Black plastic bag..in car & body found in

Reaction score
From the evidence mentioned above I collected the following Items:
· Black plastic bag with yellow pull handles.
· Pull-ups “with flowers design” collected from the back pack “Adorable”
· Stainless steel knife

It just struck me like lightening (maybe I'm slow and someone already noted this).

A black plastic bag with yellow handles found in car with items inside.
A black plastic bag with yellow handles body was in.

This is going to be one of the BIG factors that helps convict her cause it's easy for the FBI to identify that two bags come from the same batch. If these bags match I think she's cooked on this evidence alone.
Last night Padilla mentioned the black bag body was in had yellow handles but I haven't had time to read the docs. Did anyone notice if the yellow handles were mentioned about the body bag?

Inside a plastic bag, inside a laundry bag.

Surely someone can identify the laundry bag as KC's.

This dawned on me last night and I have to say it gave me great hope that they have evidence that will bring about her conviction. Don't forget, the CSI pulled three items out of July's evidence stash...the bag, the pull-ups from the backpack, and the knife. Evidently he feels the pull-ups and the knife have evidentiary value, too. I can see the value in the pull-ups; if they match one found at the crime scene that's a direct link to KC. But, I haven't figured out what he is thinking with the knife. What may he be matching this to?

This dawned on me last night and I have to say it gave me great hope that they have evidence that will bring about her conviction. Don't forget, the CSI pulled three items out of July's evidence stash...the bag, the pull-ups from the backpack, and the knife. Evidently he feels the pull-ups and the knife have evidentiary value, too. I can see the value in the pull-ups; if they match one found at the crime scene that's a direct link to KC. But, I haven't figured out what he is thinking with the knife. What may he be matching this to?

Cutting the duct tape? :waitasec:

Well, there were two knives. One removed from the car by Cindy (and later given, washed to LE). And one in the bag. So they could be checking to see if the knives come from the same set, or both come from sets in the Anthony household, etc. Is the only thing we know about them that they are "kitchen" knives? Do we have a further description of them (butter or table knives? paring knives? that sort of thing?) Depending on the kind of knife, we could have a weapon. Or, we could have a tape-cutting tool. Or, given the way this case twists and turns in the most demented ways, something else altogether.

Well, there were two knives. One removed from the car by Cindy (and later given, washed to LE). And one in the bag. So they could be checking to see if the knives come from the same set, or both come from sets in the Anthony household, etc. Is the only thing we know about them that they are "kitchen" knives? Do we have a further description of them (butter or table knives? paring knives? that sort of thing?) Depending on the kind of knife, we could have a weapon. Or, we could have a tape-cutting tool. Or, given the way this case twists and turns in the most demented ways, something else altogether.

There was only one knife it looks like. Read the main doc thread....it explains it in the last few pages.

I got the impression early on that the knife CA took from the car along with the pants and the boots was a table knife as in flatware. CA strikes me as someone that would notice the least little thing missing or out of place.

I think CA would have immediately washed it and rounded up all the rest of the flateware and found out there was yet another knife missing. If that's the case she had 5 months to think about that fact, and 5 months to replace her tableware. What does a box of flateware cost? $30.00 bucks for a fairly nice service for 4 of Oneida?

I got the impression early on that the knife CA took from the car along with the pants and the boots was a table knife as in flatware. CA strikes me as someone that would notice the least little thing missing or out of place.

I think CA would have immediately washed it and rounded up all the rest of the flateware and found out there was yet another knife missing. If that's the case she had 5 months to think about that fact, and 5 months to replace her tableware. What does a box of flateware cost? $30.00 bucks for a fairly nice service for 4 of Oneida?

Good point, another reason for her to not want to give JCPenney receipts.

· Stainless steel knife

It just struck me like lightening (maybe I'm slow and someone already noted this).

This is going to be one of the BIG factors that helps convict her cause it's easy for the FBI to identify that two bags come from the same batch. If these bags match I think she's cooked on this evidence alone.
Last night Padilla mentioned the black bag body was in had yellow handles but I haven't had time to read the docs. Did anyone notice if the yellow handles were mentioned about the body bag?

I don't believe the black plastic bag mentioned in this forensics report was evidence, but used by LE to contain the evidence CA found in the car and turned over to Det Beasley:

Forensics Part 2:

http://www.wftv.com/news/18530366/detail.html

Note that the black plastic bag is not tagged; however, all items inside bag are tagged article #1 through article #10 and all have the same identification number (H-51975).

Hope this makes sense.

There was only one knife it looks like. Read the main doc thread....it explains it in the last few pages.

It seems there's only 1 knife referenced in the doc dumps, however there was this info, found here
http://www.wftv.com/news/18530178/detail.html .....:

Sheaffer said the public might never find out why a stainless steel knife was found with the body.

"The knife could have been an agency of the murder, could have been used to cut the tape. A myriad of possibilities with the knife," Sheaffer said.

....that is not yet explained.

(Sorry if this is O/T for this thread...the 1 vs 2 knife question is still not answered for me because of Schaeffer's remarks.)

The black garbage bag was reported to be in a laundry bag. I recall transcripts from both RM and TL's roommate mentioning KC doing laundry. Being that they both lived in apartment communities the laundry room would likely be a community ammenity. Wonder if either RM or TL / his roommates could identify the bag. Nursery themed laundry bags are rather tiny since infant clothing is small. I think this was a full size bag.
IMO

If there was simply one knife, they've described the same knife two different ways.

In one account they describe table knife and in another account they describe stainless steel knife.

To me, those are completely different. One seems like a flatware knife and one seems like an all purpose knife.

~shrugs~ so confusing

If there was simply one knife, they've described the same knife two different ways.

In one account they describe table knife and in another account they describe stainless steel knife.

To me, those are completely different. One seems like a flatware knife and one seems like an all purpose knife.

~shrugs~ so confusing

Oh I agree....but two knives would not share 1 inventory number.....and we only have 1 number. :waitasec:

It seems there's only 1 knife referenced in the doc dumps, however there was this info, found here
http://www.wftv.com/news/18530178/detail.html .....:

....that is not yet explained.

(Sorry if this is O/T for this thread...the 1 vs 2 knife question is still not answered for me because of Schaeffer's remarks.)

The WFTV article is the source of the two-knife myth. I think it may have been Sheaffer himself who started the error.

The knife is not the only error. The article states that the "Adorable" backpack was found with the body. Wrong.

· Stainless steel knife

I've only read thru the docs once yesterday but did LE go back and revisit the garbage bag and the items in it that they retrieved back in July that they already had as evidence?
In particular did they recheck the velveeta box/wrapper?
If there was a knife in the bag with the remains could it have traces of velveeta on it thus tying it back to the bag of evidence they already had?
Okay great sleuthers what are your thoughts, comments and/or corrections to my post?:)

The black garbage bag was reported to be in a laundry bag. I recall transcripts from both RM and TL's roommate mentioning KC doing laundry. Being that they both lived in apartment communities the laundry room would likely be a community ammenity. Wonder if either RM or TL / his roommates could identify the bag. Nursery themed laundry bags are rather tiny since infant clothing is small. I think this was a full size bag.
IMO

Good point about the community ammenity. My college son has 3 housemates, they all have their own laundry bags to shlep to the laundry room. My daughter just had a baby in Aug. she has a laundry bag that slips down into a stand in the baby's room.

We don't know if the bag was just a cotton drawstring duffle type like the college boys use, or if it's a bag with velcro or ties to keep it stable in a stand do we?

My brain had it all 'backwards' in some way. That the baby would have been in the laundry bag, and then in the garbage bag. A white laundry bag just floating in the woods would have been way easier to spot as out of place than a darker plastic bag especially in the dense undergrowth of the woods.

Now my theory is shot to heck!

Since it was known that Cindy washed the knife she found in the car, I think there are 2 knives or it would have been noted the knife had been cleaned prior to them obtaining it. (It would have no forensic value after being washed, imo.) I am not certain they ever took the one Cindy washed leaving only one tagged as evidence.

Since it was known that Cindy washed the knife she found in the car, I think there are 2 knives or it would have been noted the knife had been cleaned prior to them obtaining it. (It would have no forensic value after being washed, imo.) I am not certain they ever took the one Cindy washed.

Idk....but one thing for sure....if it is a knife cindy gave them, it has nothing to do with this case. :crazy:

The yellow-handled (pulls) black bag at the crime scene may also be a WFTV error. Sheaffer seems unaware that he is confusing evidence removed from the car with that at the crime scene.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaryEllen77
Back