Identified! FL - Palm Beach Co., Human remains in steel box, Apr'08 - Francisco Cuevas

Tonia

Reaction score
This case had been bugging me. I cant find any updates or anything about it as long as it has been. I know there are some really great people on here that might could possibly find out more then i can so i want to post this.

Here's the story..

Crime scene tape is still left up at the site where a box of body parts was found. A human head and other body parts found welded into a metal box discarded off the Beeline highway may have enough tissue for a thorough forensic examination.

And whomever meticulously sealed the airtight container, may have sealed evidence inside, evidence that could come back to haunt them.

"It was someone getting rid of human remains they hoped never would be found”, says Tony Mead a 30 year veteran of work in the forensics field.

"They took steps by welding the box shut meant to hide everything; they may have preserved evidence to a certain extent."

Workers cutting down brush along the rural stretch of road pierced the container Wednesday morning and were overwhelmed by the smell.

Though it will be impossible to determine how long the body parts have been there, it is considered the result of a recent crime.

"We have tissue to work with and we will do dental tests" says Mead.

"We want to know who this is, who did it, and somehow bring closure to the victim's family"

If you have any information, you are urged to call Crime Stoppers at (800) 458-TIPS, and remain anonymous.

This is the only update i can find and it was in April after it happened:

http://www.palmbeachpost.com/localne...10remains.html

9 months later still nothing?...

The link is no longer working-does anyone remember if this is male or female remains??

Im looking,all i found so far is 2 articles and neither say male or female.

I cant find anything but those two articles and all they state is that a box was found with human remains. No further details and this was in April.

Listed at namus!! Male!

Case Information
UDRS Number: 2244
Case Number: 08-0432
NCIC Number: N/A
Date Found: 2008-04-08 09:29:00
Date Entered: 2008-07-23 08:55:00
Date Modified: 2008-07-24 04:38:00

Address Found: 8299 N Jog Rd/B-Line Hwy
Palm Beach Gardens, FL
Palm Beach County

Demographics and Circumstances
Estimated Age: Adult - Pre 60
Minimum Age: 45 years
Maximum Age: 65 years
Race: White
Ethnicity: N/A
Sex: Male
Weight (lbs.): 0, N/A
Height (inch): 0, N/A
Condition: Partial Remains
Probable Year of Death: 0
Est. Postmortem Interval: N/A N/A
DNA Profile Status: N/A
Circumstances of Death: Head, torso, foot found in metal rectangular box welded shut.
Body Details
Skeletal Findings: Healed Fractures present on both nasal bones and the nasal septum is deviated toward the left. Several skeletal elements exhibit sharp force trama consistent with postmortem dismemberment.
Body Parts Inventory: Limbs Not Recovered, Hands Not Recovered

Fingerprint Classification
RT N/A

Clothing, Hair, Eyes
Clothing On Body: white sock Jewelry: earing- white metal
Head Hair: black Eye Color: brown

Dental Summary: One or More Teeth Present, Filling or Crown Present, Upper Jaw Present, Lower Jaw Present

https://identifyus.org/report.php?p=individual&i=2244

A sketch made of the remains.

47841076.jpg

Tonia, my unprofessional response to the sketch is that he is either of caucasian or of Hispanic racial make up.

There of course is always a possiblity of exception but since his race is unknown I just wanted to post that response for those that are looking to make a match.

To be honest, my first reaction was he is Latino. Perhaps Cuban or Cuban American.

Just my honest opinion.

ETA: Since he has dental work to include a crown, I wonder if they can determine if the dental work was done within the USA?

The first one they made for him above says white but the article i read today says latino.

Exams by medical examiners, anthropologists and forensics experts still have not put a name on the corpse. But now the Latino male between 45-65 has a face, sketched by Palm Beach County Sheriff' Office Forensic Artist Paul Moody.

http://www.miamiherald.com/news/broward/story/1137686.html

Thank you Tonia, then my gut instinct was correct for this man.

In the article you linked they state that they had some "skin and hair" IIRC, the hair can sometimes be used to determine where the deceased might have lived prior to death (I know that the bones are sometimes used to determine this). I'll have to look that process up at a later date.

So from what I've read the LE can use the dental work, the hair (possibly).

The description of how this man was dismembered and the fact that he was found in a metal box welded shut (do I have those facts straight?). Leads me to form the opinion that this was not a rage murder and then dismemberment. My thoughts are that this may have involved an subculture of perhaps drugs, organized criminal activity (I don't mean the mafia LOL, I'm thinking more of groups of ppl that this man may have been associated with such as: small local gangs,~not large ones, that may include motorcycle clubs, loosely organized drug distribution at a street level, etc...)

I think the identity of this man can be found IMHO. I would also look within the Cuban community for his friends, and relatives to obtain his name.

Thank you for following this case. I am a family member of his. We are glad to have some closure. He was missing since Nov. 2007. He is a native of Buffalo, NY. And yes he is latino...to be more specific he is Puerto Rican. He was 47 when he went missing so he would have been 49 now. We received word on 7-10-09 that there was a positive match for his DNA and dental records. The sketch does not look like him but thanx to the artist who tried. We are not sure of why this happend but what the reply says about the drug dealers is our guess also. He left behind 4 children. He was a good man. Not sure what he was doing lately because he had moved to Fl a while ago. But he did keep in contact. And last but not the least..His name- Frankie Cuevas.

Thank you again.

PS: I would appreciate hearing any responses to my info.

Thank you for following this case. I am a family member of his. We are glad to have some closure. He was missing since Nov. 2007. He is a native of Buffalo, NY. And yes he is latino...to be more specific he is Puerto Rican. He was 47 when he went missing so he would have been 49 now. We received word on 7-10-09 that there was a positive match for his DNA and dental records. The sketch does not look like him but thanx to the artist who tried. We are not sure of why this happend but what the reply says about the drug dealers is our guess also. He left behind 4 children. He was a good man. Not sure what he was doing lately because he had moved to Fl a while ago. But he did keep in contact. And last but not the least..His name- Frankie Cuevas.

Thank you again.

Hi ninichink,

Welcome to WS. I'm very sorry for your loss and very sad for his four children. It must have been awful for all of you this last 2 years not knowing where he was. I hope it will help in a small way to have a little closure though I'm sure you still have lots of questions.

If you find out any more information about what actually happened I hope you will let us know. I'm sure all those who have been following the case would be interested.

When you say he went missing in Nov. '07, do you mean that was your last contact, or that you'all were aware he was actually missing at that point? Perhaps you meant that if he hadn't contacted you, that that meant something had to be wrong?

Hope you don't mind my questions, and, again, I am very sorry for you and the rest of his family. It must be very hard for all of you.

Carrie

Thank you again.

I'm so sorry for your loss ninichink. I'm so sorry that someone did this terrible thing to your family member. :hug:

Rest in Peace Frankie. Prayers for your children.

Off Topic~ I have been married to a PR from NYC for the last 16 yrs. We have three children together. Even though you thought the sketch was not a likeness of Frankie, I could see after looking in the face of my Husband and our children everyday that he was Latino.

May angels wrap their arms around your family at this time and may justice for Frankie's murder be swift.

Francisco Cuevas has been identified by dental records please keep the family in prayer during this difficult time.
Thank you
nk

PALM BEACH GARDENS - Palm Beach Gardens police are asking the public for help in identifying a severed head that was found in April 2008.
The head was discovered over a year ago near Bee Line Highway and Jog Road where contractors clearing plants came across a steel box.
When authorities opened it, there were human remains inside.
The remains included a skull, pieces of the torso and shoulder and a left foot. A Palm Beach County Sheriff's Office forensic artist completed a facial reconstruction of the skull that offers clues to the victim's identity.
The victim was a Latino male about 45 to 65 with short hair, a deviated septum stemming from a possible broken nose in the past and dominant brows. He also had a front tooth that overlapped the other and wore a hoop earring.
Anyone with information on this case is asked to contact Det. Sgt. Richard Geist at 561-799-4555 or Crime Stoppers at 1-800-458-8477.

CUE Center for Missing Persons
PO Box 12714
Wilmington, NC 28405
(910) 343-1131
(910) 232-1687
cuecenter@aol.com
www.ncmissingpersons.org

So glad that he has been identified and now this family can have some closure. My heart breaks for the children. Ever since i heard about the case and the way he was dismembered it really bugged me and i wanted this man to have a name so bad because i knew somewhere out there he had a family. My prayers go out to this family and especially the children. RIP-Frankie.

This is a sad time for the family, but gives them some answers and alittle bit of closure........

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zipperoni
Back