Would You Be Afraid To Report A Crime/Evidence/Missing Person?

Would You be afraid to report a crime/evidence/missing person

• I would call LE ASAP

Votes: 121 88.3%
  • I would look the other way

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • It would depend if it is a crime/evidence/or a missing person sighting

Votes: 16 11.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Angel Who Cares

If you seek an angel with an open heart, you shall
Reaction score
If people keep attacking Roy Kronk will the next person who sees a crime/evidence/missing person etc. will they walk away afraid they will be accused of being involved?

It's sad that some try to accuse him (RK) of being involved when he was only doing what you or myself would do. If people keep attacking him the next person who sees a crime/evidence/missing person etc. will walk away afraid they will be accused of being involved.

Imagine if he had given up double checking on what he knew & thought he seen in Aug.. Caylee could still be laying there thrown out like trash. KC smirking sitting in her room (cell) thinking she might just get away with murdering her own beautiful daughter.

It could stop someone from reporting even a minor crime or if they think they see something & a missing person could end up never being found.

Post #348
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=3196526&postcount=348

I wouldn't hesitate to report a crime unless I felt my family would be at risk by the criminals. I would think the only people who would be afraid to report a crime etc. would be those who have a history or current something they are afraid may surface, or if they felt that the criminal may come after them.

It's a shame that Kronk is being crucified for coming forward.

This case is so twisted I just don't know who to trust anymore. As for Roy K. I am so grateful to him for following his intuitions and bringing Caylee to the surface. I do feel that others may in the future walk away from situations like this due to the accusation's floating around about Roy. I know I would not be afraid to step up and report anything, if there is nothing to hide then there is nothing to fear in eyes. But, I do agree that most will not want to put them self in the situation that Roy is in now. All because he found Caylee's remains. I think that LE would know better than any rumor what his involvement is in this case. We all have some type of skeleton in our closets. So, he owes back child support and had problems in a previous relationship. I don't think those are grounds for accusing him of any wrong doing. But that is just my opinion and I do agree that in the future other's will turn their head the other way in a case like this.

aksleuth Posted this comment after I posted my thoughts about this in the astro thread for Caylee! I hope you don't mind me adding your thoughts here aksleuth! :blowkiss:

I agree about Roy Kronk. He should be praised, not persecuted. Have you ever seen such nonsense!
Btw, speaking of heroics, a woman was murdered on the street in my city this weekend. Two of her killers were caught because their mothers called police saying the composite sketches shown on TV were their sons. They called at different times. Those two moms had the courage to do the right thing. We should all be as courageous. So like Roy, there are other angels in this world.

If people keep attacking Roy Kronk will the next person who sees a crime/evidence/missing person etc. will they walk away afraid they will be accused of being involved?

It's sad that some try to accuse him (RK) of being involved when he was only doing what you or myself would do. If people keep attacking him the next person who sees a crime/evidence/missing person etc. will walk away afraid they will be accused of being involved.

Imagine if he had given up double checking on what he knew & thought he seen in Aug.. Caylee could still be laying there thrown out like trash. KC smirking sitting in her room (cell) thinking she might just get away with murdering her own beautiful daughter.

It could stop someone from reporting even a minor crime or if they think they see something & a missing person could end up never being found.

Great question, Angel Who Cares. I know I'd be afraid, but I wouldn't allow it to stop me--especially if the crime involved a child. I can totally understand why some people are just too afraid to get involved.

Originally Posted by Lovejac
Angel, I just had a thought. You should copy your fabulous post above to Caylee's Forum, I think it even deserves its own thread, it is so wonderful!

Might be helpful to some of us to get some insight from our awesome lawyers on this site.

Thank You Lovejac! I would love to get insight from everyone not just people in the legal field too! This is not a thread to bash PK but on the subject of being afraid to call LE in fear of having yourself being put under a microscope! Thank You Everyone In Advance To Stay On Topic. :blowkiss:

Great question, Angel Who Cares. I know I'd be afraid, but I wouldn't allow it to stop me--especially if the crime involved a child. I can totally understand why some people are just too afraid to get involved.

IMO, when the Defense uses the pivotal "good Samaritan" as reasonable doubt, it's the most underhanded tactic in the book. And if they attempt it in this case, I hope it blows up in their face.

Defense lawyers need to remember that they are human too--and someday it could be their loved one who is murdered or missing. If they continue to cause these good Samaritans to cower in fear, who will dare to come forward in the future?

I agree with you Indigo! That is why this subject has been bothering me that someone may be afraid call LE & a missing child/adult could end up missing forever! Roy Kronk should also be discussed Indigo & everyone I just don't want to see this turn into a bash fest against him...but to praise him for his efforts in never giving up in finding Caylee. She could still be laying in the woods thrown out like trash. The blame should be going all on KC for her being thrown away like trash not Roy! He is Caylee's Angel & Hero in my eyes! Just don't bash RK for his past just like MADJGNLAW posted "We all have some type of skeleton in our closets."

This could save someone in the future if support for doing the right thing could be shown to hero's like Roy!

I have reported crimes--thankfully NOT missing children! Most recently, I called state police to report a blue container similar to those described in the Stacy Peterson case that I noticed near water along my walking path. I live in the same area, and after the call, had a number of drive-bys by some of the principals in the case. I just changed my routine, kept my ferocious (not!) bodyguard (to the left and above :) ) with me, and rode it out.

I also have let authorities know where a fugitive was staying, and let them know where a family member they wanted to arrest could be found.

Not easy, any of it--but necessary.

If MY child were missing, it wouldn't matter one iota if I were told not to notify police--5 seconds would not elapse before I called.

I agree with you Indigo! That is why this subject has been bothering me that someone may be afraid call LE & a missing child/adult could end up missing forever!

I removed part of my original post because I didn't want to be offensive to some of our Defense people. (I respect that they have an important job to do) I do believe this tactic should be off limits.

Years ago my dad saw a man carrying a little girl aprox. 3yrs old into an abandoned barn with a camera....He pulled right over got out of the car with my mother in it....sent her to my sisters to call LE. My dad went to the barn & the man claimed he was just there to take pictures of her (he claimed that it was his neice) in the barn.

My dad told him I don't care this dosen't look right & made him put the camera down. My dad stayed until LE came to check out the guys story. He wasn't an uncle but a friend of the family. Her family had no idea that he took her to do this. If my dad didn't stop that day she could have ended up among the many missing still to this day!

The last time I reported a crime, the (Keystone) cops acted like I was senile or something. A few weeks later I found out that not one but two of my neighbors had witnessed the same crime and did not attempt to report it!

I removed part of my original post because I didn't want to be offensive to some of our Defense people. (I respect that they have an important job to do) I do believe this tactic should be off limits.

It would be fine to hear opinions from all sides...my main worry was that this isn't about bashing Roy for doing the right thing but to look at all aspects when someone reports a crime/evidence/a possible sighting of a missing child or adult! You were fine with your comment Indigo! :blowkiss:

I hope this makes sense I still need more coffee yet! LOL :crazy:

Yes, I would still report a crime or anything suspicious to the police. Some might be unwilling to get involved for whatever reasons, I can understand that. But around here, LE takes things seriously enough and they do not announce your ID unless they have to, to make it worthwhile.
I haven't read too much about RK being suspicious or being involved... what I have read is a lot of questions about the circumstances surrounding him finding the remains, and I think that would be normal. But if that deters people from calling in tips or reporting things, then those people wouldn't be much help anyway. Much of LE's job of gathering clues and evidence is done by talking to people.

I disagree. I don't think this will have negative effect on the type of people that are inclined to get involved anyway. This is nothing new.

I disagree. I don't think this will have negative effect on the type of people that are inclined to get involved anyway. This is nothing new.

Just as my dad felt he didn't care one way or another he got involved (post above)& waited for LE to handle the situation.

I have heard many times though in high crime areas where many turn & look the other way. They are more afraid of being harmed by the offenders friends in the area & ignore the cries for help. Too many end up a victim for speaking out in those type of crimes in gang areas! When LE comes looking for witnesses they are afraid to say what they saw or heard due to the gangs in the area.
OK I have to get that coffee now cause I'm not too sure this post makes sense! LOL

Should I have added a poll to this thread?
If so how do I do it now? Do I just edit my first post to include one?
TIA
:angel:

P.S. I'll be right back in about 1/2hr I'm taking my aunt for a monthly errand!

Given where I live (DC/Baltimore area) and how often the word "snitch" is taken seriously, and how retaliation by gang members is common: I would try to be anonymous if I knew something or had witnessed a crime. I wouldn't turn a blind eye to it... I would report it, but I'll be damned if I would give my name. Case in point: the poor family that was murdered for trying to make a difference in their community.

http://www.visioncircle.org/archive/003902.html

Just as my dad felt he didn't care one way or another he got involved (post above)& waited for LE to handle the situation.

I have heard many times though in high crime areas where many turn & look the other way. They are more afraid of being harmed by the offenders friends in the area & ignore the cries for help. Too many end up a victim for speaking out in those type of crimes in gang areas! When LE comes looking for witnesses they are afraid to say what they saw or heard due to the gangs in the area.
OK I have to get that coffee now cause I'm not too sure this post makes sense! LOL

Your dad is a true hero, Angel Who Cares. And the Angel doesn't fall far from the tree.:) I have a personal reason to be thankful for people like your dad, because I had a similar near abduction experience at 3 years old. If a good Samaritan had not intervened I would not be alive today. (perp is long dead and gone) And I have (obviously) lived on to make a lot of noise! LOL.

So please people, be brave. Trust your gut instinct and report suspicious behavior. You may save a life. I know.

To Angel's dad:

:blowkiss:

Should I have added a poll to this thread?
If so how do I do it now? Do I just edit my first post to include one?
TIA
:angel:

P.S. I'll be right back in about 1/2hr I'm taking my aunt for a monthly errand!
I can add a poll for you. just list out your question and options .bbl.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Greer∆
Back