1510 users online (260 members and 1250 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 45 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Florida Bar Allegedly Prepares Case against Baez

YOU are the ring-master of your own circus.

JMOO

Baez confirms he is the subject of an ongoing Bar investigation.

I wonder if it has to do with him not completing his continuing education, as was reported earlier in this case.

And this makes it look very different:

http://blogs.orlandosentinel.com/ent...jose-baez.html

Randy Means, a spokesman for the Orange-Osceola State Attorney's Office.

His comments were distributed to reporters at WFTV, WESH-Channel 2, WKMG-Channel 6 and the Sentinel:

"My Friday conversation with Mary from Channel 9 was very simple. I told her that we also have heard from media employees that questions [have] arisen as to Defendant Anthony's counsel. I wouldn't specify what question. I informed the reporter that it is the court's responsibility to insure a fair trial for the accused and if any improprieties actually took place by either side, defense or state, both the Florida Bar and the Courts are venues that would hear the complaints. If her story stated anything other than that, it was a creation of a futile mind and questionable ethics."

Quote Originally Posted by BeanE View Post

His comments were distributed to reporters at WFTV, WESH-Channel 2, WKMG-Channel 6 and the Sentinel:

"My Friday conversation with Mary from Channel 9 was very simple. I told her that we also have heard from media employees that questions [have] arisen as to Defendant Anthony's counsel. I wouldn't specify what question. I informed the reporter that it is the court's responsibility to insure a fair trial for the accused and if any improprieties actually took place by either side, defense or state, both the Florida Bar and the Courts are venues that would hear the complaints. If her story stated anything other than that, it was a creation of a futile mind and questionable ethics."
    Bold by me
    Shouldn't that be "fertile" mind, not "futile"?

There has been a lot of sensationalized reporting in this case and this is a really good example.
    The irony is, whomever is perpetuating this or filing a claim is probably laying the ground work for KC's appeal in the event she is convicted. KC and Company have been saying all along that things are being twisted in the media and reporters like this are fortifying that claim.

Part of our job here is to separate the fact from the fiction just have you have done here BeanE. More often than not,we need to take these news accounts and see what is really going on.

JMHO of course.

"He said he has done nothing but conduct himself in a most professional manner.."

Last edited by Ilenser; 01-20-2009 at 08:29 PM. Reason: Cut and pasted too much

Have Sword, Will Use

Quote Originally Posted by Ilenser View Post
    "He said he has done nothing but conduct himself in a most professional manner. He said he has done nothing unethical."

What has he done unethical?

Fixed my cut and paste

Have Sword, Will Use

I have little to go on but my own gut feeling...but there is so much wrong with Mr JB! Although I disagreed with OJ's attorneys and Marc Geragos...they were all just doing their jobs. there is something else going on with JB...I see him and I want to do horrible things to my TV...

For me, the most concerning part of the video is that the SA's office said they do have some concerns about grounds for appeal and that they, "Don't want to have to try this twice."

Quote Originally Posted by PotatoHead View Post
    For me, the most concerning part of the video is that the SA's office said they do have some concerns about grounds for appeal and that they, "Don't want to have to try this twice."
    Hi Spud I agree. Don't want her to have too many opportunities for appeal, the trial is going to take long enough. On Jane V. tonight they said that there is no investigation going on with Baez. ? ? ? Hopefully we will hear more soon.

"Baez declined an on-camera interview, but added that he has nothing to hide. "
    ok...

http://www.wesh.com/caseyanthony/18523723/detail.html

I like Atty Hornsby. I believe he is the one who spoke of "how clean" the trunk of the car was.

"Hornsby said he most surprised about how clean the trunk was, and believes a second suspect will surface.

"If the hypothesis that Caylee was in the trunk is true, whoever helped Miss Anthony was very intelligent, and I would have to think they had some law enforcement background," Hornsby said.
    http://www.cfnews13.com/News/Local/2...ylee_case.html

Quote Originally Posted by JBean View Post
    What has he done unethical?

Question: Why all the hoopla/effort from the defense to set KC up now so that later she can claim inadequate defense, convited by the media, whatever. The Petersons claim the same thing about Scott, so OK, let's say they're right....and they win. All they win is a new trial with the same evidence presented and therefore a second conviction, right?

I know I'm missing something here, but I just don't see the reason for all the ridiculous games and accusations when the end result will (hopefully) be the same.

Beanie, enlighten me.
    Check out updated daily: Tricia's Tidbits

Some days I feel like a tumbleweed blowing in the wind....

No problem at all with this being posted here but some are apparently taking it as directly relating to the WESH story cited above, which it is not.

The WESH story quotes a bar association source, not the prosecutor's office. This statement, if it is genuine, is in response to the story from yesterday, not this one.

BTW, keep in mind professional associations do investigations all the time. That doesn't mean the allegations have any merit and won't until and if the association announces the outcome of its investigation.

Page 1 of 45 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast