Brad Conway Press Conference 1/23/09

"Conway, who plans to hold a press conference at 3 p.m., said he wants the media to give the Anthonys space. "They're under the same amount of stress that they always have been, maybe more," he said. "They're just trying to cope with the death of Caylee."

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/orl-bk-george-anthony-caylee-012309,0,7934495.story?page=2

My heart goes out to George. I can't even imagine what he's going through. In addition to mourning Caylee he has to feel some amount of guilt for testifying against Casey even if he knows in his heart she did it. He's in the worst situation imaginable. I think Cindy is stronger and maybe the lies and her believing Casey is innocent is the only thing keeping her from attempting suicide herself.

Conway had to stop press conference while he gets a drink of water.:crazy:

It is amazing George didn't make Cindy one of the two he alerted about wanting to die. He has so many reasons to be depressed. I wish someone had gotten him into grief counseling months ago. I personally hope the Dr decides it is NOT in George's best interest to see Cindy. I think he needs his distance from her. She pushes & pushes & pushes & just doesnt know when to stop.
My heart goes out to George. He is so heart broken & I think has done so many things to try & keep his family together. I hope he gets all the help he needs & realizes Casey killed her child. I know it must be tearing George apart that he didnt protect that baby. I am not sure anyone could have protected Caylee. George is in my prayers & I am so very sorry this has happened.

It is amazing George didn't make Cindy one of the two he alerted about wanting to die. He has so many reasons to be depressed. I wish someone had gotten him into grief counseling months ago. I personally hope the Dr decides it is NOT in George's best interest to see Cindy. I think he needs his distance from her. She pushes & pushes & pushes & just doesnt know when to stop.
My heart goes out to George. He is so heart broken & I think has done so many things to try & keep his family together. I hope he gets all the help he needs & realizes Casey killed her child. I know it must be tearing George apart that he didnt protect that baby. I am not sure anyone could have protected Caylee. George is in my prayers & I am so very sorry this has happened.

No one ever knows what goes on in a relationship but the two people in it. For us to assume otherwise is unfortunate and contributes to this. It's also a bit perplexing that although the stress that Cindy experienced as breadwinner and primary caregiver, household manager is evidenced, that is entirely dismissed as it's much easier (and also quite sexist) to go with the image of the shrill, nagging woman and cast blame based on that. Although I do think many women faced with the same situation of supporting a whole family, may in fact "nag" their husbands for a bit of help, especially if their husbands gambling debts got them there.

Seems Conway believes had LE waited 24 hours as would be the normal protocol if he (Conway) had called 911, this would have been another tragedy - meaning GA would not be with us.

Said the text messages indicated GA "was not in a good place".

Conway saying Casey A. is presumed to be innocent - doesn't care if people don't like him saying that - says prosecution and LE has their job to do which is to prove guilt beyond a reasonable doubt. Urges folks to honor our country and constitution and let the jury determine Casey's fate.

George took pictures of Caylee, Cindy and Casey from the home with him.

Where is everybody?

Says he thinks case will rest largely on forensic evidence. We all need to do the right thing and look at the Anthony's as assuming Casey is innocent until proven otherwise.

Seems Conway believes had LE waited 24 hours as would be the normal protocol if he (Conway) had called 911, this would have been another tragedy - meaning GA would not be with us.

Said the text messages indicated GA "was not in a good place".

Conway saying Casey A. is presumed to be innocent - doesn't care if people don't like him saying that - says prosecution and LE has their job to do which is to prove guilt beyond a reasonable doubt. Urges folks to honor our country and constitution and let the jury determine Casey's fate.[/QUOTE]

I agree, but so far she is a proven liar, thief and neglectful mother whose actions indirectly or directly caused the death of her daughter and I believe it will in fact be proven to be directly.

THank you

Conway says the A's didn't ask for immunity, he did. A good lawyer, he says, always does. And, he will get them immunity because that's what a good lawyer does.

Will be intense supervision of George and Cindy by Conway and others who care about them.

Asked if the media bears any responsibility in driving GA into the position he was in last night.

Conway responding "yes" there are individuals in the media who lack integrity. They are irresponsible. Complete lack of compassion for what they are going through.

Says the A's have great patience and that is commendable but it's time Caylee be buried.

Says he can't get into specifics about meds but they were prescription.

Without talking to GA and his doctors he will safely assume that he did consume some pills and some alcohol but if that turns out to be wrong, he will correct that.

Believes GA "reaching out". Wants help. Foremost in his mind was his granddaughter. He has other responsibilities, his wife, son and daughter that he need to be here to take care of.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zipperoni
Back