649 users online (77 members and 572 guests)  

The Killing Season - Websleuths

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast

"The last time I 'saw' my daughter"

I always thought it was strange the way Casey tells the police in her recorded interview about the last time "I saw her" and "Zenaida was the last person I saw my daughter with." She constantly says that she saw Caylee. I mean, if she brought Caylee to Zenaida's, then she brought her there - she didn't see her there. Know what I mean?

I can't quite put my finger on it. I just would never say "I saw my child." I'd say that I had him, he was with me, etc.

Am I the only one who thinks this?

Quote Originally Posted by eg@gm View Post
    I always thought it was strange the way Casey tells the police in her recorded interview about the last time "I saw her" and "Zenaida was the last person I saw my daughter with." She constantly says that she saw Caylee. I mean, if she brought Caylee to Zenaida's, then she brought her there - she didn't see her there. Know what I mean?

I can't quite put my finger on it. I just would never say "I saw my child." I'd say that I had him, he was with me, etc.

personally don't think I would even be coherent if I were the one talking....I would be a basket case and then some..half of what she says I question...like wth??????
    jmo

Yeah, it sounds rehearsed to me. She repeated it so many times it was like she was trying to convince herself.

What bothered me more was that her actual quotes are the "last time I seen my daughter" and the "last person I seen with my daughter"--makes me go back to the JVM idea that KC becomes Zanni when she is doing things she doesn't like to do.

There's a lot of verb tense change in her statement to police.

ETA: Would not be surprised if LE has had a LSAT expert(LINGUISTIC STATEMENT ANALYSIS TECHNIQUE) analyze her written statements.
    YOU are the ring-master of your own circus.

JMOO

To me, the way Casey talks is like she is in an episode of CSI, she's playing a roll and talking the way she thinks a person would talk. Nothing that comes out of her mouth is real.

VB
    Boyfriends and girlfriends are not Babysitters.
    Just because you want to be with somebody does not mean they will take care of your children.

Here inconsistencies on how long she says she has know her are numerous. In her text with Iasson she says she has known her for 6 years, that would mean she must have gone to high school with her because she would have to have been 16 when she met her. She tells investigators she has known her for about 4 years. Which is it? We all know she is not real because if like she told investigators she had been taking care of her for 2 years there would be some form of communication with her. Here supposed work schedule was an odd one so that would lead an investigator to believe she would have more contact than one would have with their sitter if they worked 8-5. She would need to say hey I am working tonight or from 11-4 I will bring her over at X time. I know this is irrelevant, but I don't see that the defense is going to stick with this story they have no evidence to back up she really existed.

I don't know how she maintained composure long enough to say ANYTHING. If this were my daughter, half of what I would say would be unrecognizable as an English word due to the hysterics I would be in.

That being said, my toddler wandered off in my house while I was washing something in the sink. Panic made me freeze momentarily and then run through out the entire house like a mad woman, only to start crying a bit... and then finding her in the dog bed. I mean, only for a moment was my child somewhere I was unsure and I was overwhelmed with panic.

This woman is truely something.
    "any time, any place, the super sleuths are on the case...." - My friends Tigger and Pooh

No, you're not the only one questioning Casey's choice of words. I think the way she phrases the "last time I saw" is a way for her to distance herself from the last moments she had with Caylee. Those moments could and probably were the time of Caylee's passing.
    Casey's choice of words are akward. You're not alone in those feelings.
    The Hokey Pokey Clinic - A good place to turn yourself around:

Zoe Bogart is offline Let's not ask for the Moon, we have the Stars

It's not so much the word "saw" but how she says it, like she's careful to put it that way so it wouldn't seem as though she was lying. Ironic, I know, but that's what it sounds like to me. Considering her track record, I'm thinking she had a lot of practice doing word play with her lies over the years. I re-listened to her Universal interrogation this morning. Man, if she didn't crack with those cops hounding her, she'll never crack. She's one stone-hard evil b*tch.

azwriter, I nearly choked when I enlarged your avatar and saw it clearer. Sister Mary Wanna. OMG. ROTFL
    My brain is copyright-protected.
    Please pardon any typos. I'm a lousy typist and an even worse proofreader.

Big Brother and the Thought Police have arrived
    1984 by George Orwell (1949)

All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.

She's also inconsistant with her other "co-workers" current status-first they still work at Universal---then they moved away a few months ago. She just segways right off the exit ramp onto another highway and the cops follow her along. It was very confusing to me at first bc the media would give snippets from two different interviews and I kept thinking "Why are they still talking about her job when they are at Universal and know the job is bogus??". Even after I separated the snippets, I was shocked at how much they let her split and merge. I wonder ho the interview would've gone if they'd set up road blocks at every lie.

Quote Originally Posted by aksleuth View Post
    It's not so much the word "saw" but how she says it, like she's careful to put it that way so it wouldn't seem as though she was lying. Ironic, I know, but that's what it sounds like to me. Considering her track record, I'm thinking she had a lot of practice doing word play with her lies over the years.
    Yeah, and the way she is careful not to answer the question "So Zanny took your daughter?" (paraphrasing here), and she won't just answer "yes" or "no". She makes it a point to say "She's the last person I saw my daughter with".

That's always bugged me.

The truest love there is

Zoe Bogart is offline Let's not ask for the Moon, we have the Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by StickPoint View Post
    I don't know how she maintained composure long enough to say ANYTHING. If this were my daughter, half of what I would say would be unrecognizable as an English word due to the hysterics I would be in.

That being said, my toddler wandered off in my house while I was washing something in the sink. Panic made me freeze momentarily and then run through out the entire house like a mad woman, only to start crying a bit... and then finding her in the dog bed. I mean, only for a moment was my child somewhere I was unsure and I was overwhelmed with panic.

This woman is truely something.

Oh but remember, her child wasn't missing. She knew where she was the "entire time" (in KC's words). Absolutely.
    My brain is copyright-protected.
    Please pardon any typos. I'm a lousy typist and an even worse proofreader.

Big Brother and the Thought Police have arrived
    1984 by George Orwell (1949)

All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.

I think she uses the terms "saw" and "seen" because the last time she was with Caylee, Caylee was already deceased. That is how her brain has worked around that.

MsMacGyver

I agree..This interview has always bothered me also. There is an old thread where someone analyzed this conversation and came up with some interesting observations such as the fact that KC was speaking in the present tense which points to the idea she was telling a story rather than the truth..I have a list of comments that really stuck out to me in this interview..

The last time I seen my daughter..
    Regardless of how it happened...
    Still allow my daughter to be with someone else..

Not to mention the big words KC used in the wrong context such as she had a perspective on where she could be. KC never seems to change her voice pattern except when she showed an attitude with one of the detectives..that's what I said, yes..
    She reminds me so much of S. Peterson, always in control.
    It is interesting to go back and listen to some of the interviews now that Caylee has been found and where..

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast