Mexico CA - Mexico - Elderly Couple Reported Missing From Carnival Cruise Ship, Jan 2009

SuziQ

Former Member
Reaction score
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,480304,00.html

(snip)
FBI spokeswoman Laura Eimiller says the ship left Long Beach on Monday for a cruise to Santa Catalina Island and Ensenada, Mexico. When the ship returned Friday to Long Beach, the 90-year-old man and his 79-year-old wife could not be found.
Eimiller said the FBI was called by Carnival Cruise line officials.

Oh my! Not again! That is, what?, four people in the past month? So sad.

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/lanow/2009/01/elderly-couple.html

Carnival says the couple’s cabin door was double locked from the inside with a "do not disturb" sign on the handle. The couple’s personal belongings remained inside the cabin and the door leading from the cabin to the balcony was unlocked. (more at link)
One has to wonder if carnival would just say that to protect its name, what if someone did break in and steal something possibly throw them offboard, would carnival let on that that happened? Im not sure and why would an elderly couple want to commit suicide together in especially that way, alot of questions to be answered that probably only family and friend s could answer.
sad story. May they rest in peace!

I do not trust Carnival Cruise Line to give me the correct time of day. They have proven to me to be nothing more than a money hungry bunch of wolves that could care less about safety, customer service, or any other subject other than ways to get money from passengers and give them as little as they can.

I took a cruise in December and watched as they filled the terminal to way above safe levels with tired, confused, and angry passengers and left them there for 14 hours or longer in some cases and kept them in the dark about a delay so as to prevent passengers from knowing that they could have gotten a refund.

The terminal capacity alone should have gotten them in trouble with the appropriate authorities. Just be advised your kinda on your own if you choose to travel with them.

The FBI is still investigating this. It won't be long and they will have a report available.

About the door locks. On some of the ships it is possible to move from one room to another through ajoining doors and for the brave and foolish, from balcony to balcony.
Why aren't they releasing their names and photos so in case they didn't fall over board and were on land somewhere they could be spotted?? No details about furniture on the balcony either. If chairs were pushed to the railing or anything that would point to how they may have gone over.

:waitasec:They're probably investigating if they ever got back on the ship. I know the door was "double locked", but they could have been lured by someone who had the know-how to do this. Maybe they figured out a way and they are fugitives... that's why the names are not yet being released. VERY interesting.

Check this out, I just googled for Carnival Cruise deaths and this website came up:

http://www.cruisebruise.com/overboard_deaths_by_cruise_line.html

Amazing. That's just the overboard deaths. What about the crimes? Dang.

I love that site. I've been reading it for years. After the horror stories you read on there, who would take an international cruise? You really are on your own and at the mercy of whatever country the cruise is in.

(snipped)
I do not trust Carnival Cruise Line to give me the correct time of day. They have proven to me to be nothing more than a money hungry bunch of wolves that could care less about safety, customer service, or any other subject other than ways to get money from passengers and give them as little as they can.

ITA with you. At first I was thinking how sad a double suicide. Maybe it is. But I don't trust the information that comes from cruise lines either.

One has to wonder if carnival would just say that to protect its name

That is my suspicion. My theory is that none of this is true. It would be easy for Carnival to have handymen do all of this before the FBI arrived.

My belief is that the couple disembarked in Ensanada and got lost. Being elderly, they probably fell victim to foul play and Carnival wants to have nothing to do with it perhaps to cover up shoddy record keeping.

Or, if they have Alzheimers they may still be lost. I would hope they would not have gone on a cruise in the first place if that were the case though, but it would provide motive for Carnival to do a cover up.

LONG BEACH, Calif. -- The U.S. Coast Guard suspended the search Saturday for an elderly couple believed to have fallen off a Carnival Cruise ship between Long Beach and northern Mexico.
Officials suspended the aerial search about 8:30 a.m. for the 90-year-old man and his 79-year-old wife after determining their chances of surviving in the frigid water were slim, said Chief Warrant Officer Scott Epperson, a Coast Guard spokesman. Officials also consulted with the couple's relatives, who agreed to suspending the search, he said.
"Factoring in their age and weights, their survivability in 59 degrees water was about 4 to 6 hours," he said. "The last time they were seen was 84 hours ago."
Crews searched throughout the night, tracing the route of the Carnival Paradise ship, which started in Long Beach and stopped in Santa Catalina Island and Ensenada. The couple were aboard the ship when it left Monday, but they could not be found when it returned Friday morning.
They are presumed overboard.

So that's just that? WTH? What if they did get lost when they stopped. This is sad and the family just agrees to it. Wow,presumed overboard? What if their not? This is so sad and kinda irritating that they would just let it go and give up so easily.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CSIFLGIRL46
Back