Tips before submitting

Status
Not open for further replies.

christine2448

Retired WS Staff
Reaction score
Tips before submitting
1. Make sure not already ruled out/submitted.

2. Post up vital stats, all listed/poster info for UID and missing person side by side. (date missing/date found, height, weight, eyes, hair, circumstances, belongings, ect)

3. Line up pics side by side.

4. Find out everything you can on the UID/Missing Person from web/news. Compare information.

5. Get advice and input from other sleuthers.

6. Make sure another Wser doesn't have LE contact in this case, we don't want 50 different people calling in matches.

7. Call LE/ME on both sides, missing/UID and see what info they are willing do disclose.

8. Get advice input from other sleuthers with new/or no info.

9. Submit

Please feel free to add YOUR tips. I am learning as I go!

Copied from another case, this is a good example, thanks Debbie!

Debbie Miller said:
First thing you want to do is call about the UID and see if she has the same medical listings as are for Billy Jean Hall. Here is what I say when I call: I first ask to speak to someone who handles missing and unidentified person cases (whichever I am inquiring about) Hello, My name is ____ and I search the internet for missing and unidentified persons in my free time. I am calling today in regards to an UID that is listed with your agency, ____ (give the date of discovery for UID's or the name of the missing person along with the date of disappearance. Then you will want to ask if this uid has any of the medical issues listed with Billy Jean's case. You may be asked "what agency you are with " you are just a volunteer and you can mention you are involved with Websleuths.
If it turns out this uid has similar medical listings, then you go forward with " I have a possible match that I would like you to take a look at" I always have the case # , the whole case actually infront of me when I call. You'll need to give them the contact info for the comparing case.

I am new here, trying to post some pics I have gathered that I think look like BK. I have looked in the user CP and I don't haev access to the album feature.

I wanted to post the pics on here to see if anyone else thinks they look like the same person.

Can I email my page to someone? If so, please tell me your email.

Zaha, click on my name, my page should come up. Click contact info, and it as "send email message".
click on send email message, and you should be able to send me a email.

I am new here, trying to post some pics I have gathered that I think look like BK. I have looked in the user CP and I don't haev access to the album feature.

I wanted to post the pics on here to see if anyone else thinks they look like the same person.

Can I email my page to someone? If so, please tell me your email.
---------------------------
Zaha: Welcome to WS. Looking forward to those pics.........
:Welcome-12-june:

LOL.. I am also looking forward to the pics getting up.. however, when I click on carolwood'n name and follow the instructions, it leads me to a place that I can leave a message on her thread... I can't email her directly...

LOL.. I am also looking forward to the pics getting up.. however, when I click on carolwood'n name and follow the instructions, it leads me to a place that I can leave a message on her thread... I can't email her directly...
=======================
It may be that you are
new and your posts are only at 3.

Carolwood could email you.
I will check in with her.
Probably be early am before you will hear from her.

=======================
It may be that you are
new and your posts are only at 3.

Carolwood could email you.
I will check in with her.
Probably be early am before you will hear from her.
Yes, Dream and Zaha I am here. email me at c.ogle@bellsouth.net
I will be out this morning for a couple of hours, but when I get back, I will be glad to post what has been sent.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chingona361