm.ac.uk/pubs/micro_today/pdf/110108.pdf

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member