1220 users online (259 members and 961 guests)  


Websleuths News

View Poll Results: Would You be afraid to report a crime/evidence/missing person

Voters
137. You may not vote on this poll
  • I would call LE ASAP

    121 88.32%
  • I would look the other way

    0 0%
  • It would depend if it is a crime/evidence/or a missing person sighting

    16 11.68%

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 82
  1. #1
    Angel Who Cares's Avatar
    Angel Who Cares is offline If you seek an angel with an open heart, you shall always find one.
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Downriver Area, Michigan
    Posts
    22,927

    Question Would You Be Afraid To Report A Crime/Evidence/Missing Person?

    If people keep attacking Roy Kronk will the next person who sees a crime/evidence/missing person etc. will they walk away afraid they will be accused of being involved?

    It's sad that some try to accuse him (RK) of being involved when he was only doing what you or myself would do. If people keep attacking him the next person who sees a crime/evidence/missing person etc. will walk away afraid they will be accused of being involved.

    Imagine if he had given up double checking on what he knew & thought he seen in Aug.. Caylee could still be laying there thrown out like trash. KC smirking sitting in her room (cell) thinking she might just get away with murdering her own beautiful daughter.

    It could stop someone from reporting even a minor crime or if they think they see something & a missing person could end up never being found.


    Post #348
    http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...&postcount=348


    Would You Be Afraid To Report A Crime/Evidence/Missing Person?
    <div style=text-align: center;><a href=http://www.websleuths.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=605&pictureid=4615 target=_blank>http://www.websleuths.com/forums/pic...pictureid=4615</a></div>
    Angels around us, angels beside us, angels within us. Angels are watching over you when times are good or stressed. Their wings wrap gently around you, whispering you are loved and blessed.
    -- Angel Blessing

  2. #2
    I wouldn't hesitate to report a crime unless I felt my family would be at risk by the criminals. I would think the only people who would be afraid to report a crime etc. would be those who have a history or current something they are afraid may surface, or if they felt that the criminal may come after them.

    It's a shame that Kronk is being crucified for coming forward.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    5,526
    This case is so twisted I just don't know who to trust anymore. As for Roy K. I am so grateful to him for following his intuitions and bringing Caylee to the surface. I do feel that others may in the future walk away from situations like this due to the accusation's floating around about Roy. I know I would not be afraid to step up and report anything, if there is nothing to hide then there is nothing to fear in eyes. But, I do agree that most will not want to put them self in the situation that Roy is in now. All because he found Caylee's remains. I think that LE would know better than any rumor what his involvement is in this case. We all have some type of skeleton in our closets. So, he owes back child support and had problems in a previous relationship. I don't think those are grounds for accusing him of any wrong doing. But that is just my opinion and I do agree that in the future other's will turn their head the other way in a case like this.

  4. #4
    Angel Who Cares's Avatar
    Angel Who Cares is offline If you seek an angel with an open heart, you shall always find one.
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Downriver Area, Michigan
    Posts
    22,927
    aksleuth Posted this comment after I posted my thoughts about this in the astro thread for Caylee! I hope you don't mind me adding your thoughts here aksleuth!

    I agree about Roy Kronk. He should be praised, not persecuted. Have you ever seen such nonsense!
    Btw, speaking of heroics, a woman was murdered on the street in my city this weekend. Two of her killers were caught because their mothers called police saying the composite sketches shown on TV were their sons. They called at different times. Those two moms had the courage to do the right thing. We should all be as courageous. So like Roy, there are other angels in this world.
    Last edited by Angel Who Cares; 01-21-2009 at 09:26 AM. Reason: Added the rest of what aksleuth posted! Thank You aksleuth
    <div style=text-align: center;><a href=http://www.websleuths.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=605&pictureid=4615 target=_blank>http://www.websleuths.com/forums/pic...pictureid=4615</a></div>
    Angels around us, angels beside us, angels within us. Angels are watching over you when times are good or stressed. Their wings wrap gently around you, whispering you are loved and blessed.
    -- Angel Blessing

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    1,337
    Quote Originally Posted by Angel Who Cares View Post
    If people keep attacking Roy Kronk will the next person who sees a crime/evidence/missing person etc. will they walk away afraid they will be accused of being involved?

    It's sad that some try to accuse him (RK) of being involved when he was only doing what you or myself would do. If people keep attacking him the next person who sees a crime/evidence/missing person etc. will walk away afraid they will be accused of being involved.

    Imagine if he had given up double checking on what he knew & thought he seen in Aug.. Caylee could still be laying there thrown out like trash. KC smirking sitting in her room (cell) thinking she might just get away with murdering her own beautiful daughter.



    It could stop someone from reporting even a minor crime or if they think they see something & a missing person could end up never being found.


    Would You Be Afraid To Report A Crime/Evidence/Missing Person?
    Great question, Angel Who Cares. I know I'd be afraid, but I wouldn't allow it to stop me--especially if the crime involved a child. I can totally understand why some people are just too afraid to get involved.

  6. #6
    Angel Who Cares's Avatar
    Angel Who Cares is offline If you seek an angel with an open heart, you shall always find one.
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Downriver Area, Michigan
    Posts
    22,927
    Originally Posted by Lovejac
    Angel, I just had a thought. You should copy your fabulous post above to Caylee's Forum, I think it even deserves its own thread, it is so wonderful!

    Might be helpful to some of us to get some insight from our awesome lawyers on this site.

    Thank You Lovejac! I would love to get insight from everyone not just people in the legal field too! This is not a thread to bash PK but on the subject of being afraid to call LE in fear of having yourself being put under a microscope! Thank You Everyone In Advance To Stay On Topic.
    <div style=text-align: center;><a href=http://www.websleuths.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=605&pictureid=4615 target=_blank>http://www.websleuths.com/forums/pic...pictureid=4615</a></div>
    Angels around us, angels beside us, angels within us. Angels are watching over you when times are good or stressed. Their wings wrap gently around you, whispering you are loved and blessed.
    -- Angel Blessing

  7. #7
    Angel Who Cares's Avatar
    Angel Who Cares is offline If you seek an angel with an open heart, you shall always find one.
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Downriver Area, Michigan
    Posts
    22,927
    Quote Originally Posted by Indigo View Post
    Great question, Angel Who Cares. I know I'd be afraid, but I wouldn't allow it to stop me--especially if the crime involved a child. I can totally understand why some people are just too afraid to get involved.

    IMO, when the Defense uses the pivotal "good Samaritan" as reasonable doubt, it's the most underhanded tactic in the book. And if they attempt it in this case, I hope it blows up in their face.

    Defense lawyers need to remember that they are human too--and someday it could be their loved one who is murdered or missing. If they continue to cause these good Samaritans to cower in fear, who will dare to come forward in the future?
    I agree with you Indigo! That is why this subject has been bothering me that someone may be afraid call LE & a missing child/adult could end up missing forever! Roy Kronk should also be discussed Indigo & everyone I just don't want to see this turn into a bash fest against him...but to praise him for his efforts in never giving up in finding Caylee. She could still be laying in the woods thrown out like trash. The blame should be going all on KC for her being thrown away like trash not Roy! He is Caylee's Angel & Hero in my eyes! Just don't bash RK for his past just like MADJGNLAW posted "We all have some type of skeleton in our closets."

    This could save someone in the future if support for doing the right thing could be shown to hero's like Roy!
    <div style=text-align: center;><a href=http://www.websleuths.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=605&pictureid=4615 target=_blank>http://www.websleuths.com/forums/pic...pictureid=4615</a></div>
    Angels around us, angels beside us, angels within us. Angels are watching over you when times are good or stressed. Their wings wrap gently around you, whispering you are loved and blessed.
    -- Angel Blessing

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    848
    I have reported crimes--thankfully NOT missing children! Most recently, I called state police to report a blue container similar to those described in the Stacy Peterson case that I noticed near water along my walking path. I live in the same area, and after the call, had a number of drive-bys by some of the **** principals in the case. I just changed my routine, kept my ferocious (not!) bodyguard (to the left and above ) with me, and rode it out.

    I also have let authorities know where a fugitive was staying, and let them know where a family member they wanted to arrest could be found.

    Not easy, any of it--but necessary.

    If MY child were missing, it wouldn't matter one iota if I were told not to notify police--5 seconds would not elapse before I called.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    1,337
    Quote Originally Posted by Angel Who Cares View Post
    I agree with you Indigo! That is why this subject has been bothering me that someone may be afraid call LE & a missing child/adult could end up missing forever!
    I removed part of my original post because I didn't want to be offensive to some of our Defense people. (I respect that they have an important job to do) I do believe this tactic should be off limits.

  10. #10
    Angel Who Cares's Avatar
    Angel Who Cares is offline If you seek an angel with an open heart, you shall always find one.
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Downriver Area, Michigan
    Posts
    22,927
    Years ago my dad saw a man carrying a little girl aprox. 3yrs old into an abandoned barn with a camera....He pulled right over got out of the car with my mother in it....sent her to my sisters to call LE. My dad went to the barn & the man claimed he was just there to take pictures of her (he claimed that it was his neice) in the barn.

    My dad told him I don't care this dosen't look right & made him put the camera down. My dad stayed until LE came to check out the guys story. He wasn't an uncle but a friend of the family. Her family had no idea that he took her to do this. If my dad didn't stop that day she could have ended up among the many missing still to this day!
    Last edited by Angel Who Cares; 01-21-2009 at 10:08 AM. Reason: typo coffee please!
    <div style=text-align: center;><a href=http://www.websleuths.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=605&pictureid=4615 target=_blank>http://www.websleuths.com/forums/pic...pictureid=4615</a></div>
    Angels around us, angels beside us, angels within us. Angels are watching over you when times are good or stressed. Their wings wrap gently around you, whispering you are loved and blessed.
    -- Angel Blessing


  11. #11
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    3,581
    The last time I reported a crime, the (Keystone) cops acted like I was senile or something. A few weeks later I found out that not one but two of my neighbors had witnessed the same crime and did not attempt to report it!

  12. #12
    Angel Who Cares's Avatar
    Angel Who Cares is offline If you seek an angel with an open heart, you shall always find one.
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Downriver Area, Michigan
    Posts
    22,927
    Quote Originally Posted by Indigo View Post
    I removed part of my original post because I didn't want to be offensive to some of our Defense people. (I respect that they have an important job to do) I do believe this tactic should be off limits.
    It would be fine to hear opinions from all sides...my main worry was that this isn't about bashing Roy for doing the right thing but to look at all aspects when someone reports a crime/evidence/a possible sighting of a missing child or adult! You were fine with your comment Indigo!

    I hope this makes sense I still need more coffee yet! LOL
    <div style=text-align: center;><a href=http://www.websleuths.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=605&pictureid=4615 target=_blank>http://www.websleuths.com/forums/pic...pictureid=4615</a></div>
    Angels around us, angels beside us, angels within us. Angels are watching over you when times are good or stressed. Their wings wrap gently around you, whispering you are loved and blessed.
    -- Angel Blessing

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    7,943
    Yes, I would still report a crime or anything suspicious to the police. Some might be unwilling to get involved for whatever reasons, I can understand that. But around here, LE takes things seriously enough and they do not announce your ID unless they have to, to make it worthwhile.
    I haven't read too much about RK being suspicious or being involved... what I have read is a lot of questions about the circumstances surrounding him finding the remains, and I think that would be normal. But if that deters people from calling in tips or reporting things, then those people wouldn't be much help anyway. Much of LE's job of gathering clues and evidence is done by talking to people.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Dana Point,CA
    Posts
    52,752
    I disagree. I don't think this will have negative effect on the type of people that are inclined to get involved anyway. This is nothing new.

  15. #15
    Angel Who Cares's Avatar
    Angel Who Cares is offline If you seek an angel with an open heart, you shall always find one.
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Downriver Area, Michigan
    Posts
    22,927
    Quote Originally Posted by JBean View Post
    I disagree. I don't think this will have negative effect on the type of people that are inclined to get involved anyway. This is nothing new.
    Just as my dad felt he didn't care one way or another he got involved (post above)& waited for LE to handle the situation.

    I have heard many times though in high crime areas where many turn & look the other way. They are more afraid of being harmed by the offenders friends in the area & ignore the cries for help. Too many end up a victim for speaking out in those type of crimes in gang areas! When LE comes looking for witnesses they are afraid to say what they saw or heard due to the gangs in the area.
    OK I have to get that coffee now cause I'm not too sure this post makes sense! LOL
    <div style=text-align: center;><a href=http://www.websleuths.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=605&pictureid=4615 target=_blank>http://www.websleuths.com/forums/pic...pictureid=4615</a></div>
    Angels around us, angels beside us, angels within us. Angels are watching over you when times are good or stressed. Their wings wrap gently around you, whispering you are loved and blessed.
    -- Angel Blessing

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast


Similar Threads

  1. Texas Equusearch - Report a person missing
    By imamaze in forum Organizations that can help
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 03-03-2011, 10:55 AM
  2. Replies: 16
    Last Post: 09-10-2010, 07:44 AM
  3. Missing person report {link-reference only}
    By PFF in forum Missing Archives
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-31-2010, 07:42 AM