Law School Hires Jose Baez To Teach Students

GirlinCentralFL

Inactive
Reaction score
http://www.wftv.com/news/18551642/detail.html

*snip*
"Casey Anthony's attorney has faced plenty of criticism in the case for forgetting the judge's jurisdiction and for improperly filing court motions. Eyewitness News has now learned Jose Baez has been hired by FAMU law school to teach up-and-coming lawyers."

Maybee its a class on "What Not to do as a laywer 101"?? Potentual Laywers can REALLY learn alot from that

The paralegal degree offered by my local college has courses taught exclusively by practicing attorneys and sitting judges. The classes are at night, so accommodate everyone's schedules. I would suppose that he's going to be doing something along this line.

When would he have time for this in the near future? Doesn't he have enough with KC's case to worry about?

This is slightly OT but does anyone know if Jose ever participated in the infamous Florida recount in 2000? I saw some video, and I swear it was him inspecting the ballots, looking at hanging chads. I know thousands of lawyers were involved in that. Does anyone know his background? Did he work in Miami ever?

Thanks!

This is slightly OT but does anyone know if Jose ever participated in the infamous Florida recount in 2000? I saw some video, and I swear it was him inspecting the ballots, looking at hanging chads. I know thousands of lawyers were involved in that. Does anyone know his background? Did he work in Miami ever?

Thanks!

He worked in the Miami-Dade Public Defender's office.

The next generation just may well be screwed.

Thanks!

:eek:

And, when does he have time for teaching? Isn't this case pretty much full time for him???

Thanks!
Yes - he worked in Miami Dade - but that election carp was here where I am in Broward - but I guess it could have been him. Can you find the picture?

I don't know much about FAMU - but they must be truly screwy. I wouldn't hire this guy to shovel snow off my sidewalk much less teach law.

It's probably similar to when Lucy Ricardo wrote a novel and a publishing company purchased it to use excerpts in a book called Don’t Let This Happen to You.

FAMU's law school is only provisionally accredited. With the ABA breathing down their necks to determine whether it will become fully accredited, one wonders why they'd invite controversy.

ETA: When I first read that he was to teach, my thoughts ran to the old adage, "Those who can do; those who can't teach."

I don't know much about FAMU - but they must be truly screwy. I wouldn't hire this guy to shovel snow off my sidewalk much less teach law.

Yeah...they are more like a community college for law school...wait...just like the law school that JB graduated from. Certainly not harvard. Ha!
Apparently started teaching this semester. I'm sure he is an adjunct and not a full time faculty member....still. very disturbing.

He worked in the Miami-Dade Public Defender's office.
He has only been an attorney for three years. Licensed in late 2005. I am not sure if they hire unlicensed lawyers. Maybe he worked in another capacity.

I read the title of this thread and dang near spit Chablis through my nose.

http://www.wftv.com/news/18551642/detail.html

*snip*
"Casey Anthony's attorney has faced plenty of criticism in the case for forgetting the judge's jurisdiction and for improperly filing court motions. Eyewitness News has now learned Jose Baez has been hired by FAMU law school to teach up-and-coming lawyers."

It's not April Fools Day yet so this must be for Ashton Kutcher's show "PUNKED" :waitasec:

ETA: When I first read that he was to teach, my thoughts ran to the old adage, "Those who can do; those who can't teach."
:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa
Back