John Ramsey's Track Record for Voters (DOI-John's own words)

Show Me

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
I think the voters and candidates will be interested in the things John says he will do, versus what he actually does.

Example: The JBR Foundation =John was going to dedicate his life and spend every last dime he had to find the killer. He and Patsy gave themselves kudos over the grand scheme, on tv and in their book. The foundation went defunct years ago, though it was miraculously ressurected in time to 'donate' money to campers and for Patsy to brag about it on Larry King Live in front of millions of people.
-------------
DOI, paperback edition, page 426

"We hope to start an organization called SHOES as an outreach of the JonBenet Ramsey Children's Foundation, which will advocate legislation, offer resources and rewards, and establish computer databases-all focused as effective tools to both prevent violent crimes against children and to assist in the capture of child murderers.

We will use computerized tools to track pedophiles and sex offenders and also use experienced, retired detectives and top experts as resources to aid, and in some cases challenge, local police departments. We will put funds in place to offer significant rewards for information, when appropriate, to apprehend child killers.

SHOES will advocate legislation to elevate the murder of a child under the age of thirteen to a federal offense. After all, a bank robbery is a federal offense, and by law our nation treats this as a most serious crime. Do we as a country care more about our money than our children?

Veryyyyyy interesting. John was going to use SHOES to advocate legislation to change the laws.

SHOES did nothing...in fact I don't know if it every really existed, except in John's head.

Paper Edition, first Onyx printing January 2001, (ISBN 0-451-40973-6) Back cover in caps:

AUTHOR'S PROCEEDS FROM THE SALE OF THIS BOOK WILL GO TO THE JONBENET RAMSEY CHILDREN'S FOUNDATION.

Front cover in caps:THE NEW YORK TIMES BESTSELLAR

NO mention in the book of any lawyers receiving money from the sale of book.

Hmmm...I'd think at the very least, the foundation should have been rolling in dough.

John does give us some sage advice on page 328. (This is from the chapter Rumble on the Internet....I think Internet print media can also apply to hard copy print media.)

"We, as a people, are lazy and won't spend the time necessary to check out the information being fed to us. Instead opinions fly as fact like an unaimed machine gun. people don't stop to make sure that what they are about to say is the truth. people don't listen with a critical ear. What's missing? At the very least, a good editor to check out the facts before they are "published" on the Internet."

Show Me said:
I think the voters and candidates will be interested in the things John says he will do, versus what he actually does.

Example: The JBR Foundation =John was going to dedicate his life and spend every last dime he had to find the killer. He and Patsy gave themselves kudos over the grand scheme, on tv and in their book. The foundation went defunct years ago, though it was miraculously ressurected in time to 'donate' money to campers and for Patsy to brag about it on Larry King Live in front of millions of people.

I agree Show Me, the voters and general public needs to know what the Ramseys have and have not done. Especially, since Patsy lied on national TV that their dead foundation made a donation to a day camp in Charlevoix.

Let's see ... just how many of the following did the Ramseys accomplish?

DOI, paperback edition, page 426 -
"We hope to start an organization called SHOES as an outreach of the JonBenet Ramsey Children's Foundation, which will

1. advocate legislation,
2. offer resources and rewards, and
3. establish computer databases-all focused as effective tools to both prevent violent crimes against children and to assist in the capture of child murderers.
4. use computerized tools to track pedophiles and sex offenders and also
5. use experienced, retired detectives and top experts as resources to aid, and in some cases challenge, local police departments.
6. put funds in place to offer significant rewards for information, when appropriate, to apprehend child killers."

Hmmm. Zero six for six.

Instead, Patsy claims the foundation, which hadn't given a dime previously, and was declared defunct by the IRS, suddenly gave $1000 to a Charlevoix day camp where John is running for political office.

The media in Michigan needs to know the truth:

Charlevoix Courier - (231)547-6558

Petosky News-Review - (231)347-5461 (larger newspaper covering the Charlevoix area)

Detroit Free Press - (313)222-6400 (largest newspaper in Michigan)

IMO

I wish I had the time to really research the promises made...way too busy unfortunately, I'll add what I can.

However, someone correct me if I am wrong. If a foundation makes money thru books sales, or monetary donations....aren't they supposed to publicly publish how the foundation spent the money? Accountability comes to mind.

Maybe the lack of info is due to John and Patsy both having ADD? Example:

DOI pg 165-166:

"An average person reading the newspaper got more from the police each day than we did. Their silence was deafening. Each day John and I hungered for some insight, some idea, some answer to what was going on downtown at police headquarters. Ninety days passed without any word."

John and Patsy lived only a few miles from the police station and had access to a phone.....yet it never occured to either to call or stop by the police station even though they hungered for news. And yet....

DOI page 149: Pasta Jay/Media confrontation. Patsy:

"Trying to help our friend, I followed Jay down to the police station a few minutes later with Pat Burke, my attorney, to clarify what had actually happened. I broke into tears as I told the police about the media intrusion on our lives. "Someone broke into our home and killed our little girl," I reminded the police officers. "A killer is out there, and we are being hounded to death by the media!"

After I gave my brief testimony, I knew it would now be impossible to return to Jay's house without the struggle starting up again."
----
Patsy forgot to ask 'any news on finding my daughter's killer?' She was very concerned for Jay, and herself.

Trying to clarify my point: Patsy had an attorney who would go with her to the police station, she knew where it was, she talked to police about the media hounding her and Jay. Still, for ninety day, Patsy and John wait anxiously by the phone for ANY word on finding their daughter's killer. The Boulder police didn't call the Ramseys....why didn't the Ramsey's THINK to call the police themselves?
----------------
Edited, cause I hit the post button before I was finished making my point...and reediting cause I split the paragraph with this disclaimer...Whew...sorry folks, think I'm done with this post now.

I just dragged my old hardcover of DOI out to see what it said about the foundation. It's all on the back flyleaf as stated above. Down on the lower left corner of the back cover is a web site - Special website called: www.deathofinnocence.com
I tried to visit and guess what? The site is for sale. I also tried www.ramseyfamily.com again, and it's not available. It would seem that the Rams have managed to move on. After all, they only knew her 6 years. Onward and upward.

This is from Patsy Ramsey's speech regarding her new business:
www.webbookusa.com

"The Northwest Michigan issue of WebBook brings local focus to area businesses struggling to compete with national chains on the world wide web who can afford to pay a premium for "high visibility" on the internet, Ramsey said, who joined the company in September to spearhead the Sales and Marketing effort.

The print directory will be free to the public and distributed throughout the 10 county area of coverage.

"Any business in the area can list its web site address for free in the directory, Ramsey said. "What good is having a web site if no one knows about it?"

While it might not be John's words, it's close enough. Way to go Patsy!

Twilight and Barbara have found another example of Ramsey stupidity....publish websites in your best selling book and then do away with them.

Patsy should follow her own advice is right....where's is the foundation website? What good is it if it's not found?

Maybe some other camping organization needs a donation from the JBR foundation?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back