Myth Busters & Facts **NO DISCUSSION HERE PLEASE**

JBean

Retired WS Administrator
Reaction score
I see things thrown around as fact when they are not. There were errors in reporting early on and have since been corrected, but we haven't all seen the corrected information and this leads to myths. This is not a FACTS thread, but a thread to respnd to information that is blatantly false but the information is not getting across.

let's use this as a LIST ONLY NO DISCUSSION THREAD that we can use to squash rumors and untrue statements that float around.

IF YOU NEED DISCUSSION HERE IS A COMPANION THREAD TO CHALLENGE OR OTHER DISCUSSION

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?p=3335070#post3335070

If you list a misconception as true/false, you MUST provide a link. For example, I know that KC graduated high school but there is a common misconception that she didn't. But I am too lazy to find the link ,so I cannot list it. :) I know someone will. Quoting someone's post is not a good link, unless that post has all the information in it.

This could prove to be a very valuable thread if we do not have any chit chat and all misconceptions are backed by links.
If you challenge a link, please report the post and we can all do a fact check . Do not challenge it on the thread.

Someone started a thread about a myspace misconception and posted proof. I cannot recall what it was, so maybe someone that does can will bring that post over or the author can repost it.

But here is one I can link.
------------------------------------------------------------------------

Myth:
KC did not have a Driver License.

yes she did.

Click here and go to item 2536 to see her actual license
OR
You can perform this search yourself by going to the DMV link and entering her DL number which is revealed in the first doc dump.
http://tinyurl.com/9lyk5g

Driver License Check

As of Jan 17, 2009, at 02:02 PM, driver license number A535XXXXX is VALID. This license is a Class E. Restrictions are (NONE ON RECORD). Endorsements are (NONE ON RECORD). Motorcycle endorsements are (NONE ON RECORD).
Expiration Date is Mar 19, 2009. You may purchase a driver history via mail or electronically.

I see things thrown around as fact when they are not. There were errors in reporting early on and have since been corrected, but we haven't all seen the corrected information and this leads to myths. This is not a FACTS thread, but a thread to respnd to information that is blatantly false but the information is not getting across.

let's use this as a LIST ONLY NO DISCUSSION THREAD that we can use to squash rumors and untrue statements that float around.

If you list a misconception as true/false, you MUST provide a link. For example, I know that KC graduated high school but there is a common misconception that she didn't. But I am too lazy to find the link ,so I cannot list it. :) I know someone will. Quoting someone's post is not a good link, unless that post has all the information in it.

This could prove to be a very valuable thread if we do not have any chit chat and all misconceptions are backed by links.
If you challenge a link, please report the post and we can all do a fact check . Do not challenge it on the thread.

Someone started a thread about a myspace misconception and posted proof. I cannot recall what it was, so maybe someone that does can will bring that post over or the author can repost it.

But here is one I can link.
------------------------------------------------------------------------

Myth:
KC did not have a Driver License.

yes she did.
You can perform this search yourself by going to the DMV link and entering her DL number which is revealed in the first doc dump.
http://tinyurl.com/9lyk5g

Driver License Check

As of Jan 17, 2009, at 02:02 PM, driver license number A535XXXXX is VALID. This license is a Class E. Restrictions are (NONE ON RECORD). Endorsements are (NONE ON RECORD). Motorcycle endorsements are (NONE ON RECORD).
Expiration Date is Mar 19, 2009. You may purchase a driver history via mail or electronically.

She received a degree, yes, but I understand that was after the fact wasn't it? i thought she did not graduate with her class. George himself said she was a credit shy. It was in the fbi interview I believe. Jesse Grund said it too I thought.

http://today.msnbc.msn.com/id/26988149/

CINDY also said it here:

http://www.wesh.com/newsarchive/16947154/detail.html

This is a no discussion thread.
If you have a myth you CAN debunk, please post the myth and link the information that confirms its debunkedness.:)

If you have a post deleted from here there is probably a message for you on your profile page :)

If you do not post a link with your myth bust..your post will be deleted.

How about Dr. Baden stating as fact that Caylee's remains were all
inside the bag she was found in. He said this twice, on 2 separate occasions.
LE said her remains were spread out over almost an acre.

http://cbs2.com/national/caylee.anthony.remains.2.890609.html
"It took authorities several days to analyze the remains since they were found last Thursday, and some are still undergoing tests. Some of the bones were as small as pebbles and had been scattered. Excavators searching on their hands and knees had a hard time finding the fragments."

Cindy was asked by Greta how is she doing, is she ok. Cindy shook her head no this is stated at 4.20 on the tape.Of course she is not ok her Granddaughter is dead and it sure looks like her daughter did it.People are saying it was because they are in trouble with the police.

Myth buster-No where is it said Cindy was upset the police were at her home.

http://www.foxnews.com/video2/video...=&sRevUrl=http://www.foxnews.com/ontherecord/

I'd like to bust the myth that the Anthony family is postponing Caylee's funeral because they feel they will be charged after the funeral. While at the same time busting the myth that JB has full custody/funeral rights to Caylee.

Greta interview with JB:

Baez: Well, what we're mostly concerned with, and my number one priority right now, is to try and get all of the forensic reports back while we have Caylee with us. I currently have that grand responsibility. And we want the toxicology results. We want all of the medical examiner's information, so that way, our independent experts can do their tests. And that way, we can then turn over Caylee's remains to her family for a proper burial.

http://www.foxnews.com:80/story/0,2933,480477,00.html

Although there has been a widespread claim that pizza was left to rot in a box in Casey's car in the Florida heat, causing the smell similar to a dead body (and maggots to gather to dine on the rotting pizza), the official report from Oak Ridge National Laboratory states that there was no pizza found in the car.
They did, however, do a test on pizza (mushroom and pepperoni) to make sure that none of the gases which rotting pizza gave off would possibly overlap any of the decomposition gases they were looking for.

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news...y-anthony-documents-102408,0,5346622.htmlpage

This is a link to the Orlando Sentinel which has the entire report in .pdf format. This information is on page 21. Also notes that the test pizza did not attract maggots.

I thought it might be a good idea to nip this little bit of misinformation in the bud before it takes off, so have copied one of my posts into here:

I don't know if this has already been addressed, but I notice that there are suggestions that diapers/pull-ups, a knife and a backpack ('adorable') were found at the disposal site. This is not correct. Part 2 of the County Forensics report mentions on Pg 41 that on Dec 16 some items were taken from evidence Art#1- Item#H-51975 (a sealed box) for examination by FBI. This is the 1st of the batch of items from the trunk of the car, referenced at the beginning of this document as Art#2 - Art#10 of the same batch number (H -51975). There is no mention of any of these articles being found at the scene.

http://www.wftv.com/news/18530178/detail.html#-

ETA:Nowhere in the official documents does it say that a knife was found with the body. The reference to a knife was in relation to a box of evidence from the trunk of the car that was opened on Dec 16 so that the knife and some other items could be examined by the FBI.

MYTH:George's e-pass record show he was on the road when he said he last saw Caylee 6-16
This myth is apparently still floating around so let's put it to bed. There are records of his epass on JULY 16 not JUNE 16 so the e-pass records do not contradict his story of being at home on the 16th of June.
E-Pass Records

Below is the accurate description of the hole/soil disturbed in the Anthony backyard:

attachment.php

Maybe if it is said enough times, the myth of the multiple knives will be put to rest:

In the Report of Crime Sceneon in the latest document dump Page 2:

7/15 Detective Beasley handed a black trash to the CSI tech. the black bag contained the following items:

Doll (art. #3, item # H-51975)
Backpack (art. #4, item #H-51975)
childs toothbrush (art #5 item #H-51975)
Black Leather Bag (art# 6 item # H-51975)
Various papers (art #7 item # H-51975)
Dinner Knife (art #8 item # H-51975)
Blue Plastic Crate (art #9 item #H-51975)
Plastic Clothes Hanger (art #10 item #H-51975)

Please note that these items were given the evidence Number H-51975 and listed as #3 - 10.

On Page 42 of the same CSI report the following is noted:

Tuesday, December 16, 2008

At approximately 1511 hours I arrived at the Evidence section and had a meeting with Detectives Melich and Allen regarding the inspection of the following piece of evidence:

Art #1 Item H-51975 (Sealed Box)

From the evidence mentioned above I collected the following items: (He is talking about the Sealed Box with the number H-51975)

Black plastic bag with yellow pull handles
Pull-ups "with flowers design" collected from back pack "Adorable"
Stainless Steel Knife.

Two different occasions - same black plastic bag. I think the problem occurred because the CSI tech put the black plastic bag in a sealed box. He then referred to the sealed box as Art. #1. the second time the CSI tech was more 'descriptive' about the items than when he initially logged them in.

If anyone can find any other evidence that was given the SAME EVIDENCE NUMBER and was collected on two different occasions, and two different locations, please let me know. I have never heard of any LE agency giving the same Evidence Number to evidence collected on two different occasions from two different crime scenes.

I am hoping that by revisiting this particular myth, it will be even more evidence that there was only one knife discussed in this Report of Crime Scene Investigation

Although there has been a widespread claim that pizza was left to rot in a box in Casey's car in the Florida heat, causing the smell similar to a dead body (and maggots to gather to dine on the rotting pizza), the official report from Oak Ridge National Laboratory states that there was no pizza found in the car.
They did, however, do a test on pizza (mushroom and pepperoni) to make sure that none of the gases which rotting pizza gave off would possibly overlap any of the decomposition gases they were looking for.

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news...y-anthony-documents-102408,0,5346622.htmlpage

This is a link to the Orlando Sentinel which has the entire report in .pdf format. This information is on page 21. Also notes that the test pizza did not attract maggots.

Adding to this.....

I'm here to bust the myth that there were never any maggots inside the trashbag from KC's car trunk.

Page 3176 of the documents state that when the bag was inspected by G. Bloise (July 16th) there were maggots, or what appear to be maggots, inside on the dinner tray.

maggotsp3176.png

To clear up confusion about whether or not Cindy confronted Casey about Caylee's location on July 15...

According to Amy, on the way to Tony's apartment Cindy's main concern was Caylee and she tried to get information out of Amy about where Caylee was. Then Cindy dragged Casey out of Tony's apartment Cindy and demanded to see Caylee. Before forcing Casey into the car with Amy, Cindy definitely challenged Casey about where Caylee was:

EE: Any challenges about the child though? Was grandma challenging her about the location of the child?

AH: She just, she just kept saying, "You are taking me to Caylee, now." And Casey was like, "She's fine. She's with the nanny." And Mrs. Anthony was like, "Then if she is, then we are just going to go see her." She's like, "I want to be selfish. I want to see my granddaughter." She's like, "You're taking her to see her now."
http://media.myfoxorlando.com/photo...ryset3/1/lg/Anthony_pgs_2401-2450_Page_11.htm

MYTH: Admin and Moderators read every single post in the forum.

This is impossible. We need your help in alerting posts that are in violation. if we agree we will delete or edit. if we do not agree it will remain untouched. but no harm no foul in reporting.

Fact:Mods and Admin do not read every thread or every post.

Reminder that this is a no discussion thread. If you challenge a myth bust then leave me a message as to why on my profile page.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
branditau.wareham72@gmail
Back