In Fairness To Cindy

Status
Not open for further replies.

shivs

just trying to put away a child molester
Reaction score
Given this entire case from the beginning Cindy certainley hasn't been looked at in a positive light. We have been mortified and angered at her for her behavior during this entire nightmare.
Yes, she really missed it big time in the parenting of Casey. But after the Aug. 14th video was released, I am beginning to see some things different. I saw a desperate, heartbroken, woman. It was one thing to see the real Casey, but I couldn't keep my eyes off of Cindy. I could, as a mother myself of a disturbed, wayward child, (not a lying murderer) somehow relate. I was hearbroken for her. I pray I never have to go through what she is now, and will, for the rest of her life.

One thing in particular that has been bugging me is the chili incedent. I've read several posts about how Caylee did not like chili, but Cindy fixed it anyway for Caylee's 3rd Birthday and we all thaught that that was odd.
Actually, Cindy fixed the chili for Caylee because she did like it to there suprise. Shirley P statement to the detectives said she fixed chili, but fixed her a peanut butter & jelly sandwich because they didn't think Caylee would like it. But, she did; she just didn't eat alot because she had eaten alot of popcorn at the nursing home. I know that thats not a huge thing, but it seems that Cindys motive for fixing Caylee chili was misinterpreted a little. I believe it was actually a loving gesture to Caylee.

http://www.docstoc.com/docs/1643165/Plesea-Shirley---Statement

I'm just wondering...does anyone else have any thoughts of where we have been perhaps a little to quick to take Cindy (and George) out of context?

:heart:

I think a lot of people have misjudged her, always have, and I've always had much compassion for the terrible situation both of them have been placed in. Despite the media and the forums portraying Cindy as a controlling, conniving, spiteful woman, I think she was reacting the same way a lot of us would have, if we admit it.
I do not think what Casey did can be blamed entirely on Cindy, either. Casey is an adult, and has been for over 4 years. A lot can happen to warp someone in that length of time. And the sad thing is, not only will Casey have to pay her dues for this crime, but her whole family will as well... because Caylee is gone and they can never get her back... and they loved her more than anyone else did, including Casey.

The August 14th video is 5 months old. A lot has changed since then, in my opinion.

I am a G'ma. to 3 lovelies.
What would I do if anything happened to 1 of
them ? I do not know, but I do
I would probably still be in my bed, suffering
from a major depression.

IMO, Cindy has a personality disorder,
and passed it on to Casey.

SHIVS...

I, too, have a "wayward" child and I must say that my heart really does break for Cindy.

Did your bundle of joy come with instructions? Mine sure didn't!

I have four children and my parenting style has remained constant for all of my brood. All children are NOT the same and sadly, I have beat myself up over and over again for making "mistakes" with my "wayward" child. Funny thing is, I have treated all my children the same, brought them up with the same morals and family values. My other three children are mentally stable, well-rounded young people and I am so proud of them!

As for my oldest, I love her with all my heart. Do I understand all of her actions and her mind-set? Absolutely not! That doesn't change my love for her, though.

Although I do believe bad parenting can lead to disasters such as this, even parents with the best intentions can be left scratching their heads at the end of the day! Believe me, my scalp stays raw!

My heart goes out to Cindy. I'm beginning to somewhat understand the stance she is taking in all of this.

For those who have never experienced the torment a "wayward" child can inflict upon you, count your blessings. You have no idea the grief you have been spared.
:blowkiss: :blowkiss:

SHIVS...

I, too, have a "wayward" child and I must say that my heart really does break for Cindy.

Did your bundle of joy come with instructions? Mine sure didn't!

I have four children and my parenting style has remained constant for all of my brood. All children are NOT the same and sadly, I have beat myself up over and over again for making "mistakes" with my "wayward" child. Funny thing is, I have treated all my children the same, brought them up with the same morals and family values. My other three children are mentally stable, well-rounded young people and I am so proud of them!

As for my oldest, I love her with all my heart. Do I understand all of her actions and her mind-set? Absolutely not! That doesn't change my love for her, though.

Although I do believe bad parenting can lead to disasters such as this, even parents with the best intentions can be left scratching their heads at the end of the day! Believe me, my scalp stays raw!

My heart goes out to Cindy. I'm beginning to somewhat understand the stance she is taking in all of this.

For those who have never experienced the torment a "wayward" child can inflict upon you, count your blessings. You have no idea the grief you have been spared.
:blowkiss: :blowkiss:

I have a "wayward" and violent child. She is a danger to herself and others. We, during her childhood availed ourselves of EVERY avenue to help her. We raised her the same as our other children and while I am not perfect I did my best and asked forgiveness for my failings. Unlike Cindy, I have called the police on my daughter when she stole things and embezzled money from her family. I warn others of the danger to their children and the elderly. I would NOT wash her clothes and car should she bring them home with the smell of death on them. I hold Cindy accountable, not for Casey's actions but her own.

I have a "wayward" and violent child. She is a danger to herself and others. We, during her childhood availed ourselves of EVERY avenue to help her. We raised her the same as our other children and while I am not perfect I did my best and asked forgiveness for my failings. Unlike Cindy, I have called the police on my daughter when she stole things and embezzled money from her family. I warn others of the danger to their children and the elderly. I would NOT wash her clothes and car should she bring them home with the smell of death on them. I hold Cindy accountable, not for Casey's actions but her own.

:clap::clap::clap:

Exactly!! Although I do understand Cindy's stance, I certainly do not approve of her handling of the situation. You said it so much better than I could have!

BRAVO!!!

She's just a mom whose public actions and reactions to her daughter's horrific crime have, for some reason, caused us all to be riveted. None of know anything about her except what we have seen on TV.

Not one single family member, friend, co-worker, neighbor, anyone has given any insight whatsoever to Cindy. The only exception to this is the emails we have seen from her brother and that of her mother to her sister...(which left me feeling strangely vouyeristic) and those actually paint the same picture that we have seen on TV.

Its better for her to stay out of the limelight, I think.

I prefer fairness to Caylee. The rest can deal with whatever they bring upon themselves.

If- and that's a big IF Cindy does the right thing now that they know Caylee is no longer of this earth, I think she deserves a pass for her behavior while Caylee was missing.

She entered into the situation with the right intentions. And I cannot honestly state that if I were in her shoes I would have conducted myself much differently. I'd like to say I would- but I know nothing of the pain and fear she was feeling. That level of desperation is (thank god) nothing I have ever encountered. And I hope I never do.

Regardless of how Casey was raised- and I don't know that the parents deserve blame for how she turned out- C&G did love Caylee with all their hearts and tried to give her an idyllic childhood.

But the time for reality is now. No more lying to yourselves, LE, or the rest of the world. No more denying what the evidence shows. There is no need to cast off your daughter, but it's very important that they cooperate with the authorities and tell the whole story.

People can be very forgiving but it must be earned.

Everyone has been more than "fair" to Cindy, while she spouted nonsense up to the day they found her in a garbage bag 1/3 mile from her house. Cindy refused to give Tim Miller a piece of Caylee's clothing for the dogs to sniff, got angry and refused to cooperate because no one was looking for a "live Caylee"....screamed at the press, screamed at anyone...after all how would we know that Casey was the "Mother of the Year" if Cindy didn't tell us.

Be FAIR TO CAYLEE.....please give her a proper burial and stop capitalizing on her and trying to collect$$$. jmo of course.

IMO Cindy has reacted like most mothers would, trying hard to believe that her own child could not or would not harm her grandaughter and not being able to admit it to the public that her gut feeling tells her different. I think the August jailhouse video shows without a doubt that she knows deep down that Casey is lying and not being forthcoming with ANY information to help find Caylee. Cindy tries to probe for answers and Casey shoots her down by getting all upset and defensive and then George on the otherhand tries to win Casey over with his "Hello Beautiful" etc and of course he also gets nowhere with her. I just wish they both realize how all these theatrics look to the general public and are being percieved. Cindy most definately has a personality disorder and Casey has definately inherited those traits!

No, I do not think that I have an unfair opinion of Cindy. It is a very negative opinion and I formed it early on. I have watched her and heard her words loud and clear. I have observed her actions.

I think Cindy has been a mean spirited, selfish, hateful woman her whole life. Bad things happen to bad people too. It does not matter to me what kind of person she. What does matter is the fact that she has lied to the public, she has lied to LE and she tamperd with a crime scene. For that and that alone, I have no sympathy for this woman, PERIOD!

Have any of our posters ever been through the death of a grandchild at the hands of your own child? I would love to hear your take on CA and GA's actions thus far.

Never having been through this personally, I have NO idea how I would react.

TYIA :)

Do any of us know how we would behave if the same situation happened in our families? No, I know you have to walk in someone's shoes to know how they feel...HOWEVER, Cindy has said such outrageous stuff - on first discovery she really says how she feels..after it comes out to the public and she sees how bad her response is-she tries to back pedal to police to try and get out there "reasonable doubt" for KC. I think the most telling for me was her interview with police where she showed him the photo of drums in an apartment and told him that KC had told her it was "the nanny's apartment".
When she went to visit her daughter in jail she asked her about it and made sure that KC wouldn't admit to it by letting KC know that "they knew whose apartment it was". At that point KC then responded that it was "Ricardo's apartment, but Zanny had an apartment similar to his". Why didn't she just wait for her to answer her question? Why did she let KC know BEFORE she even answered that they knew whose apartment it was? And that was just one incident. She still says to this day that the nanny did it. She has been as secretive as her daughter and has done what I believe is interference with the investigation by giving them the incorrect hairbrush and cleaning out the car and washing her daughter's pants. Do I feel compassion for them? Absolutely. However, it is time for her to be honest and upfront about her daughter. Again, that willl never happen either - for some reason only known to the parents of these psychopaths- they want to believe their children; and, in this case I look at it as a slap in the face to that adorabble child. Deep down they do know but to admit it out loud is just something they are not prepared to do. That is why this case is so riveting. IMO :twocents::twocents:

Yes, she really missed it big time in the parenting of Casey.

Well, KC has a FATHER too. I am surprised at how many believe CA is responsible for how her child turned out but GA gets a pass. Every time a kid "goes bad", the press and the public always analyze the mother of the perp, unfairly IMO.

Other than that, I do agree with your post.

Well, KC has a FATHER too. I am surprised at how many believe CA is responsible for how her child turned out but GA gets a pass. Every time a kid "goes bad", the press and the public always analyze the mother of the perp, unfairly IMO.

Other than that, I do agree with your post.

I think the fact that it was so easy to leave the father of Caylee out of her life really says alot about how much they value fathers.

Fairness to Caylee and Cindy
Seasons come and seasons go

MournFlowers.jpg

She's just a mom whose public actions and reactions to her daughter's horrific crime have, for some reason, caused us all to be riveted. None of know anything about her except what we have seen on TV.

Not one single family member, friend, co-worker, neighbor, anyone has given any insight whatsoever to Cindy. The only exception to this is the emails we have seen from her brother and that of her mother to her sister...(which left me feeling strangely vouyeristic) and those actually paint the same picture that we have seen on TV.

Its better for her to stay out of the limelight, I think.

Who would come forward to give insight. If anyone stood up and came forward they would be ripped apart, their whole life would be researched on the net by the so called DO Gooders who really havent done much good.Except to overwhelm Le with alot of nonsense. If LE needed the help I am sure the public would have been asked to help.To me it says even more that neighbors and coworkers and friends have not ever said anything bad about Cindy.IMO they usual come out of the woodwork in high profile cases IMO ,no one has said anything bad so is there anything bad to say?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Suesleuth