2009.01.21 Document Release: Forensic Evidence

Status
Not open for further replies.

JWG

Reaction score
I wanted to start this thread to focus on the forensic information released in the latest document dump. Most of the latest document dump is concerned with forensics. This includes the OCSO Forensic Section - Report of Crime Scene Investigation; Evidence Submitted to the FBI; FBI Laboratory Report.

This does not include search warrants. Thus the revelation that a heart sticker had once been placed on the duct tape should not be discussed here because there is not a forensic report that describes this finding.

Following is my summary of the highlights from the dump:

Anthony yard / home:

George pointed out an area in his back yard where the soil had been disturbed. This prompted a search of the back yard.

Gerus alerted on three areas in the Anthony back yard. Second cadaver dog alerted on one area consistent with Gerus (playground) and two new areas.

Five areas in the Anthony's backyard were probed. All showed no disturbance to the ground.

Latent prints taken from a number of items in Anthony home.

Shed:

Gas cans and oil pan checked for evidence. None found.

Stuffed animal recovered from shed that Cindy did not recognize
Plastic bag also recovered from shed.

Pontiac:

No DNA found in car stain.
No blood found in car, on clothes, or in home.
No other hairs with decomp found in car.

Pontiac Trash Bag:

No pizza or meat found in bag.

Maggots ands pupae from bag sent to forensic entomologist in Renselaer, Indiana. Analysis results were not in this document dump. After the evidence was analyzed in Indiana it was to be sent to the Body Farm.

Hairs and vegetation were also sent to Renselaer, Indiana.

Baseball cap:

Faded white or pink child's baseball cap found in Wooded area north of Curry Ford Community Park at 3809 Peace Pipe Dr. Has "VIP" - Very Important Princess on cap. Gerus did not alert in this area.

Shovel:

No useful evidence found on shovel borrowed from neighbor. Neighbor's DNA was collected in order to exclude him from any potential samples found on the shovel (none were found).

AL's Jeep:

Vegetation found under AL's vehicle chassis, under the radiator, and in the spare tire well - were sent to a forensic botanist in Gainesville.

No blood found in vehicle.

Numerous hair collected from trunk - no results included in this dump.

Other areas:

Disturbed soil in area near Lee Vista and Goldenrod was examined and small animal bones found.

Child's dress recovered at 1401 East Sandlake Road.

1500 Morristown St. was searched by Gerus and Bones - neither dog alerted. A small yellow bucket with animal remains was found in the disturbed area.

I should add that scrapings from the trunk sample have been submitted for analysis. Reports were not included in the latest dump.

Should I add:

Dirt/soil (specifically mentioned) taken from Pontiac trunk. No test results in dump.
Vegetation taken from under Pontiac. No test results in dump.
Request for DNA comparison of LA and Caylee. No results in dump.

Maybe no such tests were done, I don't know. But these are bits of evidence taken or requested.

The author of one document says that the dry leaves found on the VIP Very Important Princess hat appeared consistent with dry leaves found in vehicle referenced on page 2 of the same document. But page 2 referenced the pontiac and did not mention dry leaves. The search of AL vehicle did mention dry leaves (around pg 12 or something). I'm confused.

You mention some details in your summary that I had not seen yet, like the location where the hat was found, okay off to read it all again. :)

The discussion of AL's jeep in the forensics reports is very confusing. It does seem as if this evidence was collected from his vehicle but look on page 3285 of the document "Evidence sent to FBI" These items came from KC's car.
The discussion of AL's jeep ends with the second paragraph stating no blood evidence was found.

JWG..awesome post as usual. We are not worthy :clap:....lol

My only comment. Forensic evidence released so far did not include any really, incriminating evidence (more like, ok, this was not used, that was not used.) As suspected, this was not a bloody crime (thankfully).

But, again, we have no analysis of items found at the crime scene (or the last 2 search warrants..right?).....hopefully lots more to come (that will tie everything together neatly - against KC)...and hopefully sooner than later.

JWG..awesome post as usual. We are not worthy :clap:....lol

My only comment. Forensic evidence released so far did not include any really, incriminating evidence (more like, ok, this was not used, that was not used.) As suspected, this was not a bloody crime (thankfully).

But, again, we have no analysis of items found at the crime scene (or the last 2 search warrants..right?).....hopefully lots more to come (that will tie everything together neatly - against KC)...and hopefully sooner than later.

Thanks kcaddict,

What I think would be useful is to create a list of the evidence collected and what was either found or not found. For example, we know many more hairs were collected from the car than originally thought, but only the one found early on showed signs of decomp. We know maggots and pupae were collected from the trash bag and sent off for examination, but we do not know what type of examination nor do we know the results.

Even knowing what was not found could be helpful to understanding what did or did not happen. I have seen people speculate that KC put duct tape over Caylee's mouth and toss her in the trunk to die. But, no latent prints were found inside the trunk - and they checked. So the scenario is highly unlikely.

Others have speculated KC killed Caylee in some act of bloody violence, but no blood was detected in the car, house, or on the clothes.

Besides, the reports can be hard to digest and I like simple lists :).

I should add that the stain was tested for DNA by taking a swab sample, and this turned up negative. There is mention in the report that they later took a scraping and submitted that for testing, but the test results are not in this report.

I had a really hard time looking at any of the images that were in the documents. Poor quality on the website I was looking at, a bad scanning job or whatever, most of them showed up as black boxes with various shades of gray. There were a couple images, however, of clothes taken from Casey's closet that showed some significant staining by something that reacted to the stuff they spray on to find stains. After the discussion of the clothes and what they found, the sentence says (paraphrased) "Cynthia Anthony said all these clothes were washed."

I did not see any results for what those stains could have been from. Did I miss it or is this an example of LE showing what tests were done on which things but keeping the results to themselves?

I should add that the stain was tested for DNA by taking a swab sample, and this turned up negative. There is mention in the report that they later took a scraping and submitted that for testing, but the test results are not in this report.

Just to be nitpicky, they tested for blood and it came back negative. I don't believe we have seen a DNA determination made one way or another.

No results on the two pairs of black shoes collected from KC's car.

No results on the shoes listed on the December warrant/s.

No results on the photo albums/digital image disks on the December warrant/s.

No results on the vacuums from the December warrant/s.

No results on the examination of medicines/pharmaceuticals from the December warrant/s.

No results on the examination of duct tape, adhesive tape, bags from the December warrant/s.

But, no latent prints were found inside the trunk - and they checked

WHAT ???

Who's car trunk has no print's in it ??...unless it's been throughly cleaned.

But, no latent prints were found inside the trunk - and they checked

WHAT ???

Who's car trunk has no print's in it ??...unless it's been throughly cleaned.

The Pontiac - no prints inside the trunk. At least one latent print found on outside.

The list of DVD that was taken into evidence. Why DVD's? Unless the A's found them and had never seen them before....when my son was living at home I would not be able to tell you half of what he owned or borrowed from friends and what do they have to do with the eveidence about Caylee anyway. I just don't have a clue. What am I not catching about the DVD's?

The Pontiac - no prints inside the trunk. At least one latent print found on outside.

That's what I meant.....everyone's trunk prolly HAS print's inside.

Sounds to me like the pontiac trunk was throughly cleaned.

I dont know what thread to put this is. I need help in interpreting what im reading.

1. Dr henry Lee first evidence inspection at 1018 Nov 14th
2. 1248 Dr Lee, Mr.Baez and Mr Phlegar left the forensic for lunch
3. Dr Henry Lee second evidence inspection at 1415
4. after the inspection we {LE} found the following trace evidence {3 hairs}
5. Dr. Lee third inspection of the evidence..Dr. Lee found a hair in the trunk
6. 1610 Dr Lee left the office
7. 1740 after dr. lee left, LE conducted a re-inspection of evidence {looks like several more hairs and fibers were found that were not there before.

Im reading it as, after Lee, Baez and Phlegar examined the evidence additional hairs and fibers were found.

starts on page 3205 of LE numbering
http://www.wesh.com/download/2009/0121/18530363.pdf

The list of DVD that was taken into evidence. Why DVD's? Unless the A's found them and had never seen them before....when my son was living at home I would not be able to tell you half of what he owned or borrowed from friends and what do they have to do with the eveidence about Caylee anyway. I just don't have a clue. What am I not catching about the DVD's?

Writable DVD's = storage for files & images, such as pictures and home made videos.

If LE could not find *linking* evidence in the A home, they might be able to find pic's of it.

example.....the blanket...(had Caylee's room been changed) there are pic's of it done in the 'Winnie Pooh' theme.

I dont know what thread to put this is. I need help in interpreting what im reading.

1. Dr henry Lee first evidence inspection at 1018 Nov 14th
2. 1248 Dr Lee, Mr.Baez and Mr Phlegar left the forensic for lunch
3. Dr Henry Lee second evidence inspection at 1415
4. after the inspection we {LE} found the following trace evidence {3 hairs}
5. Dr. Lee third inspection of the evidence..Dr. Lee found a hair in the trunk
6. 1610 Dr Lee left the office
7. 1740 after dr. lee left, LE conducted a re-inspection of evidence {looks like several more hairs and fibers were found that were not there before.

Im reading it as, after Lee, Baez and Phlegar examined the evidence additional hairs and fibers were found.

starts on page 3205 of LE numbering
http://www.wesh.com/download/2009/0121/18530363.pdf

You are reading that correctly. Hairs were found during several inspections inside the car (as opposed to inside the trunk). However, they were checked only for decomposition, and none showed decomposition.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ignoreme123