1030 users online (200 members and 830 guests)  

Websleuths News

AdoraBlue is offline I've been known to be a little too "woo-woo."

TX - Katie Fry, 16 mos, found in shallow grave, Cookeville, 12 Jan 2009

http://www.ksla.com/Global/story.asp?S=9672935

SNIP
    Titus County officials tell us that forty-one year old Shane Michael Charlton is charged with injury to a child with intent to cause serious bodily injury. Monday night investigators discoverd a toddler's body behind the back of Charlton's home south of Cookeville near Mount Plesant.
    Titus County investigators found the body of sixteen month old Katie Frye covered in a shallow grave.

"It was just almost instant. The dogs picked up on the scent and lead us to where the child was buried," said Titus County Sheriff, Tim Ingram.
    Charlton and Katie's mother, Barbra Tucker, also known as Barbie were common law husband and wife.

http://www.kltv.com/global/story.asp?s=9668384

From the article:

"In 2006, Charlton lost his son Dakota Charlton to an accidental drowning and ever since then he says shane went down hill."

This man is associated with two deceased children. One his son and the other his step-daughter, did I read that right?
    "Three things in human life are important: The first is to be kind; the second is to be kind; and the third is to be kind." ~ Henry James

http://www.dailytribune.net/articles...15/news/01.txt

"Charlton charged with murder in toddler's death; bond raised to $5M"

From the article:

"Charlton had originally been charged on Monday with a second degree felony charge of injury to a child, and that charge was upgraded to a first degree felony charge of injury to a child on Tuesday."
    "Three things in human life are important: The first is to be kind; the second is to be kind; and the third is to be kind." ~ Henry James

I really hope they look into the 'accidental drowning' of little Dakota. I wonder if there was any investigation done at that time....

After googling around about this guy, it appears he may have been involved with drugs. (can't link 'cuz it's just a blog) It appears he also tried to kill himself in front of officers, once they told him they were filing new charges. Stuck a small knife in the side of his neck right in front of police.

It's a shame no one saw what this guy was capable of before it was too late.

RIP little sweety,
    fran

AdoraBlue is offline I've been known to be a little too "woo-woo."
    What is wrong with these people that just throw children away?

I can't wrap my mind around it.

I posted this early this AM but I just read the details and OMG is all I can say for now. Those poor babies.

I will look around for some more media links.

RIP little Katie. I am so sick of reading about child after child being killed like this.
    Happy New Years

From June 2010:

http://www.dailytribune.net/news/coo...9984cd49c.html

Michael Shane Charlton, 43, of Cookville, pleaded guilty Wednesday in Titus County District Court to the charge of murder in connection with the Jan. 12, 2009, death of 16-month old Katie Marie Fry.

Titus County District Attorney Charles C. Bailey said in a statement that Charlton was sentenced to 50 years and is not eligible for parole until at least half his sentence is served.