Does parenthood and age effect our judgement?

Where are we devided?

• charges

Votes: 128 48.9%
  • no charges

Votes: 68 26.0%
  • under 40 no kids/grand kids

Votes: 12 4.6%
  • under 40 with kids/grand kids

Votes: 74 28.2%
  • over 40 no kids/grand kids

Votes: 15 5.7%
  • over 40 with kids/grand kids

Votes: 154 58.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

LCoastMom

JUSTICE FOR CAYLEE MARIE - STILL WAITING
Reaction score
We are so strongly divided on how we see the A's in terms of culpability, I'm curious to know how age and parenthood effect our view on them in terms of possible charges or not.

This is a two part survey. Select 1 or 2: yes; I think charges should be filed against the A's or no; I don't think charges should be filed against the A's.

Then select 3, 4, 5 or 6; to indicate your age and whether or not you have kids.

Regardless which you vote: press charges/no charges; please add which group you fall into. 1 and 2 added together, should equal the same as 3-6 added together.

I am sure age and history with children and grandchildren would make a difference in how we see this situation. There are so many things that effect how we translate information and digest it. A lot of strong emotions in this case.

I don't understand your poll. Can you explain, please?
TIA!

I think you first need to choose whether you vote for or against charges against the Anthonys.

Then you need to choose what age group you fall into.

LOL ... at least that is what I did!

I think all apply - age, children/grandchildren, life experiences.

Im under 40 with no kids and no grandkids ( Im only 21) and i chose no charges.

But now looking at the results, 6 people are over 40 with kids or grandkids ... and yet the results of charges vs. no charges is 2 for charges; 3 for no charges. That's only 5 people.

I'm not sure this poll is going to express the results correctly.

The note at the bottom indicates that 8 people have voted, but there are only 5 results (charges vs. no charges). There are 6 people over 40 with children or grandchldren and 1 person under 40 with no children or grandchildren. That only makes 7.

I'm joining the ranks of the confused. ;)

Im under 40 with no kids and no grandkids ( Im only 21) and i chose no charges.

a-ha, gotcha that explains it....I am under 40 with kids....but no grandkids, and I chose no charges as well. Interesting poll.

A lot of things affect your judgement... it changes when you have kids, and as you get older, but just life's experiences in general. I am much wiser now than I was 20 or 30 years ago.

I can't honestly see a ''jury of their peers'' finding the A's guilty, which is why I think no charges will be filed. There are too many people who will sympathize with the position KC put them in and even if they did OJ it can be excused by their desire to find/keep Caylee alive, more easily than a desire to prevent justice. Whether true or not doesn't matter, that is what their atty will make it look like.

It would have been easier and less confusing (sorry) :blush: to just poll people who want to press charges, but I didn't want to single anyone out.:)

i don't think this poll is working out. people can either choose to vote for or against charging the anthony's, or vote what group of people should make up the jury, but not both.

I think there should be an over 40 with kids but NO grandkids option. That is what I am but since that option was not available I did not vote. I have mixed feeling about OJ charges against G & C both pro and con. Lee is another story all together though. JMO

I think you first need to choose whether you vote for or against charges against the Anthonys.

Then you need to choose what age group you fall into.

LOL ... at least that is what I did!

You were right, but evidently some people didn't see this and unless a whole bunch more vote the way you did, it won't balance out now at all. :waitasec:

Sorry it was so confusing.... :bang:

I don't understand your poll. Can you explain, please?
TIA!
This is the most confusing poll I've ever read! Glad to see, I'm not the only one.

missmybaby....I usually don't vote anyway because I'm so indecisive! In this case....I don't believe I could vote as you didn't list a cat for a2me<--- over 40 w/kids, no grandkids

Age IMO definately has a positive effect on parenting. I do not blame the A's for the things KC did to Caylee, but I do think the way they parented her had an effect on who she became. But that is only part of the equation. KC's own personality, her peers, other things also have had an input on who she is at 22. One thing I can say is that I sure wouldn't want to be judged as a person on who I was at 22. Cause I was still very immature and selfish at that age, couldn't appreciate my parents either. So yes age makes a ton of difference. JMHO

BTW I didn't vote in the poll as I don't understand what it's asking. I just commented on the name of the thread=Does parenthood and age affect our judgement. Confused.

You were right, but evidently some people didn't see this and unless a whole bunch more vote the way you did, it won't balance out now at all. :waitasec:

Sorry it was so confusing.... :bang:

can the mods do anything to help?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Wafficer