986 users online (178 members and 808 guests)  

The Killing Season - Websleuths

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 16 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Why didn't Cindy file for custody of Caylee? Could Cindy have saved her?

In the 911 call, we hear Cindy threaten KC that she will file for custody of Caylee...we know she talked to a therapist who instructed her to do this...My question is, why didn't she??? I mean, after all this happened, after July 15, where we now know Caylee is missing... Especially once FCS got involved and KC was in jail...if she truly did believe Caylee was alive, why didn't she file for custody??

Quote Originally Posted by Irish_Eyes View Post
    In the 911 call, we hear Cindy threaten KC that she will file for custody of Caylee...we know she talked to a therapist who instructed her to do this...My question is, why didn't she??? I mean, after all this happened, after July 15, where we now know Caylee is missing... Especially once FCS got involved and KC was in jail...if she truly did believe Caylee was alive, why didn't she file for custody??
    I am NOT an attorney nor did I sleep at a Holiday Inn Express last night, BUT I do know someone in this situation. It is much harder than people realize to take a child away. In addition, Caylee would have likely been placed in Foster care until the court could arrange for CA to be her guardian. In smaller counties that can happen simultaneously with a removal, but in a county as large as Orange it would have been a while to even get CPS to investigate, find cause for removal, and the court to award custody. She could not have done this behind KC's back as KC would have been interviewed by CPS as part of the investigation. If crack moms can keep their parental rights then it goes without saying that lazy moms are a slam dunk.
    IMO with some knowledge. Feel free to correct any statements that are untrue.

I know all about how hard it can be to extricate a child from an abusive parent, unfortunately, but my question was more pertaining to AFTER Caylee was missing and AFTER child services had already gotten involved...they had already found that Caylee was an endangered child, and even if she is innocent until proven guilty KC has been in jail for much of this time, so regardless she would be unavailable to care for Caylee...so if Cindy truly believed Caylee was alive, why didn't she pursue being appointed Caylee's legal guardian in case she was found alive?

ETA: After 7/15 for clarification purposes.

ETA: After 7/15 for clarification purposes.
    They were a bit overwhelmed by life and possibly planned to do exactly that when she was found?

Three words: Decomp in car.

Good question, I can't say exactly what I would do , but if I REALLY thought my daughter had let her child be missing for a month without reporting her, I think I would have started the process along. That would have been the last straw for me.

I think she "KNEW"

as sad as I am to say it....
    In the 911 call she wanted Caylee....
    She needed KC to tell her what happened...............

BUT................ then after LA got KC to talking...

I think CA "KNEW" No More Caylee ~~~ EVER !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    she
    just went into a survival mode... and into DENIAL !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    STILL IS..... It is just "BEYOND" what her brain can handle...
    that her own flesh and blood daughter... Killed her own flesh and
    Blood BABY DAUGHTER>>>CAYLEE MARIE = CA Own Flesh and Blood
    GRAND DAUGHTER>>>>>>>>>>>>>> It is tooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
    unreal for her to handle !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    To SICK !!!!!!!!!!!!! To Sad !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    To DISGUSTING !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!
    to to to UN NECESSARY !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!
    JMO
    God Bless !
    jjgram
    *** Little Angel Caylee is Now with her Heavenly Father ! He Cares For her more that KC ever could! She has No more sadness !
    some comfort to us !

Quote Originally Posted by debs View Post
    Three words: Decomp in car.
    Agreed. They knew. That has been my belief since day 1.

Quote Originally Posted by impatientredhead View Post
    They were a bit overwhelmed by life and possibly planned to do exactly that when she was found?
    See, I get that, yet if it were me, I'd want all these things in place before she was found...

What if she had been found alive? Would she have had to remain with FCS until there could have been a hearing to determine temporary custody? Why not just file to have temporary custody transferred to you? If your daughter is in jail, and the child has lived with you her entire life, you're going to win that motion, right? Even up until 12-10, when they are insisting she is alive, I am suprised they don't do this if they truly believed she was alive...

Finding her would be my top priorty and then using this episode of child neglect to gain custody would have been my next step. Perhaps that is what CA was thinking.

This is the part that DRIVES ME CRAZY!!! Cindy saying how good of a mom she was and that she loved her child but yet Cindy was advised to "seek custody" of Caylee? And when she threatens it over the 911 call I know that is not the first time it was discussed with Casey. Cindy can NOT have it both ways- either Casey was or wasn't a good parent. All signs point to NOT a good parent for me.

Sorry to post twice in a row-

I also do not think she would have filed for custody even if they thought Caylee was alive because that would make Casey madder than a hornet and they needed her help to find an alive Caylee.

Quote Originally Posted by comomx3 View Post
    This is the part that DRIVES ME CRAZY!!! Cindy saying how good of a mom she was and that she loved her child but yet Cindy was advised to "seek custody" of Caylee? And when she threatens it over the 911 call I know that is not the first time it was discussed with Casey. Cindy can NOT have it both ways- either Casey was or wasn't a good parent. All signs point to NOT a good parent for me.
    Exactly. What had Cindy told the counselor that led this professional to believe that Cindy stood a chance of gaining custody of Caylee? I have to believe that this professional must have been given evidence to make her realistically believe that KC was indeed an unfit mother or IMO she never would have advised Cindy to seek custody. Yet, Cindy somehow conveniently forgets that she, herself, recently came to the conclusion that KC was unfit as a mother and immediately proclaims her "Mother of the Year" material to anyone and everyone who is willing to listen.

ETA: Keeping on topic, IMO, Cindy never filed for custody then because she knew there was no reason to.
    I think about you constantly, whether it's with my mind or my heart. ~Albany Bach Reid

IDK... can you file for custody of a child that can't be found/seen ??....& custody battles can be a long process.....this became a 'media circus' very quick.

Page 1 of 16 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast