596 users online (69 members and 527 guests)  

Websleuths News

View Poll Results: Where are we devided?

Voters
262. You may not vote on this poll
  • charges

128 48.85%
  • no charges

68 25.95%
  • under 40 no kids/grand kids

12 4.58%
  • under 40 with kids/grand kids

74 28.24%
  • over 40 no kids/grand kids

15 5.73%
  • over 40 with kids/grand kids

154 58.78%
Multiple Choice Poll.

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Does parenthood and age effect our judgement?

We are so strongly divided on how we see the A's in terms of culpability, I'm curious to know how age and parenthood effect our view on them in terms of possible charges or not.

This is a two part survey. Select 1 or 2: yes; I think charges should be filed against the A's or no; I don't think charges should be filed against the A's.

Then select 3, 4, 5 or 6; to indicate your age and whether or not you have kids.

Regardless which you vote: press charges/no charges; please add which group you fall into. 1 and 2 added together, should equal the same as 3-6 added together.
    Last edited by LCoastMom; 01-19-2009 at 11:00 AM. Reason: clarity
    Thank you my WS family for everything you do, everyday. You are loved and appreciated.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~Emma Leigh Barker~
    09/02/07~03/18/09
    ~R.I.P.~

Justice For Emma
    Stacey Barker - Guilty - Murder 1 - 5/24/11
    25 to LiFE - Sentenced 6/17/11

~~~~~~~~~~~
    jmho as always

I am sure age and history with children and grandchildren would make a difference in how we see this situation. There are so many things that effect how we translate information and digest it. A lot of strong emotions in this case.

I don't understand your poll. Can you explain, please?
    TIA!
    My Mom told me (and showed me) that "Parent is a verb, not a noun" ~ thanks Mom

deep in the countryside of northern Alabama
    Quote Originally Posted by BonKai View Post
    I don't understand your poll. Can you explain, please?
    TIA!
    yes please...I am confused too

I think you first need to choose whether you vote for or against charges against the Anthonys.

Then you need to choose what age group you fall into.

LOL ... at least that is what I did!

I think all apply - age, children/grandchildren, life experiences.

Im under 40 with no kids and no grandkids ( Im only 21) and i chose no charges.
    Happiness is the secret to all beauty.
    There is no beauty that is attractive
    Without happiness.
    ♥Christian Dior ♥

But now looking at the results, 6 people are over 40 with kids or grandkids ... and yet the results of charges vs. no charges is 2 for charges; 3 for no charges. That's only 5 people.

I'm not sure this poll is going to express the results correctly.

The note at the bottom indicates that 8 people have voted, but there are only 5 results (charges vs. no charges). There are 6 people over 40 with children or grandchldren and 1 person under 40 with no children or grandchildren. That only makes 7.

I'm joining the ranks of the confused.

deep in the countryside of northern Alabama
    Quote Originally Posted by KansasCutie View Post
    Im under 40 with no kids and no grandkids ( Im only 21) and i chose no charges.
    a-ha, gotcha that explains it....I am under 40 with kids....but no grandkids, and I chose no charges as well. Interesting poll.

A lot of things affect your judgement... it changes when you have kids, and as you get older, but just life's experiences in general. I am much wiser now than I was 20 or 30 years ago.

I can't honestly see a ''jury of their peers'' finding the A's guilty, which is why I think no charges will be filed. There are too many people who will sympathize with the position KC put them in and even if they did OJ it can be excused by their desire to find/keep Caylee alive, more easily than a desire to prevent justice. Whether true or not doesn't matter, that is what their atty will make it look like.

It would have been easier and less confusing (sorry) to just poll people who want to press charges, but I didn't want to single anyone out.
    Thank you my WS family for everything you do, everyday. You are loved and appreciated.

~Emma Leigh Barker~
    09/02/07~03/18/09
    ~R.I.P.~

Justice For Emma

~~~~~~~~~~~
    jmho as always

I would hope so.

i don't think this poll is working out. people can either choose to vote for or against charging the anthony's, or vote what group of people should make up the jury, but not both.
    people are like stained-glass windows. They sparkle and shine when the sun is out, but when the darkness sets in, their true beauty is revealed only if there is a light from within.

I think there should be an over 40 with kids but NO grandkids option. That is what I am but since that option was not available I did not vote. I have mixed feeling about OJ charges against G & C both pro and con. Lee is another story all together though. JMO

Quote Originally Posted by Noway View Post
    I think you first need to choose whether you vote for or against charges against the Anthonys.

Then you need to choose what age group you fall into.

LOL ... at least that is what I did!
    You were right, but evidently some people didn't see this and unless a whole bunch more vote the way you did, it won't balance out now at all.

Sorry it was so confusing....

~Emma Leigh Barker~
    09/02/07~03/18/09
    ~R.I.P.~

Justice For Emma

~~~~~~~~~~~
    jmho as always

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast