GUILTY Belgium - Three dead, 10 hurt in Dendermonde nursery stabbing, 23 Jan 2009

ajc2804

Reaction score
Two infants and an adult have been killed and 10 other people wounded in a knife attack at a creche in north-western Belgium.
A man reportedly tricked his way into the nursery in Dendermonde where he ran amok inside before escaping. He was later captured at a local supermarket.
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/europe/7846815.stm

hi, this is my FIRST post ever, and sadly I now have to confess I live in Belgium. Sadly i have to say the news is true! They are now saying the perp is mentally ill, and is an outpatient at a mental facility! people in Belgium are now talking about linching (sp?) the mother ******! I think everyone in Belgium is now talking about reintroducing th edeath penalty!
But no, the perp will probably be free in less than 5 years!!!

Sorry, i'm so angry!

hi, this is my FIRST post ever, and sadly I now have to confess I live in Belgium. Sadly i have to say the news is true! They are now saying the perp is mentally ill, and is an outpatient at a mental facility! people in Belgium are now talking about linching (sp?) the mother ******! I think everyone in Belgium is now talking about reintroducing th edeath penalty!
But no, the perp will probably be free in less than 5 years!!!

Sorry, i'm so angry!

Hi Me sofie, Welcome to Websleuths, this type of news is so horrible and shocking. I'd guess the perp is mentally ill to do something so horrific as stabbing babies. I hope he is locked away for good, 5 years is too short a time.

http://www.reuters.com/article/worldNews/idUSTRE50N1GP20090124

"
DENDERMONDE, Belgium (Reuters) - Police have charged a 20-year-old Belgian with murder after two infants and a woman were killed and 13 others were wounded in a knife attack at a children's creche that left Belgium stunned.
Local residents, many still mouthing disbelief, Saturday laid bouquets at the day care center in the small town of Dendermonde where a man with a white painted face and blackened eyes slashed his victims and then cycled off."

Yes it is said he was made up to look like the Joker from Batman, and when he was caught he had the address for another creche on him.

....In his confession he said he planned to kill 78 children!... sick excuse for a human person!:furious:

From February 2013:

http://news.nationalpost.com/news/b...spree-at-a-nursery-while-dressed-as-the-joker

Wearing a bulletproof vest, he tricked his way into the Fable Land nursery by ringing the doorbell and asking: “I have a question – can you help?”

Once inside, during an eight-minute attack, he first killed Marita Blindeman, 54, a daycare worker... De Gelder stabbed Corneel Vermeir and Leon Garcia-Arbesu, nine-month-old babies, while they played in their creche...

One week before the attack, De Gelder, a film-obsessed goth, disguised himself as a water inspector and tricked his way into the home of a 72-year-old woman, Elza Van Raemdonck, whom he stabbed to death... [H]e wiped his knife on her body and went in search of other victims, who fortunately were not at home.

From March 2013:

http://www.ibtimes.co.uk/joker-murder-baby-kim-de-gelder-449590

A child killer dubbed "The Joker" has been jailed for life after he was found guilty of murdering two babies and their carer at a nursery in Belgium, and killing an elderly woman in a separate attack.

Kim De Gelder, 24, broke into the nursery dressed as the comic book villain, and murdered the two babies, aged six and nine months, and a 54-year-old woman. He was also found guilty of the attempted murder of 22 others...

After deliberating for four hours, the jury in Ghent found he was "not in a demonic state or mentally troubled" at the time of the killings.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
redeworker
Back