• The magazine is lying to sell copies.

Votes: 28 15.6%
  • It's not relevant & doesn't matter.

Votes: 112 62.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Egoslayer

Reaction score
Globe doesn't publish their articles online so I can't give a link, but it's on the current cover. It wasnt Jesse, some other dude she had tons of pictures taken with.

Obviously, this is the Globe, so it should all be taken with a huge hunk of salt.

CORRECTION:

No, actually the article is entitled "Caylee Mom AIDS Scandal", subtitled "Ex-lover gets tested for killer virus as Casey's caught in x-rated tape shocker."

The "x-rated tape shocker" is the photo we have all seen which most of us believe is not KC.

RM is the "ex-lover" and he is fine, tested negative.

"There is no evidence that she (KC) is HIV positive." Quote from article.

"I had to wait two days for the results of the $280 blood tests, which was nerve-racking. I was worried sick, but thank God I'm clear of any lasting reminders of our relationship." - RM

Um, I don't understand the 'wouldn't put it past Casey'... wouldn't put it past her to do what, exactly? Have AIDS, be in a relationship with someone who has AIDS or to spread AIDS?

I think this is grossly unfair to Casey's ex. Why should whether he has AIDS be relevant, he could have contracted it after his time with Casey, regardless, this is just obviously going to be painful for him and his family.

Um, I don't understand the 'wouldn't put it past Casey'... wouldn't put it past her to do what, exactly? Have AIDS, be in a relationship with someone who has AIDS or to spread AIDS?

I think this is grossly unfair to Casey's ex. Why should whether he has AIDS be relevant, he could have contracted it after his time with Casey, regardless, this is just obviously going to be painful for him and his family.

You are assuming he didn't sell them his story and photos, which if they are outing his medical info on the front page I would be willing to bet he did.

He's the one that was interviewed ...

It was RM. Someone earlier posted about this. She said the article stated he didn't have it but got tested after finding out how Casey was because of the case. I'll try to find the thread.

I'm confused.

If it is the same article discussed in the rumours thread, there it is quoted as saying RM got tested for AIDS, does not have AIDS and recommends that other past lovers be tested for AIDS. (see post #196)

Same article or are Globe and Enquirer fighting for headlines again this week?

Thanks, PotatoHead! That would explain it!

Altho...having Casey sit in jail and ponder if she has AIDS wouldn't be a bad idea.

There was a comment also by LE to AR ex cop in his interview transcript about him using protection with Casey and he said only the first time. Wasn't sure if they were just trying to ask him a question to make him think about the fact that it might not be a bad idea for him to get tested for STD and possible AIDs without actually coming out and saying it or were asking him because of other information that they had.
I only noticed it because that type of comment did not come up in any of the other interviews. At least the ones we have seen.

There was a comment also by LE to AR ex cop in his interview transcript about him using protection with Casey and he said only the first time. Wasn't sure if they were just trying to ask him a question to make him think about the fact that it might not be a bad idea for him to get tested for STD and possible AIDs without actually coming out and saying it or were asking him because of other information that they had.
I only noticed it because that type of comment did not come up in any of the other interviews. At least the ones we have seen.

Didn't that sound like a really odd thing to say? Almost like a parent talking to their not quite adult son. I thought for sure, "what were you thinking?" was going to be next.

I wonder if this was a 'senior cop talking to the rookie' moment that happened to be caught on tape?

Didn't that sound like a really odd thing to say? Almost like a parent talking to their not quite adult son. I thought for sure, "what were you thinking?" was going to be next.

I wonder if this was a 'senior cop talking to the rookie' moment that happened to be caught on tape?

I'ts been awhile since I read that one but I have to wonder if it had something to do with the other women who was seeing AR that must work for the department, someone in HR I think. I though it was an odd exchange and you may be right. Older officer trying to give the guy a clue that just because he has a shield it's not the right kind for that.

I remember that too in the interview. I also wondered if they were going to warn all her previous conquests or just him because he was "on the force". Whatever.

I didn't answer the poll questions because the first choice didn't make sense and my preference wasn't there. My choice: Does it really matter to Caylee?

No, actually the article is entitled "Caylee Mom AIDS Scandal", subtitled "Ex-lover gets tested for killer virus as Casey's caught in x-rated tape shocker."

The "x-rated tape shocker" is the photo we have all seen which most of us believe is not KC.

"I had to wait two days for the results of the $280 blood tests, which was nerve-racking. I was worried sick, but thank God I'm clear of any lasting reminders of our relationship." - RM

Thanks for clarifying.

Maybe the child should be changed to more clearly reflect the actual topic of the article?

Thank you so much for clarifying. Good job, DotsEyes, thanks.

I voted they are lying to sell copies, that is what they do. Next they will say "their sources" told them she caught it from Bigfoot or an alien from Mars.

I'm confused.

If it is the same article discussed in the rumours thread, there it is quoted as saying RM got tested for AIDS, does not have AIDS and recommends that other past lovers be tested for AIDS. (see post #196)

Same article or are Globe and Enquirer fighting for headlines again this week?

Notice he says it's "urgent" that all involved be tested.....

however, he waits 6 months to say this...

Notice he throws in the 280 bucks.....

guess that's part of his *excuse* for selling his "Caylee story".

I wonder why the focus on AIDs. There are so many different STDs, and KC was extremely promiscuous. Anyone who had sex with her should get tested for the full range of STDs. Not all STDs show symptoms, or obvious symptoms. And they're all nasty, and can be spread to everyone else you have sex with.

If you have unprotected sex, get tested!

Didn't LE also ask RM in his interview if he had unprotected sex with KC? I found it odd LE didn't ask every guy she had sex with the same question, unless they did it off tape.

I don't know if they were trying to warn about STDs, had concerns about pregnancy, or if they were trying to assess KC's level of risky behavior. If the latter 2, then I would think they'd ask every guy.

I don't know how much sheriffs offices get into risky behavior assessment during investigations. Maybe somebody here knows?

ETA: sorry for rambling - haven't had my coffee yet... :)

WOW! What a horrible thing to publish, true or not true. This is a serious disease and now people are going to wonder about all of Casey's ex-lovers. Like there is not enough drama about this case already. I think this really is stepping over line. :furious:

WOW! What a horrible thing to publish, true or not true. This is a serious disease and now people are going to wonder about all of Casey's ex-lovers. Like there is not enough drama about this case already. I think this really is stepping over line. :furious:

If done in reputable media, in a non-drama way, it could be an important and responsible piece. Anyone who had sex with KC should be tested because of her promiscuity. STDs are awful things.

Doing it tabloid style and focusing on only one STD doesn't seem responsible or useful to me. Seems silly actually.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarpSleuth
Back