What if Casey had given birth to a BOY, instead?

Janis396

It's getting dark, too dark to see....
Reaction score
I posted this question on another thread, but I think it's a really interesting question and I thought I'd start a new thread to see what everyone else thinks.

I'm curious to know if things would have turned out differently if Casey had given birth to a boy instead of a girl.

Would she still feel as if the baby had "taken her place"?

Would she have been as jealous and threatened by a little boy as she was of Caylee?

Would Cindy have doted on a little boy just as much?

Would things have turned out just the same, regardless?

I'd love to know what others opinions are on this.

It would have been an entirely different family dynamic..so who knows.
they say Boys are for mommies..so maybe it would have been better.

Carrying the family name - this boy would have been a prince.

Would he have looked as much like Cindy as Caylee did? Possibly.

I think if Casey had given birth to a son, she would still have been the princess and she wouldn't have been threatened. The story would have a different ending.

I don't think Caylee is dead because she wasn't a boy.

I do think the fact Caylee was no longer an infant but a toddler with a growing sense of awareness and VOCABULARY could/would have been a major issue.

"Papa, you tired Papa ..." - CMA

DT

even if to a lesser degree, which i don't really believe, casey's resentment would have been as strong:
Would she still feel as if the baby had "taken her place"?
casey sees herself as the baby so any other baby whether male or female is usurping her.

Would she have been as jealous and threatened by a little boy as she was of Caylee?
boy or girl, a child would have, in casey's eyes, stolen both affection and attention casey believes rightfully belongs to her and she would have felt jealous and threatened by this child.

Would Cindy have doted on a little boy just as much?
if it's a girl then maybe cindy would see her as a second chance and have been delighted, let's face it, at best casey is a failure in cindy's eyes regardless of the lies she tells on camera.
if a boy ... well it's been reported that lee can do no wrong in her eyes so she may have looked forward to more of the same and been devoted to her 'lill man'.

the only difference i can honestly see is that we'd all be right here .. but debating how sick it is that this family are refering to the missing/dead child as 'that little boy' instead of 'that little girl' and never using his name.

I don't think Caylee is dead because she wasn't a boy.

I do think the fact Caylee was no longer an infant but a toddler with a growing sense of awareness and VOCABULARY could/would have been a major issue.

Boyfriend Lazarro made it clear he only wanted male children. I'm sure that included step-children (if there were to be any).

Boyfriend Lazarro made it clear he only wanted male children. I'm sure that included step-children (if there were to be any).

So does that mean to you that you think Casey wouldn't have harmed her child if it had been a boy, instead? That the sole reason Casey killed Caylee was because TonE preferred male children?

Would he have looked as much like Cindy as Caylee did? Possibly.

I know it, poor little thing. Although, she was FAR more attractive than CA. That woman's grill could knock a crow off a fence from 100 paces.

So does that mean to you that you think Casey wouldn't have harmed her child if it had been a boy, instead? That the sole reason Casey killed Caylee was because TonE preferred male children?

Who really knows. BUT - if you are in a relationship that you want to be serious and the guy says he does not want female children - that has to be a downer. Apparently - according to posts here - Casey was moving out of the Anthony's with Caylee to go to this guys apartment and was told to not bring Caylee.

the only difference is they would instead be saying "that little boy". :twocents:

I dont think it would have made any difference if she had a son. Casey is emotionally disturbed and should have never been a mother in the first place. Cindy still would have been the one taking care of the child and had the stronger bond, and Casey would have still been an angry, emotionally disturded sociopath.

All the talk that Tony L "made it clear" he didnt want girls.....is not fair to that young man. When I was pregnant, my husband wanted boys,,,,I have two girls.....and he tells them all the time they are "his girls"......and wouldnt change it for a second. Tony stated he wanted boys because he was raised with all girls......thats it.

:wave: Radio

Good point and yes, that is what TL is alleged to have said and probably did say but at the end of the day I don't believe Caylee's gender was the motivating factor. In fact, I don't think there is a single motivating factor but rather a combination that in concert with the way a malignant narcissist thinks and behaves cost this child her life.

MOO

DT

Who really knows. BUT - if you are in a relationship that you want to be serious and the guy says he does not want female children - that has to be a downer. Apparently - according to posts here - Casey was moving out of the Anthony's with Caylee to go to this guys apartment and was told to not bring Caylee.

But I think TonE also made it pretty clear to Casey that once school was finished there, he was moving back to New York. And he didn't invite her to accompany him. For him, I think she was no more than a summer fling. And for her, I think he was just the current notch on her headboard. PLus, he said he really enjoyed Caylee, and thought she was "adorable".

I think the reason Casey killed Caylee lies more with the relationship dynamic she had with Cindy. IMO.

Maybe a boy grandchild would have been taken over more so than even Caylee. Like JBean posted it would have been a completely different family dynamic. Plus the boyfriend would have 'maybe' wanted this boy. Who knows. Seriosly.

But I think TonE also made it pretty clear to Casey that once school was finished there, he was moving back to New York. And he didn't invite her to accompany him. For him, I think she was no more than a summer fling. And for her, I think he was just the current notch on her headboard. PLus, he said he really enjoyed Caylee, and thought she was "adorable".

I think the reason Casey killed Caylee lies more with the relationship dynamic she had with Cindy. IMO.

Ok - then the question is moot. A killer kills. Period.

A male toddler would be just as much a burden to the Monster as little Caylee. It wouldn't have made any difference to the murderous monster.

I honestly think him only wanting a male child was taken out of context. He could have all sisters, and made a comment along the lines of I only want boys, girls a lot of trouble.
My husband wanted a son. He was disapointed when the ultrsound showed a girl, but when she was born you would've thought she hung moon and stars. We now have 2 girls and 1 boy. So I don't put much into that comment. Of course KC could've took it serious.

As far as the child being a boy. I think the situation would stil be the same. The only thing that would've made a difference is if the grandparents would've stepped in and took custody. Of course that would've messed up CA show of a perfect family life.

JMO

I think a big part of what led to Casey killing Caylee was her intense jealousy of Caylee being the new (and better) "Princess" in the house to her parents, especially to Cindy.

I just wonder if a male child would have elicited that same homicidal jealousy, since Casey could still have remained the Princess of the house, and she wouldn't have felt as "replaced".

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288
Back