KY KY - Nicole Vanzant, 27, Frenchburg, 19 Jan 2009

Tonia

Reaction score
Posts: 6,671 Nicole Van Sant, 27 MSG Since 01/18/09 From Menifee County, KY

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Police Search For Missing Woman
Updated: Jan 23, 2009 11:46 AM CST

Police in Menifee County are looking for leads in their search for a woman who hasn't been seen in almost a week.

Police say the family of Nicole Van Sant, 27, reported her missing on Monday. They say Van Sant went on a drive with a friend near Frenchburg and has not been seen since.

Van Sant's family say she has a four-year-old son, is very responsible and has never left without calling first. They say she was not carrying a cell phone or any cash when she disappeared.

Police say they have questioned the last person to see Van Sant, but have not yet developed any solid leads into her whereabouts. They say they have declared her a missing person.

http://www.lex18.com/Global/story.asp?S=9722659&nav=menu203_2

Her name is mispelled it is Nicole Vanzant in the above article.

She was last seen driving away with her ex-boyfriend six days ago, but the family of a Menifee County woman says his story doesn't add up.

Monday, Nicole Penix-Vanzant went shopping with her mother, but cut the trip short to take a drive in the country with her ex-boyfriend. She never came back. When they questioned that man about what happened, he gave Nicole's family a story they don't
believe.

I also found this on Texas Equuesearch...

01/19/09 - Nicole Vanzant was last seen in Frenchburg, KY around noon on Monday, January 19, 2009. She went on a drive with a friend and has not returned home since. Nicole is the mother of a 4 year old child. She was last seen wearing blue jeans, a white sweater, tan suede cowboy boots and pearl earrings. She was carrying a red purse and also had either a black or brown leather jacket with her. Nicole has a tattoo of a butterfly across her lower back.

Nicole was last seen at a Dollar General Store in Frenchburg (Menifee County), getting into a car with a friend. She apparently had an argument with the friend, who let her out of the car during their ride. She has not been seen since that time.

http://texasequusearch.org/2009/01/vanzant-nicole-frenchburg-ky-011908/

Some interesting comments by posters that knew her.
http://www.topix.net/forum/city/frenchburg-ky/T09D23LDA3KO74EH9/p2

Nicole's mother says she has a four and a half year old son and left without any money or a cell phone.

State Police in Morehead are working the case. If you have any information about Nicole Penix-Vanzant's disappearance, call police at 606-784-4127.

http://www.lex18.com/Global/story.asp?s=9726853

I've read these articles, even the comments on the topix thread. This doesn't sound right.

Did I read correctly that the friend as mentioned above is JB (ex-boyfriends name) is the one that dropped her off during a ride in the country? She had no cell phone or money. I wonder how far out in the country side he claims he dropped her off? Could she have walked back in a decent amount of time?

I hope that this isn't what I think it is. I pray that she returns safe and sound for her young son, who must be completely confused right now.

http://www.wkyt.com/wymtnews/headlines/38319554.html

"Crews from Eastern Kentucky are now aiding in the search for a missing Menifee County woman.
Over the weekend search crews from Morgan and Wolfe Counties joined Menifee County search teams on the hunt for Nichole Vanzant.
The 27 year old went missing last Monday. Nichole's family says they have information that she was seen in a car arguing with a male friend.
A neighbor claims she witnessed a physical altercation between Nichole and the same man last week."

http://www.wkyt.com/home/headlines/38284219.html

"She hasn't been seen in several days, and her family wants to know where she is and if she's in trouble.
27-year-old Nicole Van Zant went missing on Monday, and a promising lead came up empty today (1/24).
Last night, authorities got an anonymous tip telling them they should search the area around Donaldson's Rock overlooking Frenchburg.
The Sheriff's Department was told it was a place Nicole like to go for walks, but there was no sign of the woman there today.
The family says they have information that she was seen in a car with a male friend with whom she seemed to be arguing with. Nicole got out of the car that frigid day and hasn't been seen since."

I looked up Frenchburg Ky on google maps because I am unfamiliar with that area of KY. That is a very rural area. There isn't a street level map of any of that area I could find. By rural I mean hills and woods. Lot's of hilly woods there. I will keep my fingers crossed that they can find her.

Thanks Tonia for the update. I have an uneasy feeling when reading about the ex-boyfriend. Some of the remarks he made were unusual.

Search Resumes For Missing Woman

Now that the weather has improved, the search for a Menifee County woman who has been missing for nearly a month has resumed.

Nicole Penix Vanzant, 27, went missing nearly a month ago after her boyfriend says he dropped her off on the side of the road following a fight in the Frenchburg Hill area in Menifee County. Because of the bad weather of the past several weeks, crews hadn't been able to do much because of the snow cover in the area where she disappeared.

http://www.lex18.com/Global/story.asp?S=9814158&nav=menu203_2

Texas Eqquasearch will be there to help.

I'm very glad to hear that Texas Eqquasearch will be there to assist.

I pray that she is found and brought home. I have a feeling she is no longer alive. Her child and family deserve to know what happened and to bring her home to lay her to rest.

Family Hopes New Reward Brings New Information In Missing Woman Case

Nichole Vanzant has not been seen since January 19. Now her grandparents are offering a hefty reward for information leading to her whereabouts.
Menifee County Sheriff Rodney Coffey tells 27 NEWSFIRST, "Money tends to get people interested so the Penix family has put up a $4,000 reward in hopes that if somebody has information they have been holding back because they're scared or for whatever reason, this may provide them some incentive to give us a call."
But Sheriff Coffey says the search for the 27 year old Nichole has never been called off. "Our fire department rescue squad is out there every day following up on tips, searching different areas of the county.
Wednesday, we put together 2 four-man teams with the Sheriff's Office and the Red River Adventure Group, and together we kayaked the river in the gorge."

http://www.wkyt.com/news/headlines/40384012.html#

Somone posted on my local craigslist about Nicole on 3.11.09, asking basically to help her by having Beth Holloway contact Nicole's parents. I am from Birmingham so I guess she figured someone in town would know how to get in touch with her. In any case she did not leave any contact info on craigslist but I did post and suggest she come her to this thread.

I am amazed at how many cases of missing people we just don't hear about. I know if I was a family memeber of someone that was not being put out there I would be sad too. Lets hope she joins and can give the great sleuthers here some info to go on!

Hopes Beginning To Fade For Missing Mom's Return
Woman Last Seen Along Remote Ky. Roadway
Despite an intense effort, authorities have been unable to find a Milford mother missing for two months.

Nicole Penix-Van Zant was last seen in January, when a boyfriend said he dropped her off at Frenchburg General Store on a remote stretch of road in Menifee County, Ky.

The 27-year-old had been living just south of Lexington when she went missing, but the former University of Cincinnati student had previously lived with her grandparents in Clermont County.

Penix-Van Zant's 4-year-old son, Carter, fears the worst.

"He told us, 'Grandma, I want to die, I want to go to heaven with my mom,' and it's still real hard on him," Richardson said.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/29682368/

Somone posted on my local craigslist about Nicole on 3.11.09, asking basically to help her by having Beth Holloway contact Nicole's parents. I am from Birmingham so I guess she figured someone in town would know how to get in touch with her. In any case she did not leave any contact info on craigslist but I did post and suggest she come her to this thread.

I am amazed at how many cases of missing people we just don't hear about. I know if I was a family memeber of someone that was not being put out there I would be sad too. Lets hope she joins and can give the great sleuthers here some info to go on!

Yes, there are soooooooo many people that go missing every day and it is heartbreaking. At times there are services that are offered which are turned down / not used. I think this is because everyone believes that the missing person will be found more sooner than later, thus the services don't need to be used. Then before you know it, weeks and weeks have passed.

I am not sure what Ms. Holloway can do to help other than to talk with the family about having strength and to not give up hope.

Family Uses Psychic to Find Missing Daughter

Tina Penix has been searching for her daughter 27-year-old Nicole Penix Vanzant since she disappeared in January, with search and rescue crews taking to the water and Vanzant's own father combing through the woods.

But now, desperate for any information that may bring answers, the family is turning to what they even admit is a long shot and asking a psychic for help.

Ericka Boussarhane is one of two psychics Penix has contacted.

Boussarhane says she's given the Penix family several clues about their daughter's disappearance, including where she believes Nicole's body is buried.

Police are still calling this a missing persons case, not a criminal investigation.

http://www.wkyt.com/news/headlines/42625652.html

The family must be so sick with worry ... I wonder if things would be the same now if other resources would have been used at the beginning of this saga? Would questions still be unanswered if these resources were used? Sadly enough, this may be the case where feeling that whatever resources that were local would be enough to handle getting the answers to Nicole's disappearance.

Remains Found In Gorge Are Missing Menifee Co. Woman

The human remains found Monday by a hiker in the Red River Gorge were identified Tuesday as those of a Menifee County woman who had been missing since January.

Nicole Penix Vanzant, 27, disappeared from the Frenchburg Hill area in Menifee County in mid-January. Her ex-boyfriend says he dropped her off along the side of the road after an argument.

Police say the hiker found a jawbone at about 3 p.m. Monday near the Iron Bridge and contacted authorities. With the help of cadaver dogs, four more bones were found along the hillside near where the jawbone was found.

State Forensic Anthropologist Dr. Emily Craig was called in to the scene Tuesday, and was able to make an identification of the remains through dental records Tuesday afternoon.
Officials have not yet released a cause of death, and were still on the scene gathering evidence Tuesday afternoon.

http://www.wlextv.com/global/story.asp?s=10221357

Prayers for Nicole's family and child. :(

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member