712 users online (83 members and 629 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Law School Hires Jose Baez To Teach Students

http://www.wftv.com/news/18551642/detail.html

*snip*
    "Casey Anthony's attorney has faced plenty of criticism in the case for forgetting the judge's jurisdiction and for improperly filing court motions. Eyewitness News has now learned Jose Baez has been hired by FAMU law school to teach up-and-coming lawyers."
    Last edited by GirlinCentralFL; 01-23-2009 at 06:58 PM. Reason: To add actual link

Insomnia Momma is offline If not supported by a link it's just what I think!
    Caylee - WE will NEVER forget. Neither will Karma.

Maybee its a class on "What Not to do as a laywer 101"?? Potentual Laywers can REALLY learn alot from that
    My Beautiful Precious , I miss you so much!

The paralegal degree offered by my local college has courses taught exclusively by practicing attorneys and sitting judges. The classes are at night, so accommodate everyone's schedules. I would suppose that he's going to be doing something along this line.

When would he have time for this in the near future? Doesn't he have enough with KC's case to worry about?

This is slightly OT but does anyone know if Jose ever participated in the infamous Florida recount in 2000? I saw some video, and I swear it was him inspecting the ballots, looking at hanging chads. I know thousands of lawyers were involved in that. Does anyone know his background? Did he work in Miami ever?

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Zingo View Post
    This is slightly OT but does anyone know if Jose ever participated in the infamous Florida recount in 2000? I saw some video, and I swear it was him inspecting the ballots, looking at hanging chads. I know thousands of lawyers were involved in that. Does anyone know his background? Did he work in Miami ever?

Thanks!
    He worked in the Miami-Dade Public Defender's office.
    Just striving to be average.

The next generation just may well be screwed.

Thanks!

And, when does he have time for teaching? Isn't this case pretty much full time for him???
    "Until you do right by me, everything you think about is gonna crumble... until you do right by me, everything you think about is gonna fail."

Quote Originally Posted by GirlinCentralFL View Post
    http://www.wftv.com/news/18551642/detail.html

*snip*
    "Casey Anthony's attorney has faced plenty of criticism in the case for forgetting the judge's jurisdiction and for improperly filing court motions. Eyewitness News has now learned Jose Baez has been hired by FAMU law school to teach up-and-coming lawyers."

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

What's he going to teach them?

Wise Old Owl is offline Retired WS Staff & Founding member of AFKBPOFPOPL

Thanks!
    Yes - he worked in Miami Dade - but that election carp was here where I am in Broward - but I guess it could have been him. Can you find the picture?

Say what?

I don't know much about FAMU - but they must be truly screwy. I wouldn't hire this guy to shovel snow off my sidewalk much less teach law.
    That's Ms Crime Junkie to you Mr Baez...

It's probably similar to when Lucy Ricardo wrote a novel and a publishing company purchased it to use excerpts in a book called Don’t Let This Happen to You.

crazy....now why would they have him teach when the FL Bar has 2 cases pending?

ETA - link about FL bar:
    http://www.wftv.com/news/18541911/detail.html
    Fla. Bar Investigating Casey Anthony's Attorney

"She's Going Places," A Tribute Song For Caylee Anthony
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aLudQC0MBJU

https://youtu.be/oUR86bnKLaI
    White Lion - When The Children Cry

https://youtu.be/nLh5vbBLpxI
    Jason Michael Carroll's 'Alyssa Lies' **** Please help stop domestic violence****

https://youtu.be/KtNYA4pAGjI
    Martina McBride's official music video for 'Concrete Angel'
    **** Madison Matters = miss you angel baby Love you so much!!!*******

FAMU's law school is only provisionally accredited. With the ABA breathing down their necks to determine whether it will become fully accredited, one wonders why they'd invite controversy.

ETA: When I first read that he was to teach, my thoughts ran to the old adage, "Those who can do; those who can't teach."

Quote Originally Posted by Cherry Baby View Post
    I don't know much about FAMU - but they must be truly screwy. I wouldn't hire this guy to shovel snow off my sidewalk much less teach law.
    Yeah...they are more like a community college for law school...wait...just like the law school that JB graduated from. Certainly not harvard. Ha!
    Apparently started teaching this semester. I'm sure he is an adjunct and not a full time faculty member....still. very disturbing.

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast