1078 users online (174 members and 904 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Joaquin Phoenix Debuts Rap Career In Vegas

LAS VEGAS, Nev. -- Joaquin Phoenix may be best known for playing country legend Johnny Cash, but it's hip-hop that the actor has turned to for a second career.

Having announced his retirement from acting last year, Joaquin was spotted on stage at Lavo in Las Vegas on Friday, where he showed off some new material - and his MC skills.

In videos posted to YouTube, Joaquin took the stage in a beanie, sunglasses and a heavy beard as he rhymed over drum beats.

It looked like he was playing another character -- but the aspiring rapper told People before he took the stage that it was no act.

"This is me saying this is who I am," he told the mag. "This is my story."

A photo at this link:

http://omg.yahoo.com/news/joaquin-ph...in-vegas/17807

Follow me on the Twitter! @EricDiesel1972

Deuteronomy 18:10-12 (KJV)

10 There shall not be found among you anyone who makes his son or his daughter pass through the fire, or one who practices witchcraft, or a soothsayer, or one who interprets omens, or a sorcerer, 11 or one who conjures spells, or a medium, or a spiritist, or one who calls up the dead. 12 For all who do these things are an abomination to the Lord. (KJV)

Follow me at my Biblical Blog: http://scripture-demystified.blogspot.com

Baruch ha Shem Adonai.

I think he may be a little off (JMO).

Well.. at least his sister, Rain, has a good band, 'Paper Cranes'..

After all, their family has been through a lot, i believe they were part of a cult with their parents when they were children, then River killed himself..

Why did he say he was giving up acting, anyway? I think he is a very talented actor. Remember his performance in Gladiator? Wow. I think he was miffed he didn't get an AA for Walk the Line.

Eve

Hmmmmm....rapping and falling off the stage...disturbing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LieYeCudbQ8

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fhLJPGI7a7k

Quote Originally Posted by eve View Post
    Why did he say he was giving up acting, anyway? I think he is a very talented actor. Remember his performance in Gladiator? Wow. I think he was miffed he didn't get an AA for Walk the Line.

Eve
    Eve,

He checked himself into treatment for alcoholism after Walk the Line. Given this rap performance, I'm wondering if he has fallen off the wagon (as well as the stage).
    I do not intend to tiptoe through life only to arrive safely at death!

Quote Originally Posted by southcitymom View Post
    Eve,

He checked himself into treatment for alcoholism after Walk the Line. Given this rap performance, I'm wondering if he has fallen off the wagon (as well as the stage).
    I am hoping this is some kind of spoof or mockumentary, seriously, this makes me sad. I really think he is a talented guy. Wow.

Eve

Quote Originally Posted by eve View Post
    I am hoping this is some kind of spoof or mockumentary, seriously, this makes me sad. I really think he is a talented guy. Wow.

Eve
    He is an amazing actor - has always been one of my favorites. But he is an odd duck, so who knows what this is all about.
    I do not intend to tiptoe through life only to arrive safely at death!

Quote Originally Posted by colomom View Post
    Hmmmmm....rapping and falling off the stage...disturbing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LieYeCudbQ8

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fhLJPGI7a7k
    Yeah... 'Disturbing' was the word I was reaching for too....

I am so shocked by this, you have no idea. He is one of the most talented actors... what the heck is going on?

Wonderful actor with endless talent... odd fellow that kind of lives in his own reality, which, I think, is what allows him to morph into acting roles with no trouble, what-so-ever. He's known for having chemical addiction issues (namely alcohol), and I can't even fathom the mess he carries on his back from being in a cult as a child.

I don't think River Phoenix intentionally killed himself, he died of a drug overdose.

Quote Originally Posted by MeoW333 View Post
    After all, their family has been through a lot, i believe they were part of a cult with their parents when they were children, then River killed himself..

http://abcnews.go.com/Entertainment/...6874486&page=1

I'm going to say it, here it goes, I'm putting it in writing!!

I'll give away everything I own if this is for real.

The latest now is the director of the movie Joaquin just finished and SHOULD be promoting just spoke up. Basically stating he thinks he's ruined Joaquin for everyone.

The director? Not his friends, family, those closest to him?

So here's my theory and I think I'm right. This is the biggest publicity stunt ever. I think they're 'almost' pulling it off. The internet is abuzz about him and now they'll be curious to go see the movie too?! Remember, Joaquin actually RAPS in this movie freestyle.

How much more rap freestyle can you get than a very scruffy looking 'blues brothers' look.

So, do I have any possessions left? I believe Two Lovers opened yesterday. Now time will tell.
    Only my opinion, no one else need agree.

Maybe he is doing a "Borat" kind of thing, where like Sacha, he is committed to staying in the role pranking people and having it filmed for their honest reactions (though a few people would be in on it, to make sure it stays on track... this director could be a part of the prank, like Casey Affleck, for whom has been filming Joaquin during his crazy rap stunts of late). Except where Sacha went mostly after everyday people, Joaquin is turning the tables on Hollywood making a mockery of the industry for film value. Sounds viable...

Watching him portray Johnny Cash was breathtaking... without a doubt the man has loads of talent when it comes to music and acting... but he has always had a quirkiness about him where you really don't know if the man is on his own nutty planet or he if he is just an average Joe Schmoo that enjoys fooling others to think he is a tad off.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast