756 users online (68 members and 688 guests)  

Websleuths News

North Carolina

FL - Madison Co., Woman's body in woods, Jan'09 - Marilyn Harris

Authorities say it appears to be a homicide.

Sheriff Ben Stewart tells us the hunters found the body around noon Thursday. He says they still have not identified the woman and they're not sure how long her body had been there.

She was discovered about two miles south of Highway 90 on Pettis Springs Circle, just west of Greenville, Florida.

The Florida Department of Law Enforcement is assisting in the investigation, as well as the Jefferson County Sheriff's Office.

Sheriff Stewart says an autopsy on the woman is scheduled for Friday morning.

The woman, who has not been identified but appears to be middle-aged, was discovered about 10:30 a.m. near Pettis Springs Circle, said Chief Deputy Epp Richardson. Her death is being worked as a homicide. Itís unclear if foul play is suspected.

Last edited by Cubby; 12-18-2010 at 05:45 PM.

Aut viam inveniam aut faciam

From November 2009:

Deputies say multiple leads have developed but no one has been taken into custody. Investigators say although they have a person of interest, they haven't been able to collect enough evidence to file charges. But Stacy Harris says that's not good enough and she knows who killed her mother.

"I said how do you sleep, and he said I sleep just fine. He looked me dead in the eyes and didn't even tell me he was sorry bout my momma, just told me he sleeps fine," said Harris.