1036 users online (194 members and 842 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Bumping for Jeramy. Please come home soon.

Bumping. Missing 6 years today.

As an avid fan of Disappeared on the ID network, I'm surprised I hadn't caught Jeramy's episode until recently.

It seemed highly likely that the woman with whom he had an affair, who had recently gotten out of jail, and whom Jeramy had testified against, would not be too happy with Jeramy around the time he disappeared. She seems like a VERY likely suspect, but I'm guessing police don't have much physical evidence and are at a standstill?
    "Don't pee on my leg and tell me it's raining." -- Judge Judy

Why do so many things about Jeramy's life not make sense?

Jeramy had a lot of weirdness in his life. He married someone in Japan. He claimed to end the relationship but never get around to executing the divorce. He dates a woman and gets her pregnant (I think) while married. He hires an attorney to do the divorce and ends up dating her. Weeks after his baby arrives, he separates from his baby's mother and gets divorced from her. He carries on seeing the divorce attorney. Later he goes back to the his baby's mother and, according to her, says he realizes the divorce attorney is practicing corrupt law so he says he'll keep seeing her just to rat her out. So he secretly records is private conversations with the divorce attorney and takes them to the authorities. She goes to prison for a year as a result. When she gets out she wants to date him again, and it sounds like maybe he dates her some despite all that happened. He starts living with his ex-wife, the mother of his 3 y/o, but it sounds like it's for convenience rather than to reconcile and start a normal relationship as the mother wants.

One of those things I could accept as the crazy things people occasionally do in relationships. But he does one crazy thing after another.

His relationship with the attorney is unusual because attorney's are forbidden by the Bar from dating their clients. Was it just dumb luck that he went to an attorney who was a) a young woman and b) willing to break the rules?

I don't understand why he turned the attorney in in the first place instead of just getting away from her. It makes even less sense that they'd see each other romantically after he helped send her to prison. Were they just very psychologically troubled people or is there more to the story?

I get the idea the police think his ex-wife is naïve in her belief in him.

Guesses
    It sounds like the text messages were not from him but from is murderer. They were intended to throw her off and make her think maybe he stole her car and left voluntarily. Their relationship was not close, and this would seem plausible given his past behavior. It might have been smarter not to send them, but the murderer was not that smart. It makes no sense why the murderer would answer the voice call.

The attorney may have been involved, but there may have been other criminal activity of some sort going on.

One key is finding out why he turned in the attorney and why he continued to see her after that. Maybe they were just stupid, but if there was any reason for that behavior it might shed light one what happened to him.

I'm really surprised at how few of responses are on here for him.

This guy....was not a very good guy. Lots of motives for all the women he treated so poorly. You can't do these things he did and not eventually get someone angry or crazy.

Whoever sent the text messages definitely knew him well to be able to send those. It sounds like something a woman involved with him would do. Someone who might be a little unstable. Angry, jealous, maybe some mental and emotional issues. Some text messages that tell the other woman "you lost and I won" and rub it in.

The fact that they sent his buddy a text saying he's never seeing him again tells me that maybe she was upset or jealous of the time he spent with his hunting buddy. Jealous of the other woman and jealous of his buddy.

We all want to blame the Divorce lawyer lady. And that is most likely who it is. He really jerks all these women around emotionally, Then he turns on her and turns her in?? That's serious business. Of course she'd want to knock him off.

But think of this. The second his wife is out of town he's dressed up like he went to see someone else and cheat on her again. I'm thinking his wife knew for a while and this was the last time. Very convenient that she is out of town when he disappears while he possibly goes to cheat on her yet again. Watching her interview she seems very much like she's doing a bit of acting while she talks. She may have been someone who didn't like his buddy too and had those texts sent to him. And had the killer send texts to her too. Those were things she would have known only he would say too.

One thing I don't get is what happened to triangulating of his phone while all these messages were sent? They must have been able to somewhat pin down where his phone was when someone was using it. I guess they are keeping that in the file for now. And doesn't his mailbox have a password? Most likely. They say someone checked the mailbox over and over. Most likely his wife would be the only other person who would know his password. Although possibly he never made one and dialing "1" goes straight to it. Being he runs his own business and is on the job sights i'm betting he did have a password to protect it. So someone knew his password. I think only his wife would.

Here is one last thing. Did his buddy have a wife or girlfriend he was cheating on with her? He's got guns, they hunt together. And know plenty of places to put bodies. Supposedly he was going to see him that night too.

Possibly his very first wife had some motive to or a family member of hers. But that's probably a lot less likely.

For all we know the text messages were from nobody he really knew at all and they simply gathered that info from his phone pictures, texts, and videos. But that still leaves the password.

This guy did a lot of things to make a lot of enemies. And who knows which other possible women or angry husbands could possibly be involved. Lot's of motives.

I'm leaning mostly toward the lawyer lady but also toward the last wife. The lawyer lady probably knew some very sketchy people in her line of work. She could have easily got help from one of them.

I watched the "Disappeared" episode and came up with the following timeline.

Feb 11/07
    - 10:30 pm - last seen @ 2200 block Hervey St, Boise ID by his father. He said he was headed out to his buddy's (Greg Reno) house. His father said that JB looked dressed nice enough to be 'going to party'.

- 10:30 pm - ATM transaction in Boise very shortly after this time.
    - ~12:00 midnight - debit transaction at a Chevron station in Mountain House ID (about 40 miles, or 30 minutes drive from JB's place)

Feb 12/07:
    - Greg Reno receives call from JB's phone in early hours of the night
    - JB's common law ("ex") receives text messages from JB during the day and checks them after her training session in Las Vegas.
    - numerous calls from JB's cell that last less than a minute, indicating calls followed by hang ups.

Feb 13/07:
    - "Ex" receives text from JB's phone that he plans to start a new life
    - call from JB's cell to payphone in Mountain House ID (only long duration call; ~ 6-7 minutes)

Feb 14/07:
    - last activity on JB's cell.

Feb 17/07:
    - ex gets home from Las Vegas and notices that her car is missing. She files a missing person's report and an auto theft report.

May 18/07:
    - ex's car found abandoned and burned in remote desert area (45 mi. from Nevada state line and 100 mi. south of Boise) in Owyhee County.
    Last edited by Snoopster; 11-09-2013 at 08:46 PM. Reason: typos/grammar
    Any man's death diminishes me,
    Because I am involved in mankind,
    Therefore, send not to know, for whom the bell tolls;
    It tolls for thee.
    ~John Dunne

#TeamCivilization

the lawyer

Usually after time has passed you can look back on a situation and see things differently. Time tells all. People don't change.

So I'm wondering where the lawyer is now? I wonder if she's gotten in to any more trouble.

Surely something has come up ... some sort of lead ???

Here is a recent story on the case:
    http://www.idahostatejournal.com/mem...9bb2963f4.html

In reading about this case it screams the lawyer had something to do with it. She is the only logical person. The texts to his ex-wife had some personal info, leading me to believe that it had to be someone that knew Jeremy making the texts. The one long call was to a pay phone. That makes no sense. My suspicion is that the call was to a hitman or accomplice. I would think given the phone activity by Jeremy it wouldn't be too difficult to narrow down POI in the area or with no phone activity. Even stranger too the lawyer appears to have changed her name a couple of times.

My suspicion is that there won't be an arrest until a body is recovered.

Quote Originally Posted by elimanning View Post
    Here is a recent story on the case:
    http://www.idahostatejournal.com/mem...9bb2963f4.html

In reading about this case it screams the lawyer had something to do with it. She is the only logical person. The texts to his ex-wife had some personal info, leading me to believe that it had to be someone that knew Jeremy making the texts. The one long call was to a pay phone. That makes no sense. My suspicion is that the call was to a hitman or accomplice. I would think given the phone activity by Jeremy it wouldn't be too difficult to narrow down POI in the area or with no phone activity. Even stranger too the lawyer appears to have changed her name a couple of times.

My suspicion is that there won't be an arrest until a body is recovered.
    Snipped from your link:

His brother, Shane Burt of Chubbuck, said he had a dreadful premonition that he would never see Jeramy again when he learned that his brother was missing.

“I don’t mean to downplay death, but this is almost worse,” Shane said. “You have all these unanswered questions and it haunts you every day.”

Shane said he met with the police the following weekend, but his family’s sense of urgency was overlooked by law enforcement until they found Kim’s missing car.

“The police asked us to let them take care of it, to not go to the media and we did that,” Shane said. “I think the police dropped the ball when they didn’t take it seriously that weekend.”
    Here a , there a , everywhere a

I found another mention of Jeramy in another article.

Rally held in Salt Lake City to honor missing persons

http://fox13now.com/2014/06/21/rally...ssing-persons/

It’s a similar struggle for Sheryl Burt. Her son, Jeramy Carl Burt, vanished on February 11, 2007.

“It’s been the worst 7 years of my life, and I wouldn’t wish this nightmare on anyone,” Sheryl said.

Her son was 31 at the time. Police found the carcass of a burned car, deserted in a remote area in Idaho just three months after his disappearance.

“He would have never left his daughter behind,” Burt said of her son.

These families are now turning to each other for support, and they’re turning to Marki Davis, who is a private investigator.

It seems as though they've employed a PI on the case, which is good to see. Hopefully Marki Davis can crack the case!

Just watched this case on Disappeared. Bumping for Jeramy.

Ran into this blog while researching Jeramy Burt. Interesting how the comments mention Jeramy's lawyer, Jeannie, being friends with missing man Ahren Barnard's girlfriend (her name was Constance). Ahren and Jeramy went missing about 2+ years apart. http://thecontextofthings.com/2014/0...nnie-el-bakri/

Help Find Missing - Jeramy Carl Burt
    https://www.facebook.com/jeramycarlburt
    Jeramy Carl Burt Missing
    https://www.facebook.com/jeramy.burtmissing

Missing 8 years now.

Father's search goes on 8 years after Boise man's disappearance
    6:52 a.m. MDT April 24, 2015

snipped
    The Burt family is now working with a private investigator out of Utah who is helping organize a search this June in the area where the car was found.

"There is a number of pieces of equipment that is needed for a detailed search," Burt said.

The family is raising money to pay for the search equipment and even a cadaver dog, in hopes of finding Jeramy's body. The private investigator is doing the work for free. Van believes, and long has, that his son is dead, but he still wants to find his body.

"I'd like to find some closure on it," Burt said. "I'd like to know where he is so that we could properly put him to rest."

Jeramy Burt's file on Idaho's Cold Case site:

http://eastidahocoldcasesinc.com/eas...jeramy-c-burt/

The article from the last post specified that a search was going to be conducted in early June. I don't think anything significant was found.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast