Caroline Kennedy Withdraws Senate Bid

I think it had more to do with the court of public opinion. Although I think most people like and respect Caroline,they did not see that just being a Kennedy,entitled her to a Senate seat.

I think it had more to do with the court of public opinion. Although I think most people like and respect Caroline,they did not see that just being a Kennedy,entitled her to a Senate seat.

I think so too. I heard that she thought she she was a top candidate for it. I always thought she needed to pay her dues first and had hoped she didn't think she would get it because of her name......

Caroline looks so much older than she really is. My mom is 60 and looks a lot younger than Caroline. BTW, is Caroline still married? I know that she and her husband separated a few years ago, but I've never heard they actually divorced. I'm guessing they are, since she's been referred to as Caroline Kennedy, not CK-Schlossberg.

And I know this has nothing to do with her senate bid, but that picture in the above article is what I felt compelled to comment on.

Rumor has it she is having an affair too. Don't know if either or both are married or seperated.
I don't know why these people don't think their dirty laundry isn't going to be aired. Unless you are squeeky clean,the world will find out.

Why this obviously shy and not well spoken woman was ever talked into putting her name into the running for this Senate seat is a mystery to me!

I do NOT think this is anything Caroline ever wanted for herself and can only conclude that somehow she felt obligated to seek this out. To Uncle Teddy?
To someone else? Who?

She seems like a sensitive soul who is NOT a politician type. I am glad that at 12:03 AM she decided to send an email stating that whe was withdrawing her name from consideration.

Obviously politics is a game that will eat you up and spit you out. Does this woman need this? Again, the big question is: Why would she have ever even considered this?

I wish her well. I hope she is having an affair. Hopefully with someone who loves her. And now that this is over, perhaps she can get a divorce and get on with her life.

Caroline looks so much older than she really is. My mom is 60 and looks a lot younger than Caroline. BTW, is Caroline still married? I know that she and her husband separated a few years ago, but I've never heard they actually divorced. I'm guessing they are, since she's been referred to as Caroline Kennedy, not CK-Schlossberg.

And I know this has nothing to do with her senate bid, but that picture in the above article is what I felt compelled to comment on.

She has had a life full of tragedies.

She has had a life full of tragedies.

I agree she has, but don't think she really looks that old. Maybe I am saying that because she is about my age! LOL! I think she looks very similar to all the Kennedy woman, who tend to be thin and freckly, and acquire wrinkles from skin genetics and the sun. In general, the Kennedy women, while attractive, seem to be outshined in the looks department by the Kennedy men, somehow. This goes way back, just look at family photos. The Kennedy look just translate better into male attributes - an example: the strong defined jaws. Men can more easily get by with wrinkles, too. They have amazing hair, though - usually luxuriant - and so does Caroline.

Eve

When I heard how she fumbled that interview and said "You Know" about 240 times I wondered why there wasn't a media blitz about how she sounded stupid like everyone said Sarah Palin sounded.

Must be because she is supposedly United States royalty, huh?

There has been a lot of heartache in her life, but there are Americans everywhere who have had just as much heartache.

Why this obviously shy and not well spoken woman was ever talked into putting her name into the running for this Senate seat is a mystery to me!

I do NOT think this is anything Caroline ever wanted for herself and can only conclude that somehow she felt obligated to seek this out. To Uncle Teddy?
To someone else? Who?

She seems like a sensitive soul who is NOT a politician type. I am glad that at 12:03 AM she decided to send an email stating that whe was withdrawing her name from consideration.

Obviously politics is a game that will eat you up and spit you out. Does this woman need this? Again, the big question is: Why would she have ever even considered this?

I wish her well. I hope she is having an affair. Hopefully with someone who loves her. And now that this is over, perhaps she can get a divorce and get on with her life.
Why do you hope that she is having an affair and will get a divorce? I am asking because I've never heard anything about her marriage.

When I heard how she fumbled that interview and said "You Know" about 240 times I wondered why there wasn't a media blitz about how she sounded stupid like everyone said Sarah Palin sounded.

There has been a lot of heartache in her life, but there are Americans everywhere who have had just as much heartache.

That's exactly why, NaNa, and I bet Caroline's not stupid either.

Eve

You must not be in NY then because that is ALL the NYC papers talked about when even mentioning her.

To someone else? Who?

I thought the same thing... she has always been a "behind the scenes" person and never showed an ounce of interest in holding public office. I'd like to know who/what encouraged her, as well. I ponder if the Obama people had anything to do with it, given that she became one of Obama's shoulders as he built up his run for the White House. For a while it was whispered that she would get appointed to a chair in his administration. Perhaps they wanted her to work state level, first? Or, like you pointed out: for her Uncle Teddy.

I think the political legacy died with John, jr... he did show signs of becoming a political figure before his untimely death.

To someone else? Who?

Obviously politics is a game that will eat you up and spit you out. Does this woman need this? Again, the big question is: Why would she have ever even considered this?}}end quote

Marthatex says:

And maybe that would have been a good and refreshing thing.

I have a feeling that underneath the shy and somewhat awkward exterior, there is a real gem there, an intelligent, hardworking woman who might more than meet expectations.

I saw articles indicating displeasure at Paterson's handling of the whole thing, but oh well. Maybe the woman appointed will be good. I agree that Caroline did not make a good impression in media interviews.

Oh well, as they said "John, we never knew ye'"... I guess it's "Caroline, we won't be knowin you...." I have no idea if there were personal matters, but the more non-political types we can get in Congress, the better as far as I'm concerned.

I'm not a fan of Governor Paterson. It is obvious that all the leaks and rumors of personal issues came directly from his office. IMO, he became irrate when Caroline decided to pull out and leaked this info about her to try to save face since he had been pushing so hard for her. I think Caroline realized now was not the right time and actually listened to the public's reactions to her possible appointment.

I don't know, but the more I learn about Governor Patterson the less I like.

Answer about Caroline's current marriage: Strong and numerous published rumors that she and her husband Edward Schlossberg have not lived together for several years now. And that both she and husband are in "other relationships".

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Postalgirl74
Back