Issues with JVM 1-21-09

Status
Not open for further replies.
Starting with the doc dump info...

Heart sticker
clothing-different than what GA says she was wearing
duct tape with hair attached at both ends

JB lashes out at media

Fingerprint evidence not released- one of the defense attorneys said that the reason the fingerprint evidence wasn't in the doc dump is because it's not Casey's

I dont' believe that - they are keeping the extremely viable evidence under wraps until trial

Rozzie Franco, WFLA on talking about the duct tape, receipts, etc. they searched for in the A's home. Baez is there to defend his client, wants to establish his integrity (don't laugh), and he won't try this in the media. Says his demeanor is different with the Hispanic reporters. So she asked him, and he said he is their representative and they are coming up to him saying they are impressed with him trying a high-profile case. He said to Univision "when is the last time you saw a case like this."

GROSS

At the very start of the show, JVM said , A movie is already secretly being made. You will hear it when the video goes up.

Fingerprint evidence not released- one of the defense attorneys said that the reason the fingerprint evidence wasn't in the doc dump is because it's not Casey's

I dont' believe that - they are keeping the extremely viable evidence under wraps until trial

OMG!!!! thanks for reporting that. Wow!! Ick!!!

Jayne Weintraub doesn't want to second guess Jose. He's being attacked. He needs a thicker skin. He defended himself.

Well Jayne, you clearly missed Mike G's show! Those defense atty's had no problem second guessing him!!

JW says we have to take him at his word because he's an officer of the court.

I am LMAO!!

I thought Defense was/is entitled to ALL evidence that prosecution has against thier client?? I heard that there could be no suprises during trial, secret evidence etc, is this correct?? TIA!:blowkiss:

I thought Defense was/is entitled to ALL evidence they have against thier client?? I heard that there could be no suprises during trial, secret evidence etc, is this correct?? TIA!:blowkiss:

The defense is entitled to discovery, but I don't think the SA has to release it to the public. That's what I think the poster meant. :waitasec:

JW saying the heart sticker could have been on the duct tape already. WTF??? Dios mio.

I thought Defense was/is entitled to ALL evidence they have against thier client?? I heard that there could be no suprises during trial, secret evidence etc, is this correct?? TIA!:blowkiss:

At the last hearing the state said that the FBI was processing the prints and that those reports were not done yet. He will get a copy of them within the allotted timeframe of when the state gets them. They have to provide anything they are going to use in trial, not everything they have, though they can't withhold exculpatory evidence.

The defense is entitled to discovery, but I don't think the SA has to release it to the public. That's what I think the poster meant. :waitasec:

That is correct - sensitive evidence is not covered under the Sunshine Law

Talking about a movie being made - wasn't there a Laci Peterson movie made either at the end of the trial or right when it was over?

For those who are interested, Greta is suppose to discuss the documents released in the Anthony Case tonight On The Record. Didn't know where to put this and I haven't ever started a thread before. Hope its okay to put it here.....

For those who are interested, Greta is suppose to discuss the documents released in the Anthony Case tonight On The Record. Didn't know where to put this and I haven't ever started a thread before. Hope its okay to put it here.....

LOVE the avatar!

You can start a thread on Greta at showtime if there isn't one up yet. And if there are dupes the mods will merge them!

I just missed most of the last section of the show. Too busy eating ice cream, doing laundry and preparing for work.

I did hear them say a lot of the evidence ties to the A's home, and if the nanny did it, she sure took a lot of stuff with her. *cough cough*

Harvey Levin on. British company making a TV movie already about the case. Just because one movie is made doesn't mean there won't be more.

JVM: Does Son of Sam law apply to lawyers?
HL: it's a slippery slope, lots of ways around it. Look at OJ case

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member