"The last time I 'saw' my daughter"

eg@gm

Reaction score
I always thought it was strange the way Casey tells the police in her recorded interview about the last time "I saw her" and "Zenaida was the last person I saw my daughter with." She constantly says that she saw Caylee. I mean, if she brought Caylee to Zenaida's, then she brought her there - she didn't see her there. Know what I mean?

I can't quite put my finger on it. I just would never say "I saw my child." I'd say that I had him, he was with me, etc.

Am I the only one who thinks this?

I always thought it was strange the way Casey tells the police in her recorded interview about the last time "I saw her" and "Zenaida was the last person I saw my daughter with." She constantly says that she saw Caylee. I mean, if she brought Caylee to Zenaida's, then she brought her there - she didn't see her there. Know what I mean?

I can't quite put my finger on it. I just would never say "I saw my child." I'd say that I had him, he was with me, etc.

personally don't think I would even be coherent if I were the one talking....I would be a basket case and then some..half of what she says I question...like wth?????? :waitasec::waitasec::furious:

Yeah, it sounds rehearsed to me. She repeated it so many times it was like she was trying to convince herself.

What bothered me more was that her actual quotes are the "last time I seen my daughter" and the "last person I seen with my daughter"--makes me go back to the JVM idea that KC becomes Zanni when she is doing things she doesn't like to do.

There's a lot of verb tense change in her statement to police.

ETA: Would not be surprised if LE has had a LSAT expert(LINGUISTIC STATEMENT ANALYSIS TECHNIQUE) analyze her written statements.

To me, the way Casey talks is like she is in an episode of CSI, she's playing a roll and talking the way she thinks a person would talk. Nothing that comes out of her mouth is real.

VB

Here inconsistencies on how long she says she has know her are numerous. In her text with Iasson she says she has known her for 6 years, that would mean she must have gone to high school with her because she would have to have been 16 when she met her. She tells investigators she has known her for about 4 years. Which is it? We all know she is not real because if like she told investigators she had been taking care of her for 2 years there would be some form of communication with her. Here supposed work schedule was an odd one so that would lead an investigator to believe she would have more contact than one would have with their sitter if they worked 8-5. She would need to say hey I am working tonight or from 11-4 I will bring her over at X time. I know this is irrelevant, but I don't see that the defense is going to stick with this story they have no evidence to back up she really existed.

I don't know how she maintained composure long enough to say ANYTHING. If this were my daughter, half of what I would say would be unrecognizable as an English word due to the hysterics I would be in.

That being said, my toddler wandered off in my house while I was washing something in the sink. Panic made me freeze momentarily and then run through out the entire house like a mad woman, only to start crying a bit... and then finding her in the dog bed. I mean, only for a moment was my child somewhere I was unsure and I was overwhelmed with panic.

This woman is truely something.

No, you're not the only one questioning Casey's choice of words. I think the way she phrases the "last time I saw" is a way for her to distance herself from the last moments she had with Caylee. Those moments could and probably were the time of Caylee's passing.
Casey's choice of words are akward. You're not alone in those feelings.

It's not so much the word "saw" but how she says it, like she's careful to put it that way so it wouldn't seem as though she was lying. Ironic, I know, but that's what it sounds like to me. Considering her track record, I'm thinking she had a lot of practice doing word play with her lies over the years. I re-listened to her Universal interrogation this morning. Man, if she didn't crack with those cops hounding her, she'll never crack. She's one stone-hard evil b*tch.

azwriter, I nearly choked when I enlarged your avatar and saw it clearer. Sister Mary Wanna. OMG. ROTFL

She's also inconsistant with her other "co-workers" current status-first they still work at Universal---then they moved away a few months ago. She just segways right off the exit ramp onto another highway and the cops follow her along. It was very confusing to me at first bc the media would give snippets from two different interviews and I kept thinking "Why are they still talking about her job when they are at Universal and know the job is bogus??". Even after I separated the snippets, I was shocked at how much they let her split and merge. I wonder ho the interview would've gone if they'd set up road blocks at every lie.

It's not so much the word "saw" but how she says it, like she's careful to put it that way so it wouldn't seem as though she was lying. Ironic, I know, but that's what it sounds like to me. Considering her track record, I'm thinking she had a lot of practice doing word play with her lies over the years.

Yeah, and the way she is careful not to answer the question "So Zanny took your daughter?" (paraphrasing here), and she won't just answer "yes" or "no". She makes it a point to say "She's the last person I saw my daughter with".

That's always bugged me.

I don't know how she maintained composure long enough to say ANYTHING. If this were my daughter, half of what I would say would be unrecognizable as an English word due to the hysterics I would be in.

That being said, my toddler wandered off in my house while I was washing something in the sink. Panic made me freeze momentarily and then run through out the entire house like a mad woman, only to start crying a bit... and then finding her in the dog bed. I mean, only for a moment was my child somewhere I was unsure and I was overwhelmed with panic.

This woman is truely something.

Oh but remember, her child wasn't missing. She knew where she was the "entire time" (in KC's words). Absolutely.

I think she uses the terms "saw" and "seen" because the last time she was with Caylee, Caylee was already deceased. That is how her brain has worked around that.

I agree..This interview has always bothered me also. There is an old thread where someone analyzed this conversation and came up with some interesting observations such as the fact that KC was speaking in the present tense which points to the idea she was telling a story rather than the truth..I have a list of comments that really stuck out to me in this interview..

The last time I seen my daughter..
Regardless of how it happened...
Still allow my daughter to be with someone else..

Not to mention the big words KC used in the wrong context such as she had a perspective on where she could be. KC never seems to change her voice pattern except when she showed an attitude with one of the detectives..that's what I said, yes..
She reminds me so much of S. Peterson, always in control.
It is interesting to go back and listen to some of the interviews now that Caylee has been found and where..

I forgot one more when KC said..If I really wanted to get rid of Caylee. The word really seems like shes saying she did get rid of her. I've always thought maybe it was an accident but as more information comes out I seem to be leaning towards intentional.

I agree..This interview has always bothered me also. There is an old thread where someone analyzed this conversation and came up with some interesting observations such as the fact that KC was speaking in the present tense which points to the idea she was telling a story rather than the truth..I have a list of comments that really stuck out to me in this interview..

Not to mention the big words KC used in the wrong context such as she had a perspective on where she could be. KC never seems to change her voice pattern except when she showed an attitude with one of the detectives..that's what I said, yes..
It is interesting to go back and listen to some of the interviews now that Caylee has been found and where..

Glad this thread was started as this stood out to me from the beginning my mind too. Also mentioned:
"She (Zanny) was the last person I seen my daughter with"

Great post!
My mom is stuck on the "Regardless of how it happened" too. How much more obvious can you get??

It's funny you posted about her voice pattern, I noticed something on NG last night...
My younger (21) sister is, to put it mildly, a pathological liar. One thing that I have noticed about her (my sister) is that her voice pattern does change when she's lying..for lack of a better description, sometimes she gets "sing-songy". Her voice gets more high pitched, like she's trying to "show off". With that being said, it struck me last night when I heard the tape of KC being interrogated by St. Allen (I believe it was him, it was either Melich, Wells, or Allen), and she was talking about when Caylee supposedly called her the day before she was arrested. She describes what Caylee said in the SAME EXACT high pitched, sing-songy voice that I've heard my sister use..."She (Caylee) said "Hi, Mommy", etc.
Her voice pattern doesn't change much, definitely when she's getting an attitude, mainly with Melich in that one interrogation, and also at that one point of the tape.

Liar. :furious:

Not to mention the big words KC used in the wrong context such as she had a perspective on where she could be. KC never seems to change her voice pattern except when she showed an attitude with one of the detectives..that's what I said, yes..She reminds me so much of S. Peterson, always in control.

I have always been amazed at the monotonous tone of KC's voice in this interview. Other than the one spark of irritation that you mention, she sounded bored to tears through the whole interview. If she was putting so much effort into this wild story, why wouldn't she have attempted to sound distraught over her missing daughter? Because as a sociopath she didn't know she should do that?

The other thing that has always bothered me - last seen on June 9th? Obviously this is what she told CA after the trip home from AL's, which is why CA started off with that date, but why did KC pick that date? I have no answer to that yet. Was that the date that she saw the wrongfully accused ZG at Sawgrass?

I think LE have taken some undeserved slack over their interviewing skills. I believe they deliberately let her tell lie after lie, without calling her on them at the time. They were hoping for a slip that they could grab on to and find Caylee alive, even though they already sensed she was dead. We have to remember, this was only one day into the investigation.

I agree with all. It has always bothered me the way she said it was the last time she saw her daughter and the line about "regardless of how it happened,". The "regardless" line, IMO, said it all. She caught herself real quick and went into "I will lie, steal, whatever I have to do," as if that made her look like a caring mother. But, gee whiz, KC! You have already lied and stolen! None of that brought Caylee back! Why in the world would it help now? NG replayed the taped interview last night, and I was amazed once again at the patience of LE to just let her ramble on and on, giving her the rope to hang herself with before they came out and let her know that she was busted. Even then, she was as emotionless as the Ice Princess we have all determined her to be. Simply unbelievable! JMO.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
branditau.wareham72@gmail
Back