Thread: IN - Arthur Joshua, 39, & Latavia Joshua, 35, Jan 2009

IN - Arthur Joshua, 39, & Latavia Joshua, 35, Jan 2009

This Indianna couple went out to celebrate their 11th anniversary and have not been been seen since leaving the club at 1:00am.
    Former high school sweethearts, they have two teens.
    Latavia Joshua is a nurse assistant at The Community Hospital in Munster, Ind., and her husband is a longtime supervisor at Pollution Control Industries in East Chicago.
    http://www.wbbm780.com/Family-Search...Couple/3658978

Oh no! I hope they just decided to get away for a while, although it doesn't look that way. I pray for the best.

Hunt for missing couple expands
    http://www.post-trib.com/news/1383398,ecmissing.article

...They left the club around 1 a.m. Jan. 10, and drove in their 2001 Dodge Durango to the nearby Tech Credit Union.
    After making back-to-back ATM withdrawals -- of $40, then $20 -- the pair disappeared, according to McFerson.
    East Chicago police reviewed video footage Friday that showed the ATM transactions, McFerson said.
    "The detective told me the video shows (Arthur) driving, and that he's the one who makes the transactions," McFerson said. Police said there was not any evidence of trouble on the tape, McFerson said.

How bizarre! $60 is not going to take you very far. And why two transactions for $60? Maybe he went back to the car and Lativia reminded him that she needed some cash for the week also? I don't know.

I hope they turn up soon and that they are okay!

Salem

http://www.abcnews.go.com/US/story?id=6655783&page=1

'They were driving a hunter green 2001 Dodge Durango with an "In God We Trust" specialty Indiana license plate, number IZ542. '

I think it says $60. total: $40 and then $20, not two transactions of $60.
    I could understand this, I've even done that after being reminded that one of my kids had something the next day and would need money.

My best guess is not foul play but some type of accident which hasn't been found yet.

I agree CASuzk, but will still say a prayer. So sad.
    You won't cry for my absence, I know -
    You forgot me long ago. Am I that unimportant...?
    Am I so insignificant...? Isn't something missing?
    Isn't someone missing me?
    Evanescence
    Please take a moment to see Deanna's Age progression here:
    http://www.missingkids.com/missingki...archLang=en_US
    Deanna Merryfield-missing from Killeen,Tx since July 1990
    http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=106164

Since they were out celebrating, my thought is that they got into an accident and the vehicle is hidden by dense woods or in the water. I am leaning to being in a body of water since nothing's been found yet. Are there any lakes or rivers nearby?

Quote Originally Posted by MelInTN View Post
    Since they were out celebrating, my thought is that they got into an accident and the vehicle is hidden by dense woods or in the water. I am leaning to being in a body of water since nothing's been found yet. Are there any lakes or rivers nearby?
    Yeah, Lake Michigan and many small canals. The weather wasn't good either and even a couple of drinks can affect your driving abilities.

It doesn't seem fair though, two hard working, loving, people with kids don't just fall off the map. I hope and pray that they are found soon.

Cubby is offline 50K reward, Bob Harrod-Missing: Call Det. Radomski 714-993-8176
    I wondered if they had decided to go out afterward, but with the Latavia asking a friend for a wake up call at 5:30 am that's unlikely. It's possible someone followed them from the ATM but weren't caught on surveillance or possibly an accident.

They look like a nice couple, I pray they are found safely soon.

The bodies of a missing East Chicago couple have been found inside their vehicle.
    January 19, 2009 (GARY, IND.)
    Police say 39-year-old Arthur Joshua and 35-year-old Latavia Joshua have been missing since January 9. Their partially submerged vehicle was found in a drainage ditch along Chase just north of 35th Avenue in Gary, Ind.
    Autopsies are expected to be performed Tuesday on both bodies.

http://abclocal.go.com/wls/story?sec...cal&id=6613075

Oh no!!! May they rest in Peace and their children and family be comforted.

That news is just so sad, from the comments it would appear that this is a dangerous bit of road for accidents - What senseless deaths
    'Beauty is truth, truth beauty,—that is all
    Ye know on earth, and all ye need to know.'

John Keats

Upside down and in 5 feet of water, the SUV belonging to a missing East Chicago couple was found Monday afternoon with two bodies inside, police said.

The green Dodge Durango was pulled out of a ditch alongside the 3400 block of Chase Street about 6:15 p.m., said East Chicago police Detective Sgt. Juan Beltran.

The Lake County coroner's office confirmed the remains inside are of Arthur Joshua, 39, and his wife, Latavia Joshua, 35.

"It appears that they ran off the road," Beltran said. "There is no evidence at this time which indicates any foul play."

A snow removal crew noticed the SUV's wheels protruding from the surface of the water Monday afternoon, Beltran said.

The couple were last seen leaving a Calumet Township tavern shortly after 1 a.m. Jan. 10.

Autopsies of the two bodies recovered from the submerged SUV are scheduled for Tuesday, the coroner's office said.

http://www.thetimesonline.com/articl...b263694097.txt

A little more detail.

I'm so sorry to read this. Prayers to their family and friends.

Salem

Oh that is so sad. I was afraid this would be the case.
    Prayers for their children, family, and friends.