Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Dobler View Post
    http://www.dailyherald.com/story/?id=265385

"The Lincolnshire day care center where a toddler died last week will be open for business Monday, an attorney for the company said."

I don't know how they can be open for business as usual, when such a terrible event happened. My heart aches for this family.
    Why are they not shut down? I've seen daycares shut down for less.

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to SuziQ For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by gitana1 View Post
    And if you read that, her hobbies are clubbing and partying...wonder if she was out the night before and the daycare noise aggravated a headache.

Adding to the poignancy of this story, the mom of the deceased toddler works as a psychologist at a women's shelter, and the family had the beneficience to request donations in lieu of flowers.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to twinkiesmom For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by gitana1 View Post
    Did you guys check out some of her pictures ? BIG ego

6. The Following User Says Thank You to yellowlab For This Useful Post:

This is interesting, not sure how it connects with the case:

http://www.suntimes.com/news/metro/1...yfam20.article

"Benjamin died Jan. 14. Two days later, Amy and Andy Kingan took Benjamin's twin sister, Emily, and 3-year-old brother, Jacob, to a pediatrician for tests to see if they carried any genetic abnormalities that could have led to Benjamin's death."
    "Three things in human life are important: The first is to be kind; the second is to be kind; and the third is to be kind." ~ Henry James

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Kat For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Kat View Post

"Benjamin died Jan. 14. Two days later, Amy and Andy Kingan took Benjamin's twin sister, Emily, and 3-year-old brother, Jacob, to a pediatrician for tests to see if they carried any genetic abnormalities that could have led to Benjamin's death."
    The family was led to believe Benjamin died of natural causes...convinced enough to have planned a funeral for last Saturday which had to be cancelled. They did not realize the severity of the head fracture (and hence abuse) until the autopsy. The injury was not visible externally, and the daycare worker didn't confess right away.

10. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to twinkiesmom For This Useful Post:

I read this little baby took his blanket, pacifier, and cuddled up in a bouncy chair where they found him unresponsive thirty minutes later. If this "caregiver" had been honest about what she had done, could they have called 911 and possibly saved this little boy? I have known about children that suffered head trauma such as this and survived. She didn't tell anyone until she realized this baby was seriously hurt, and, even then, she didn't tell the truth and prevented him the proper intervention. She may not have meant to hurt this baby but even after what she did to him, she prevented him comfort and care. Such a coward.

12. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Openmind For This Useful Post:

jnTexas is offline Can't wait for softball and baseball to start :-)
    Quote Originally Posted by twinkiesmom View Post
    The family was led to believe Benjamin died of natural causes...convinced enough to have planned a funeral for last Saturday which had to be cancelled. They did not realize the severity of the head fracture (and hence abuse) until the autopsy. The injury was not visible externally, and the daycare worker didn't confess right away.
    Oh this is so sad those babies had to go through testing because this lady did not honestly admit to what she did.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to jnTexas For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by twinkiesmom View Post
    TY twinkiesmom for explaining why they did that testing.
    "Three things in human life are important: The first is to be kind; the second is to be kind; and the third is to be kind." ~ Henry James

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Kat For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Kat View Post

That is strange. It sounds like what the defense is going to do with Caylee's bones or so I've heard. They want to know if she had any genetic abnormalities that might have had something to do with her death. Talk about grasping for straws. Did she wrap the tape around her own head and mouth????

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Bobbisangel For This Useful Post:

Daycare Center Finally Closed

http://www.chicagobreakingnews.com/2...re-center.html

"Under the watchful eye of police parents this afternoon hurriedly picked up their children after a state agency closed a Lincolnshire day-care center where a teacher's assistant is accused of fatally slamming a 16-month-old boy to the floor."

It's about time.

20. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Dobler For This Useful Post:

The link says that the daycare has been closed for two reasons. I am wondering if there were other violations and incidents of children being harmed prior to the death of this young boy?

22. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Kat For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Openmind View Post
    I read this little baby took his blanket, pacifier, and cuddled up in a bouncy chair where they found him unresponsive thirty minutes later. If this "caregiver" had been honest about what she had done, could they have called 911 and possibly saved this little boy? I have known about children that suffered head trauma such as this and survived. She didn't tell anyone until she realized this baby was seriously hurt, and, even then, she didn't tell the truth and prevented him the proper intervention. She may not have meant to hurt this baby but even after what she did to him, she prevented him comfort and care. Such a coward.
    I am so sad reading this thread - and your post is so true. To think he crawled away into a bouncy with his blanket and pacifier...
    Oh that poor little one.

24. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Chezhire For This Useful Post:

OMG, so very sad. We are not wealthy by a long shot, but I am blessed to be able to stay at home with our children. I read this story to my DH and he kissed me and told me "thank you" for all that I do. This whole story just breaks my heart. Off to kiss the kids goodnight...again.
    Children make your life important.
    ~Erma Bombeck

26. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to disappear For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Chezhire View Post
    I am so sad reading this thread - and your post is so true. To think he crawled away into a bouncy with his blanket and pacifier...
    Oh that poor little one.
    This story literally made me nauseus. That he wasn't even being held while he was dying.

Why didn't the other worker do anything!!!! Call an ambulance, something....anything!! If he had received medical attention, he could possibly have lived.

My prayers are with his family.
    Say what you mean, mean what you say, but don't say it mean.
    We are all just trying to make sense of an unimaginable crime.

28. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Lovejac For This Useful Post:

This story is so sad and I am grateful that my wife and I waited until we were certain we would never have to rely on daycare before we had kids.

30. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Broderick For This Useful Post:

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast