907 users online (175 members and 732 guests)  


Websleuths News


Page 2 of 38 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 562
  1. #16
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    494
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. E View Post
    I've heard a rumor that 2009 is the year that Johnny will choose to surface. Why this would be the magic year, I don't know. Would any of those who claim to know a very-much-alive Johnny have any inside knowledge to verify or dispel this rumor?
    I'm not sure about that.....but apparently Paul Bonacci posts on the FranklineFiles website...and says he knows for a fact Johnny is alive. Very intriguing.

    I have to say, I am starting to think he is indeed alive.

  2. #17
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    1,187
    Quote Originally Posted by thefragile7393 View Post
    I found the post here http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...&postcount=509 that I was thinking of and you are correct, my memory was bad. Can't wait for more developments!

    Incidentally, I was remembering some years ago on either Oprah or Montel Williams the whole show was dedicated to a young man (late teens, early 20's) who was lured into a pedo ring via the internet..at the time he was in his early teens I believe. A detective managed to help get him out and he and the detective were on the show (whichever it was) to get the word out to parents to be careful with their children and the internet. He was helping the police identify some children/teens that were in confiscated pictures and naming names to the authourities. It wasn't very long ago, sometime in the 2000's. He was on without any disguises or anything to hide his identity. He did say he had recieved death threats. I guess my point is that it seems now likely that something like this very well could have happened to Johnny.
    I remember this! It was awhile ago and Im pretty sure it was Oprah.

  3. #18
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    The South, USA
    Posts
    2,405
    Quote Originally Posted by SnowAngels View Post
    I'm not sure about that.....but apparently Paul Bonacci posts on the FranklineFiles website...and says he knows for a fact Johnny is alive. Very intriguing.

    I have to say, I am starting to think he is indeed alive.
    If he is alive, I don't understand why he is in hiding. Paul Bonacci was a part of the same ring, he claims, and he is not in hiding.

    I suppose the fact that Johnny Gosch is such a high-profile abduction means that his existence would blow the whole thing wide open. If what is being said is even close to being true, I imagine there are many who would want to be sure that Johnny did not come forward.

    However, wouldn't the perpetrators be elderly or dead by now? These events happened in the 80s. How much of a threat could they be?

  4. #19
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Northern California
    Posts
    2,437
    One of the things that I would like to accomplish is to make direct contact with Johnny (or John, as I understand he prefers to be called) and to find out exactly why he has chosen to stay hidden and what would it take for him to come "above ground". My understanding through second-hand sources is that he wants to avoid the circus that his reappearance would undoubtably cause. I would like to hear his exact concerns and to see if they can be addressed in a manner that would allow him to resrface.
    Order the book "Searching For Anna" directly from [URL="http://www.lulu.com/conte

  5. #20
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    72
    What about Eugene Martin and Marc James Warren-Allen also missing from Des Moines? Doesn't seem more likely a serial pedophile was involved in all the cases?

  6. #21
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Texas at the moment :)
    Posts
    1,933
    Quote Originally Posted by JusticeForAll View Post
    What about Eugene Martin and Marc James Warren-Allen also missing from Des Moines? Doesn't seem more likely a serial pedophile was involved in all the cases?
    Yes, in all likelihood Johnny is deceased at the hands of a serial killer. There's enough evidence to support that. Sadly, I feel really bad for Noreen as it has shown over the years how she has suffered tremendously and I think there's a few people out there that just like to mess with her head.

    There has never been any clear / concise evidence that Johnny is alive, I will be my house on it that he won't ever be located alive. IT's really terrible that this case seems to linger on like it does and the poor child cannot rest in peace so to speak.

    This is what can happen when murdered children are never located. At times the parents can really go off the deep end drawing themselves into the strangest of conspiracies or whatever in order to hold onto their sanity and maintain any semblance of belief that their child is still alive.
    Only my opinion, no one else need agree.

  7. #22
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    494
    With all due respect, what facts/links have led you to believe Johnny died at the hands of a serial killer? Because I have read this entire thread, and am unaware of any evidence that has been presented so far that supports this idea.

    Quote Originally Posted by PattyCake View Post
    Yes, in all likelihood Johnny is deceased at the hands of a serial killer. There's enough evidence to support that. Sadly, I feel really bad for Noreen as it has shown over the years how she has suffered tremendously and I think there's a few people out there that just like to mess with her head.

    There has never been any clear / concise evidence that Johnny is alive, I will be my house on it that he won't ever be located alive. IT's really terrible that this case seems to linger on like it does and the poor child cannot rest in peace so to speak.

    This is what can happen when murdered children are never located. At times the parents can really go off the deep end drawing themselves into the strangest of conspiracies or whatever in order to hold onto their sanity and maintain any semblance of belief that their child is still alive.

  8. #23
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    The South, USA
    Posts
    2,405
    According to people claiming to be involved in the pedo ring, Johnny was kept alive because he was so much in the media limelight. He was the "Golden Boy" or "Media Boy." Then he ran away and escaped. Neither Eugene Martin nor Marc James-Allen had the same publicity as Johnny, so IF Johnny is alive and IF the others were abducted into the same organization and are dead, then one could justify it in this way.

    The only reasons I can think of that would keep a grown man from resurfacing and reconnecting with family are 1) the family had something to do with the abduction (John Leonard Gosch?), or 2) the now grown man has had done some pretty bad things that are against the law, and stepping forward might cause him to have to answer to those bad things. What else could keep a 40-something man from stepping forward and saying, "Hey. I'm John Gosch, and this is what happened to me when I was 12."

  9. #24
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    36
    Everything that I have read indicates that he is still alive- at least 3 eyewitnesses in the last few years.

    I do think that at the very least he may have been forced to abduct others, in fact Jimmy claims that Johnny was in the van that abducted him after Johnny asked him if he wanted to hang out. Of course John would have been underage and under duress at the time.

    At what age and circumstances should John Gosch be held accountable if he did commit a crime? There were those in the media who attacked S.H. after his years of captivity by saying that he probably stayed with his abductor because he could play video games and not go to school.

    I wonder how long it would take some to demonize a nearly 40 "Johnny" if he were to come out of hiding now.

  10. #25
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Texas at the moment :)
    Posts
    1,933
    Quote Originally Posted by surelock View Post
    Everything that I have read indicates that he is still alive- at least 3 eyewitnesses in the last few years.

    I do think that at the very least he may have been forced to abduct others, in fact Jimmy claims that Johnny was in the van that abducted him after Johnny asked him if he wanted to hang out. Of course John would have been underage and under duress at the time.

    At what age and circumstances should John Gosch be held accountable if he did commit a crime? There were those in the media who attacked S.H. after his years of captivity by saying that he probably stayed with his abductor because he could play video games and not go to school.

    I wonder how long it would take some to demonize a nearly 40 "Johnny" if he were to come out of hiding now.

    While I can respect your post, I just completely disagree. There is NO evidence he is alive INCLUDING the said witnesses. It is sad to see this story spiral into such a conspriacy. Just my opinion.

    LE DOES NOT take any of this info as credible. Every single thing thrown to them with respect to things you've mentioned, LE does not deem as any credible evidence. I'll take LE's word over completely unproven rumors.
    & I certainly would not demonize "John" at all.
    Only my opinion, no one else need agree.


  11. #26
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    The South, USA
    Posts
    2,405
    Quote Originally Posted by PattyCake View Post
    While I can respect your post, I just completely disagree. There is NO evidence he is alive INCLUDING the said witnesses. It is sad to see this story spiral into such a conspriacy. Just my opinion.

    LE DOES NOT take any of this info as credible. Every single thing thrown to them with respect to things you've mentioned, LE does not deem as any credible evidence. I'll take LE's word over completely unproven rumors.
    & I certainly would not demonize "John" at all.
    You might not, but other people would. People "demonize" the victim all the time. Remember Steven Stayner? His own family questioned why he went with Parnell, why he stayed with Parnell, how he could believe Parnell's lies, and how he could let Parnell sexually abuse him. Steven Stayner was seven when abducted and totally brainwashed by Parnell.

  12. #27
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    36
    I really have no idea what to believe regarding this case. There are a lot of conspiracies and precious little facts.

    Maybe the 3 witnesses are weak. If they are wrong then they have conspired to deceive or were themselves mistaken or some combination of the two.

    Without a body or a confession why abandon all hope and write John off? The Basken children have re-emerged after 20 years. They may not have been abducted by strangers but all 4 of them hid successfully all that time and the kids did not contact their parents. If their parents had given up then the news article that outed them would not have been published and the parents may have well gone to their graves in the agony of not knowing.

    Steven Stayner (thanks Mr Ed) is another example of why to hope that Gosch returns as well as a reminder to not revictimize those lost children who do find their way back home.

    It is certainly not my intent to foment conspiracies. This case is frustrating as a parent and I only hope for a resolution for his family as well as the handful of us who also worry and wonder.

  13. #28
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    1,955
    Quote Originally Posted by PattyCake View Post
    Yes, in all likelihood Johnny is deceased at the hands of a serial killer. There's enough evidence to support that. Sadly, I feel really bad for Noreen as it has shown over the years how she has suffered tremendously and I think there's a few people out there that just like to mess with her head.

    There has never been any clear / concise evidence that Johnny is alive, I will be my house on it that he won't ever be located alive. IT's really terrible that this case seems to linger on like it does and the poor child cannot rest in peace so to speak.

    This is what can happen when murdered children are never located. At times the parents can really go off the deep end drawing themselves into the strangest of conspiracies or whatever in order to hold onto their sanity and maintain any semblance of belief that their child is still alive.
    Thank God a voice of reason...
    Of course he was abducted and killed just like scores of others unfortunately.
    I think the cult of conspiracy that has sprung up around this particular case is worthy of a case study all by itself.

  14. #29
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Northern California
    Posts
    2,437
    I would say that Johnny was killed by a lone predator is the most "likely" scenario (based on simple statistics), but I would disagree that the evidence supports that conclusion. The only "evidence" is the testimony of Bonacci, Gibson, Noreen and a fourth person (actual name unknown with the screen name of bwit) who all claim to have had at least some level of contact with Johnny in the last ten years. Now, it is possible that each of these people may not be telling the truth , but there is no "evidence" to contradict their stories. No one has come forward to confess to killing Johnny, nor has anyone ever testified to witnessing anything other than Johnny being kidnapped and held by a ring of pedophiles. It may be that everyone who claims to have witnessed this is a complete liar, but no witness with a contradictory explaination of Johnnys kidnapping has ever come forward. Why?
    Order the book "Searching For Anna" directly from [URL="http://www.lulu.com/conte

  15. #30
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Northern California
    Posts
    2,437
    Let me use an analogy to better explain my take on this:

    Let's say that the story was not that Johnny was taken by a pedo ring, but was abducted by a UFO (something that most people would also consider a ridiculous premise). If I heard that Johnny was missing, then I might conclude that is it most likely that he was taken and killed by a pedo. But, what if Paul Bonacci claimed that he was taken by a UFO earlier and said that he was on the UFO and saw Johnny taken by the aliens? And that Noreen claims that Johnny appeared at her doorstep and explained that he had been abducted by a UFO? And Jimmy Gibson says that he was abducted by the same UFO and that he knows that Johnny was also? And bwit posts that he also knows Johnny and knows that the UFO story is true?

    Even though I consider the UFO story implausible, I would have to conclude that story is still possible based on the sheer number of witnesses testifying that the story is true. The original idea of a lone predator still makes the most "sense", but with so many witnessing something else, I could not dismiss the UFO possibility outright, no matter how wild it may seem.
    Last edited by Dr. Doogie; 03-03-2009 at 03:17 PM.
    Order the book "Searching For Anna" directly from [URL="http://www.lulu.com/conte

Page 2 of 38 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast


Similar Threads

  1. IA John David Gosch (12) - West Des Moines IA, 1982
    By sweetpea657 in forum Missing Children in America - A Profile
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 04-06-2010, 03:57 PM
  2. Replies: 559
    Last Post: 01-16-2009, 10:01 PM
  3. Replies: 666
    Last Post: 03-27-2008, 05:08 PM
  4. Replies: 291
    Last Post: 12-09-2007, 01:37 PM
  5. Replies: 705
    Last Post: 09-27-2006, 12:22 PM

Tags for this Thread