1077 users online (252 members and 825 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Question JB and BC worked for the MDCPD at the same time.

JB racked up a record of winning 32 of his first 34 trials and one loss was overturned on appeal.

Given that DC, who wasn't working for JB at the time , was out looking to, IMO, destroy evidence does JB's record in the MDCPD seem at all hinky?

When JB's handling of this case seems to fall under the worst lawyering I remember ever seeing it really makes me ponder what was going on back then.

It's got me doing a

Also, BC was working for MDCPD with overlapping time with JB it may have nothing to do with anything but supposedly DC was working for A's.

Just something that makes me go

What is MDCPD?

Quote Originally Posted by pirate View Post
    What is MDCPD?
    Miami Dade County Public Defenders.

Sorry, should have spelled that out in the first post. I'm sure you're not the only one who will have a question about that.

hey Steely...

Even if Jose Baez was shinning and shimmering ya wouldn't see it, wouldn't admit.

A lightbulb for ya...

Last edited by radio; 01-18-2009 at 04:24 PM. Reason: typo

What kind of cases was he doing? It could have been traffic court or something like that.

Quote Originally Posted by CarolineJ View Post
    What kind of cases was he doing? It could have been traffic court or something like that.
    You beat me to it. My question exactly!

JB started in 1995 and was there for at least two years and BC worked the PD office from1992 -1997. I'm not sure they were both in the same office but they were both public defense attorneys at that time.

Quote Originally Posted by CarolineJ View Post
    Maybe no fault divorces!

JB's success claims on his website aside, this thread explains a lot regarding his actual law background:

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...se+baez&page=4

My info comes from this site.

Baez, JoséMember of Casey Anthony’s defense team. Casey's lead defense attorney. According to his website, Baez is a former criminologist who received a B.S. degree in criminology from Florida State University. He began working for the Miami-Dade County Public Defender's office in 1995 and created a reputation as a fierce advocate who fought his cases until the very end and also distinguished himself by creating a division record for the most trials where he won 32 of 34 jury trials within his first two years with the office. (Note: one of his two losses was a reversed appeal). Prior to opening his own private practice, Baez worked for Lexis-Nexis, where he taught judges, lawyers, and law students about methods of using the Internet for investigation. Baez has been involved in several high-profile cases in Florida, including the defense of Nilton Diaz, Kissimmee Mayor George Gant, and Elvira Garcia.

Conway, BradGeorge and Cindy Anthony’s new lawyer (after Mark Nejame quit.) Worked at public defender's office from March 1992 through December 1997 and began private practice in December 1997, specializing in criminal defense litigation. In 2004, he was voted one of Orlando's AV (top rated) criminal defense lawyers.

Quote Originally Posted by Steely Dan View Post
    JB racked up a record of winning 32 of his first 34 trials and one loss was overturned on appeal.

Given that DC, who wasn't working for JB at the time , was out looking to, IMO, destroy evidence does JB's record in the MDCPD seem at all hinky?

When JB's handling of this case seems to fall under the worst lawyering I remember ever seeing it really makes me ponder what was going on back then.

It's got me doing a

Also, BC was working for MDCPD with overlapping time with JB it may have nothing to do with anything but supposedly DC was working for A's.

Just something that makes me go
    Any idea how this compares to his record since going into private practice?

Sounds like he is a good lawyer to me. 32 of 34 wins and one loss overturned? That is an impressive record by anyone's standards.

Just because he represents the Devil's Spawn doesn't mean he is a bad guy. KC is just one case and when it is over, he will still be a practicing attorney and KC will be a convict. The only issue I have with him is that he was unable to convince her to plead to a lesser charged before the body was found. But then who can convince her of anything, she knows it all.

Quote Originally Posted by Steely Dan View Post
    My info comes from this site.

Baez, JoséMember of Casey Anthony’s defense team. Casey's lead defense attorney. According to his website, Baez is a former criminologist who received a B.S. degree in criminology from Florida State University. He began working for the Miami-Dade County Public Defender's office in 1995 and created a reputation as a fierce advocate who fought his cases until the very end and also distinguished himself by creating a division record for the most trials where he won 32 of 34 jury trials within his first two years with the office. (Note: one of his two losses was a reversed appeal). Prior to opening his own private practice, Baez worked for Lexis-Nexis, where he taught judges, lawyers, and law students about methods of using the Internet for investigation. Baez has been involved in several high-profile cases in Florida, including the defense of Nilton Diaz, Kissimmee Mayor George Gant, and Elvira Garcia.

Conway, BradGeorge and Cindy Anthony’s new lawyer (after Mark Nejame quit.) Worked at public defender's office from March 1992 through December 1997 and began private practice in December 1997, specializing in criminal defense litigation. In 2004, he was voted one of Orlando's AV (top rated) criminal defense lawyers.
    They probably provided their own background info. Even I look great on MY resume.

Quote Originally Posted by lacey clementine View Post
    JB's success claims on his website aside, this thread explains a lot regarding his actual law background:

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...se+baez&page=4
    LOL! Yes, it certainly does!

Quote Originally Posted by DotsEyes View Post
    Sounds like he is a good lawyer to me. 32 of 34 wins and one loss overturned? That is an impressive record by anyone's standards.

Just because he represents the Devil's Spawn doesn't mean he is a bad guy. KC is just one case and when it is over, he will still be a practicing attorney and KC will be a convict. The only issue I have with him is that he was unable to convince her to plead to a lesser charged before the body was found. But then who can convince her of anything, she knows it all.
    The first statement is the point of this thread. He doesn't seem good enough to have achieved that record on the up and up, IMO.

Second, I've said this before. If JB comes out of this case without being disbarred I'll be very surprised.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast