Florida Bar Allegedly Prepares Case against Baez

I wonder if it has to do with him not completing his continuing education, as was reported earlier in this case.

And this makes it look very different:

http://blogs.orlandosentinel.com/en...case-what-about-wftvs-story-on-jose-baez.html

Randy Means, a spokesman for the Orange-Osceola State Attorney's Office.

His comments were distributed to reporters at WFTV, WESH-Channel 2, WKMG-Channel 6 and the Sentinel:

"My Friday conversation with Mary from Channel 9 was very simple. I told her that we also have heard from media employees that questions [have] arisen as to Defendant Anthony's counsel. I wouldn't specify what question. I informed the reporter that it is the court's responsibility to insure a fair trial for the accused and if any improprieties actually took place by either side, defense or state, both the Florida Bar and the Courts are venues that would hear the complaints. If her story stated anything other than that, it was a creation of a futile mind and questionable ethics."

http://blogs.orlandosentinel.com/en...case-what-about-wftvs-story-on-jose-baez.html

His comments were distributed to reporters at WFTV, WESH-Channel 2, WKMG-Channel 6 and the Sentinel:

"My Friday conversation with Mary from Channel 9 was very simple. I told her that we also have heard from media employees that questions [have] arisen as to Defendant Anthony's counsel. I wouldn't specify what question. I informed the reporter that it is the court's responsibility to insure a fair trial for the accused and if any improprieties actually took place by either side, defense or state, both the Florida Bar and the Courts are venues that would hear the complaints. If her story stated anything other than that, it was a creation of a futile mind and questionable ethics."

Bold by me
Shouldn't that be "fertile" mind, not "futile"?

There has been a lot of sensationalized reporting in this case and this is a really good example.
The irony is, whomever is perpetuating this or filing a claim is probably laying the ground work for KC's appeal in the event she is convicted. KC and Company have been saying all along that things are being twisted in the media and reporters like this are fortifying that claim.

Part of our job here is to separate the fact from the fiction just have you have done here BeanE. More often than not,we need to take these news accounts and see what is really going on.

JMHO of course.

:liar:"He said he has done nothing but conduct himself in a most professional manner..":liar:

lmao.gif
lmao.gif

:liar:"He said he has done nothing but conduct himself in a most professional manner. He said he has done nothing unethical.":liar:

lmao.gif
lmao.gif
What has he done unethical?

I have little to go on but my own gut feeling...but there is so much wrong with Mr JB! Although I disagreed with OJ's attorneys and Marc Geragos...they were all just doing their jobs. there is something else going on with JB...I see him and I want to do horrible things to my TV...:mad:

For me, the most concerning part of the video is that the SA's office said they do have some concerns about grounds for appeal and that they, "Don't want to have to try this twice."

For me, the most concerning part of the video is that the SA's office said they do have some concerns about grounds for appeal and that they, "Don't want to have to try this twice."

Hi Spud :) I agree. Don't want her to have too many opportunities for appeal, the trial is going to take long enough. On Jane V. tonight they said that there is no investigation going on with Baez. ? ? ? Hopefully we will hear more soon.

"Baez declined an on-camera interview, but added that he has nothing to hide. "
ok...

http://www.wesh.com/caseyanthony/18523723/detail.html

I like Atty Hornsby. I believe he is the one who spoke of "how clean" the trunk of the car was.

"Hornsby said he most surprised about how clean the trunk was, and believes a second suspect will surface.

"If the hypothesis that Caylee was in the trunk is true, whoever helped Miss Anthony was very intelligent, and I would have to think they had some law enforcement background," Hornsby said.
http://www.cfnews13.com/News/Local/2008/10/24/forensic_evidence_released_in_caylee_case.html

Question: Why all the hoopla/effort from the defense to set KC up now so that later she can claim inadequate defense, convited by the media, whatever. The Petersons claim the same thing about Scott, so OK, let's say they're right....and they win. All they win is a new trial with the same evidence presented and therefore a second conviction, right?

I know I'm missing something here, but I just don't see the reason for all the ridiculous games and accusations when the end result will (hopefully) be the same.

Beanie, enlighten me. :confused:

No problem at all with this being posted here but some are apparently taking it as directly relating to the WESH story cited above, which it is not.

The WESH story quotes a bar association source, not the prosecutor's office. This statement, if it is genuine, is in response to the story from yesterday, not this one.

BTW, keep in mind professional associations do investigations all the time. That doesn't mean the allegations have any merit and won't until and if the association announces the outcome of its investigation.

Hi, all.

From what I can glean, looking at other blogs, the issue may be a financial one--possible allegations that Mr. Baez may have signed contingency contracts with media (movies, etc) based on the outcome of the case. Apparently, making money--almost betting as it were--on a case in which one is counsel is an offense to the Fla Bar *advertiser censored*'n.

(o/t I heard say via wesh or wftv that LE released 300 pp of docts to JB this afternoon)

Id also like to know that. I have read lots of posts with people cracking it at him?why?he is doing his job.

Anything caught being done unethically would see him disbarred and he knows that, hes not just out of law school.

I questioned ONCE in a post somewhere whether there was something going on (between them) but that was something I dismissed again because knowing he would be disbarred he wouldn't and this case could very well put him on the map for other big cases.

In all honesty? I think a career in law sounds fascinating, but I have no education in that field. I also don't live in Florida. Whether or not JB has done anything in order to be removed from the case or anything that results in any negative consequences is beyond me. Of course, anytime he puts his client in a positive light, I want to tear his hair out and things may "seem" odd to me, but truly, I have no idea and am happy to rely on my fellow WSers who are experienced in law.

So, I'm just a bystander - watching the issue and gleaning information as it is fed to me.

If the article is true it is THE FLORIDA BAR *per WESH who has an "active case" regarding Mr. Baez.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cariboucampfire73
Back