Please Help Marc Klaas Get His Message to President. We need to save the Amber Alert

Tricia

Manager Websleuths.com
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Marc Klaas is a wonderful friend of Websleuths.com Marc came to me to ask for our help.

We need to make changes in this country to help protect our children even more. And our kids couldn't have a better advocate than Marc Klaas.

The Amber Alert is in danger of being pulled in some areas due to funding issues. We need to address human trafficking in our own country and we need a constitutional amendment that addresses victims rights. Please read Marc personal message and then please help if you can. It only takes a few mouse clicks. It costs you nothing but a moment of your time.

Come on my Websleuths.com friends. We need to pull together. Here are all the details:
`````````````````````````````````````````````````````````
The Citizen’s Briefing Book (http://citizensbriefingbook.change.gov/home) encourages people to, “Share your ideas on any issue facing the new administration, then rate or comment on other ideas. The best rated ideas will rise to the top -- and be gathered into a Citizen's Briefing Book to be delivered to President Obama after he is sworn in.”

So that our voice can be heard starting on day one, I would encourage you to log on, create an account if they don’t already have one and vote for my ideas. They include:

•A plan to save the Amber Alert by issuing special interest Amber Alert license plates
•A Victims’ Rights Amendment to the United States Constitution
•Re-direct funding for human trafficking victims to citizen (teen-age) victims who currently do not qualify for assistance because they are not immigrants.

A more detailed synopsis including category, issue, the time posted and text follows.

Issue: Save the Amber Alert

Search Keyword: Amber Alert

Text: I am concerned that certain Amber Alert programs are in jeopardy of being eliminated. For example, there are indications that the cost of running Florida’s Amber Alert are so onerous that the FDLE will cut the Amber Alert along with a host of other public safety programs to save money.

Obviously, this is a reflection of both America’s tanking economy, the cash strapped position that the States find themselves in as well as realigned priorities. Therefore, I suggest the creation of a special interest license plate for the Amber Alert. The vast majority of states already produce special issue license plates that cover: cause-related issues, conservation, military, various organizations and educational institutions. A portion of the fees collected from the purchase of special interest license plates supports the cause the plate was designed to highlight.

There are many reasons why enough citizens, including me, would purchase Amber Alert special interest license plates:

•To make the program self sustainable;
•To allow for the improvement of the current Amber Alert Program;
•To and re-direct funds that currently fund Amber Alert Programs toward other critical public safety programs;
•Finally, to remind America that the Amber Alert is a vital, important and successful program that saves children’s lives.

Thank you,
Marc Klaas (PollyDad)

Issue: Victims’ Rights Amendment
Search Keyword: Victims’ Rights

Text: Not my idea, but very worthy of consideration. Four amendments to the U.S. Constitution specifically address defendants’ rights, yet crime victims are never mentioned.
We need a constitutional amendment that gives victims the same dignity, respect, and rights afforded the other players in the criminal justice system. A constitutional amendment for victims’ rights includes three basic rights:

•The right to be informed;
•The right to be present;
•The right to be heard throughout the criminal justice process.

We should never lightly amend the United States Constitution. However, victims of crime will never be fairly treated by a system that does not afford them equal fundamental rights, and that can only be achieved through constitutional amendment. For instance, did you know that in 2007, U.S. residents age 12 or older experienced approximately 23 million crimes, according to findings from the National Crime Victimization Survey:

•17.5 million (76%) property crimes
•5.2 million (23%) violent crimes
•194,100 (1%) personal thefts

Thank You,
Marc Klaas (PollyDad)

Issue: Citizen Sex Trafficking: Somebody’s Daughter

Search Keyword:Human Trafficking

Text: The Trafficking Victims Protection Act (TVPA) has been a U.S. legislative priority since 2000.

•It is based upon the presumption that large numbers of individuals are trafficked into the USA annually as labor and sex slaves.

•However, since 2000 estimates have been reduced from 50,000 to 14,500–17,500 individuals being trafficked into the USA every year.

•$528 million has been spent internationally to achieve the primary goals of protecting victims, prosecuting traffickers and preventing future incidents of human trafficking.

•By the end of 2007 only 1,362 victims of human trafficking had been certified, qualifying them to receive services and benefits.

•By the end of FY 2006, 123 human trafficking cases had been filed against 360 defendants, and 238 convictions had been achieved.

•That is a pitiful return on investment.

•The TVPA defines human sex trafficking as occurring when a commercial sex act is induced by force, fraud, or coercion, or in which the person induced to perform such act has not attained 18 years of age.

•According to the National Runaway Switchboard between 1.6 and 2.8 million children run away annually in the United States and half of all runaways are girls.

•The average age at which girls first become victims of prostitution is 12-14; and that for boys, the entry age is slightly younger at ages 11-13.

•The National Center for Missing and Exploited Children estimates that there are as many as 300,000 child prostitutes in the United States right now.

•These children do not qualify for TVPA services because the certification is linked to immigrant status.

•Our trafficking priorities are wrong. We need to take care of our own citizens.

Thank you,
Marc Klaas (PollyDad)

This is why what I am doing is privatizing a system that can replace the Amber Alert system should the government do away with it. By privatizing, the government has no hold on it. We're just now starting our phase 2 of the company. With any luck, Feb 1, we'll be starting!! (7 years in the making)

As for the laws, yes, MANY laws need changed and added to protect our young. However the problem is that no matter the circumstances, you can't please everyone. "We the people" need to start making a stand before we loose this country. It does not take a rocket scientist to see we're already starting to loose it.

An additional way to spread this is for everyone to also send these letters to their senator and representative. Each senator and representative's website has a "send me an email" feature where you can write directly to him or her.

Because Victim's Rights is such an important issue, but also one that appeals to people across the political spectrum, I think this is a great time to really band together and demand Congressional action. Practically, not only is it a good thing to do, but it looks good for individual congressmen and women- at a time when they will be passing less popular economic bills. I'll start making a list with links to each senator's "email me" forms, so if anyone is interested, they can send these letters in one click. I'm not sure if this is the right place to post this, but I think Mark is so amazing and I'd love to do anything I could to help.

This is a great time to request a good look and some actions by our Congress and our new upcoming Administration.
I will help put with this in any way I can. I can't begin to imagine why the politicians would not take this very serious, and why our government would think about cutting these laws! People need to stand up, and stand up now. The more people that band together in this, the more we'll be heard. Our country shopuld protect our children and our young and our innocents. Forget about the criminals having all of the rights. Victims deserve their rights, not the criminals.
I will help out in this in any way I can.

Thanks everyone for your wonderful responses.

Here is what Marc reallly needs us to do,

The Citizen’s Briefing Book (http://citizensbriefingbook.change.gov/home) encourages people to, “Share your ideas on any issue facing the new administration, then rate or comment on other ideas. The best rated ideas will rise to the top -- and be gathered into a Citizen's Briefing Book to be delivered to President Obama after he is sworn in.”

So that our voice can be heard starting on day one, I would encourage you to log on, create an account if they don’t already have one and vote for my ideas.

Just checked this on snopes. They had nothing about it so I sent it them a request to check it out. If they get enough requests about it, they might post it on their site too!

The sick and disgusting part of this is people who are out there taking advantage of our children. 300,000 is outrageous, in the numbers of working adults it would take to 'keep these children in business'. In addition to the help these children need, WE need to demand tougher sentences for convictions. WE need to make sure the people in business of providing children's services are stopped!

If paying adults were not looking for these services, the businesses would dry up and blow away. I am so beyond sickened to know just how many people are out there wanting the services of children, ugh...there are no words.

Thank You Trica & Mark Klass for bringing this to my attention. Made my account & posted a comment on the board.

It's a disgrace the gov. could even think of stopping this program they should be ashamed of themselves.

Glad to help Mark Klass in anyway possible. :blowkiss:
Mark Klass is a hero!
God Bless Him!
He is the voice of so many children in the world. It's sad that we even have this need but we do NEED IT!

My vote is in as well. Thank you, Mr. Klaas!

Did they take down the registration?

I've looked all over that site and can't find a single place to sign up to leave a comment.

I voted though. :clap:

I can't find the registration either. I clicked on the "vote up" but I didn't see any changes after doing so.

I don't see anywhere to create a profile and join the site. all I could do was vote for it. I'd like to leave a comment, so if anyone knows how to log on, some help would be appreciated.

I don't see anywhere to create a profile and join the site. all I could do was vote for it. I'd like to leave a comment, so if anyone knows how to log on, some help would be appreciated.

I really couldn't tell you because really all I could do is sign up for updates to my email address!

This is great, tho. Thanks, Tricia!

I can't find the registration either. I clicked on the "vote up" but I didn't see any changes after doing so.

Me too...I was starting to think that it is me not knowing how to find it....:crazy:
I went to White House and found my way around that site and now it is done!
Great Idea.

Is there a link or is this gone by the wayside? Why is this thread still here? The link is ng.

Mark, I still remember you sitting in that courtroom having to look at that thing everyday of the trial. I am as active as time will let me in the missing children, teens and adult fight to stop this, but it seems that the harder we try the more children, teen and adults become missing. My vote and my heart are with you.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ignoreme123
Back