ID ID - Jeramy Burt, 35, Boise, 11 Feb 2007

SheWhoMustNotBeNamed

Former Member
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Not sure if this should be here or Cold Cases or somewhere else. Stumbled across this case and found it very bizarre.

Missing man's burned up car found in desert
June 20, 2007

He’s been missing more than four months -- leaving behind his little girl, his business and a lot of unanswered questions.

Now, a discovery in the desert could suggest foul play.

Jeramy Burt’s 34th birthday was Monday, but his family questions whether he is even still alive.

Burt’s family says he disappeared on February 11, something they say is completely out of character for this businessman and father of a four-year-old.

But shortly after he vanished, Burt’s ex-wife got a text message from his phone saying he was going to disappear, he was getting a new address and a new life.

It seemed suspicious to family members who say Burt would never abandon his little girl. She turned four less than a month after he went missing.

Then a month ago, a discovery in the Idaho desert raised even more questions for the Burt family.

More at link: http://www.ktvb.com/news/localnews/stories/ktvbn-jun1907-missing_man.1ca1e889.html

A few more pages with info on Jeramy:

NAMPN

Charley Project

ISP

www.myspace.com/jeramycarlburt

burt_jeramy5.jpg

http://www.myspace.com/jeramycarlburt

I found this missing person, Jeramy Carl Burt, while looking up some other things...

I have done a Websleuths search, and could find nothing already on Websleuths. Jeramy was last seen on 11 February 2007.

I know that this is an older case, but know that there are so many wonderful people here that there might be something we can discuss that will help locate Jeramy and help return him to his family?

Mods, please feel free to move this, if it is not in the right place? Bless you!

http://www.ktvb.com/news/localnews/stories/ktvbn-jun1907-missing_man.1ca1e889.html

"As I sit here this late sunday evening starring at my blank computer screen,I am wondering how to write this piece..There is not a lot of information to report and so little to go on..

Jeramy Burt is a son, brother and father who is deeply, sadly missed.

On Febuary 11th 2007 Jeramy left his home in Boise Idaho at ten thirty in the morning to go visit a friend..He never made it to his destination. Shortly after he went missing his ex-wife received a text stating that Jeramy was leaving and starting a new life elsewhere... The question then and still is, would a loving, caring father just up and abandon his three year old daughter? I would not think so... His family says that he would never leave behind his daughter... He loved her with every fibre of his soul..."

Source: http://activelyaware.blogspot.com/2008/11/monday4-missing-jeramy-burt.html

Months later the car he was driving which belonged to his ex-wife was found burnt in a remote desert... After sifting through the vehicle it is obvious that someone was trying to destroy evidence of some sort..What actually happened in that car? Or for that matter who else was in that car? Who wanted so badly to hide something? And who was so desperate to hide or destroy Jeramy Burt?

I can't even imagine what the family of Jeramy Burt have and are going through..To have your loved one torn from you and vanish without a trace..Not knowing if he is alive or not..."

http://www.kpvi.com/Global/story.asp?S=9839066
Man Still Missing After Two Years

Featured Video

Man Still Missing After Two Years

It has now been two years since a man with local ties disappeared from Boise and his family is asking for the public's help on the anniversary of his disappearance.

The missing man's family is hoping that they will finally get closure in this bizarre mystery.

Jeramy Burt, who grew up in American Falls, went missing two years ago on February 11, 2007. He left behind a daughter, a business, and a lot of speculation about what really happened.

After being reported missing, Burt's disappearance remains suspicious to his family. They say it was completely out of character for this 35-year-old to just up and leave. They find it especially difficult to understand, because according to them he would never abandon his little girl.

Four months after he went missing, the case took a strange turn that some suggest proves foul play. The remains of the car that Burt was apparently driving were discovered 45 miles north of the Nevada border. The car was found by a cowboy in a very remote area.

The abandoned car had been burned out. Investigators believe someone was trying to hide something, though they are not convinced it was foul play.

On this two year anniversary of Burt's disappearance, his family wants to believe he is still alive and they will see him again.

Shane Burt, brother: "My gut feeling tells me that I won't see my brother again. I definitely hope for that."

Katrina Burt, sister: "We hope that he's still alive, but we know our brother well enough that he's probably not still around. But we are still keeping that hope that he's still here."

The family says that there have been some leads to Jeramy's disappearance over the past two years.

The Boise Police Department is continuing to investigate his disappearance as a missing persons case, and are asking for anyone with information to give them a call at (208) 373-5406.

KTVB.com
Idaho News Now

Family believes Jeramy is dead BOISE

He’s been missing more than four months -- leaving behind his little girl, his business and a lot of unanswered questions.

Now, a discovery in the desert could suggest foul play.

Jeramy Burt’s 34th birthday was Monday, but his family questions whether he is even still alive.

Burt’s family says he disappeared on February 11, something they say is completely out of character for this businessman and father of a four-year-old.

But shortly after he vanished, Burt’s ex-wife got a text message from his phone saying he was going to disappear, he was getting a new address and a new life.

It seemed suspicious to family members who say Burt would never abandon his little girl. She turned four less than a month after he went missing.

Then a month ago, a discovery in the Idaho desert raised even more questions for the Burt family.

About 45 miles north of the Nevada border, in an extremely remote area, a cowboy found the burned-out remains of the car Burt was driving -- his ex-wife's Mercury Cougar.

The Owyhee County Sheriff's Office says someone was trying to hide something, but not necessarily something sinister.

But Burt’s sister and father seem convinced their loved one was killed.

"I believe that someone tried to eliminate any evidence whatsoever, if there was blood on the seats or any personal items, fingerprints," said Van Burt, Jeramy’s father.

"He had his own business, he had his daughter, he had a lot of stuff and it's really hard to think of somebody taking that away from him," said Katrina Burt, Jeramy’s sister.

Owyhee County and Boise Police investigators sifted through the remains of Burt’s car, but say they found absolutely nothing indicating foul play.

Boise Police is investigating this case, but there appears to be no evidence suggesting that Jeramy Burt is anything other than missing.

http://www.ktvb.com/news/localnews/stories...n.1ca1e889.html

<snip>

Burt will be featured on the Investigation Discovery channel show, “Disappeared,” on Dec. 20. The feature is set to air at 10 p.m. Eastern time, 9 p.m. Central. Check your cable listings for local broadcast time.

http://www.idahostatejournal.com/news/local/article_c00dbe8e-09c2-11e0-b84c-001cc4c002e0.html

Jeramy Burt's page on Discovery.com

http://investigation.discovery.com/tv/disappeared/the-missing/jeramy-burt.html

Just watched this, can't believe that I have never heard about this. Is the family saying anything about what they think happened? He is just gone!

Bump for Jeramy, missing 5 years today.

For The Missing: Pacific Northwest- Jeramy Burt has been missing from Idaho for 5 years today.
Facebook page for Jeramy - http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100001978483718&ref=ts

Charley Project - MISSING: Jeramy Carl Burt - Boise ID, 2007
http://www.charleyproject.org/&#8206;33-year-old Jeramy Carl Burt was last seen in Boise, Idaho on February 11, 2007. Shortly afterward, his wife got a text stating he planned to leave, but it is unclear if the message was from Jeramy. His vehicle was found abandoned and burned near Nevada. He left behind a young daughter.

As an avid fan of Disappeared on the ID network, I'm surprised I hadn't caught Jeramy's episode until recently.

It seemed highly likely that the woman with whom he had an affair, who had recently gotten out of jail, and whom Jeramy had testified against, would not be too happy with Jeramy around the time he disappeared. She seems like a VERY likely suspect, but I'm guessing police don't have much physical evidence and are at a standstill?

Jeramy had a lot of weirdness in his life. He married someone in Japan. He claimed to end the relationship but never get around to executing the divorce. He dates a woman and gets her pregnant (I think) while married. He hires an attorney to do the divorce and ends up dating her. Weeks after his baby arrives, he separates from his baby's mother and gets divorced from her. He carries on seeing the divorce attorney. Later he goes back to the his baby's mother and, according to her, says he realizes the divorce attorney is practicing corrupt law so he says he'll keep seeing her just to rat her out. So he secretly records is private conversations with the divorce attorney and takes them to the authorities. She goes to prison for a year as a result. When she gets out she wants to date him again, and it sounds like maybe he dates her some despite all that happened. He starts living with his ex-wife, the mother of his 3 y/o, but it sounds like it's for convenience rather than to reconcile and start a normal relationship as the mother wants.

One of those things I could accept as the crazy things people occasionally do in relationships. But he does one crazy thing after another.

His relationship with the attorney is unusual because attorney's are forbidden by the Bar from dating their clients. Was it just dumb luck that he went to an attorney who was a) a young woman and b) willing to break the rules?

I don't understand why he turned the attorney in in the first place instead of just getting away from her. It makes even less sense that they'd see each other romantically after he helped send her to prison. Were they just very psychologically troubled people or is there more to the story?

I get the idea the police think his ex-wife is naïve in her belief in him.

Guesses
It sounds like the text messages were not from him but from is murderer. They were intended to throw her off and make her think maybe he stole her car and left voluntarily. Their relationship was not close, and this would seem plausible given his past behavior. It might have been smarter not to send them, but the murderer was not that smart. It makes no sense why the murderer would answer the voice call.

The attorney may have been involved, but there may have been other criminal activity of some sort going on.

One key is finding out why he turned in the attorney and why he continued to see her after that. Maybe they were just stupid, but if there was any reason for that behavior it might shed light one what happened to him.

I'm really surprised at how few of responses are on here for him.

This guy....was not a very good guy. Lots of motives for all the women he treated so poorly. You can't do these things he did and not eventually get someone angry or crazy.

Whoever sent the text messages definitely knew him well to be able to send those. It sounds like something a woman involved with him would do. Someone who might be a little unstable. Angry, jealous, maybe some mental and emotional issues. Some text messages that tell the other woman "you lost and I won" and rub it in.

The fact that they sent his buddy a text saying he's never seeing him again tells me that maybe she was upset or jealous of the time he spent with his hunting buddy. Jealous of the other woman and jealous of his buddy.

We all want to blame the Divorce lawyer lady. And that is most likely who it is. He really jerks all these women around emotionally, Then he turns on her and turns her in?? That's serious business. Of course she'd want to knock him off.

But think of this. The second his wife is out of town he's dressed up like he went to see someone else and cheat on her again. I'm thinking his wife knew for a while and this was the last time. Very convenient that she is out of town when he disappears while he possibly goes to cheat on her yet again. Watching her interview she seems very much like she's doing a bit of acting while she talks. She may have been someone who didn't like his buddy too and had those texts sent to him. And had the killer send texts to her too. Those were things she would have known only he would say too.

One thing I don't get is what happened to triangulating of his phone while all these messages were sent? They must have been able to somewhat pin down where his phone was when someone was using it. I guess they are keeping that in the file for now. And doesn't his mailbox have a password? Most likely. They say someone checked the mailbox over and over. Most likely his wife would be the only other person who would know his password. Although possibly he never made one and dialing "1" goes straight to it. Being he runs his own business and is on the job sights i'm betting he did have a password to protect it. So someone knew his password. I think only his wife would.

Here is one last thing. Did his buddy have a wife or girlfriend he was cheating on with her? He's got guns, they hunt together. And know plenty of places to put bodies. Supposedly he was going to see him that night too.

Possibly his very first wife had some motive to or a family member of hers. But that's probably a lot less likely.

For all we know the text messages were from nobody he really knew at all and they simply gathered that info from his phone pictures, texts, and videos. But that still leaves the password.

This guy did a lot of things to make a lot of enemies. And who knows which other possible women or angry husbands could possibly be involved. Lot's of motives.

I'm leaning mostly toward the lawyer lady but also toward the last wife. The lawyer lady probably knew some very sketchy people in her line of work. She could have easily got help from one of them.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back