Cindy & George Pick Out Jewelry for Caylee - (Cremation Jewelry?)

Let's try this again. Keep the biting remarks, put downs and generally rude remarks off this thread.

My oldest brother drowned 2 years ago, and at the funeral home during the visitation I put a disposable Bic lighter in his front shirt pocket under his suit coat.

Though it may have appeared silly to some, my brother was someone who was always saying "Let me get a light from you". Even though he carried a Zippo lighter forever, it always seemed to be out of lighter fluid, or need a new flint or something. I used to laugh at him about it all the time.

My point is that the lighter meant little or nothing to anyone but me, but for some strange reason it made me feel better to have done it.

Not unlike the American Indians who long ago used to put their friends' and relatives' weapons with them so they would have them in the next world, I wanted my brother to have a lighter with him.

The article sounds to me like Cindy wanted George to pick out something for Caylee in this same manner. I did not take it to mean that she wanted him to BUY some jewelry, or that she wanted some jewelry to WEAR at the funeral, but to CHOOSE something to put with Caylee.

We have all seen the photos of little Caylee with beads and necklaces and the like draped around her neck, with hats and sunglasses . . . I think that she, like all little girls, liked to wear jewelry, and this is just one of the scores of details that you try to remember during times of loss. So that you don't have to think when it's over "Oh, I wish I had remembered to do this, or oh I meant to do that. . "

I have enormous empathy for Cindy and George both during this time, and especially for George - I told my friend months ago that I thought George would be the one to crack under the pressure once they had to face the fact Caylee was gone forever.

I say this is a time to be gentle and kind, and all be thankful that we are not in their shoes. I think this is certainly a time to adhere to the "Do unto others" rule.

Just my opinion of course, but I say the Anthonys should be allowed to grieve and try to cope with the loss of Caylee (AND of Casey) in peace, and I for one will not engage in suppositions and slams about what Cindy may or may not have been thinking of when she asked George to do that.

Another thing I thought of after reading the report is maybe he didn't get the job he was applying for and that may have been the proverbial straw for him.

I will keep him in my prayers, and ask that he be given peace within himself in his grief.

You guys be good to one another - remember, Caylee is watching.

Sundance

JBean - respectfully...This has to be a nasty rumor or something. Caylee's remains are bones. What is the point of jewellery? The only realistic answers are bizarre and distasteful to say the least. Earrings - not possible. Necklace - not possible. Bracelet - not possible.

Jewellery??? Maybe she asked him to pick out a cross to put to rest with her remains? That's possible and realistic. Perhaps, one of her favorite charms or something that she liked to wear...OK...But the title of this thread invites negative comments if in fact, this is what happened.

I can't comment here on the subject matter except to say that I think that this is a nasty rumour or information that has been taken out of context.

IMO - Not worthy of a thread until confirmed.

Im not sure why this is even being discussed again. Its perfect normally to bury a loved one with a "token" of love such as jewelry, or pictures of loved one's. When my grandparents died, we filled the casket with all sorts of items, something from each of the grandkids, something special. As far as Cindy asking George to help pick it out.....well who else is she suppose to ask, they loved her the most and would know what would be appropriate.

I took it to mean they would lay her to rest with a special piece of jewelry, in the casket, nothing wrong or strange with that, almost everyone encloses something special with thier loved ones at funerals.

I took it to mean that they were going to attempt to adorn the skeletonized remains with jewelry, which I still maintain is macabre and grotesque, given the circumstances. But as it has been pointed out that they may have meant to simply include a favorite necklace or other piece in the casket with the remains, and if it brings them some small measure of comfort, so be it.

http://www.cfnews13.com/uploadedFiles/Stories/Local/MP%20Report%20G%20Anthony...09-07780.pdf

"She (Cindy) stated she asked George yesterday to pick out some jewelry for Caylee for her funeral. Cynthia said she believes this might have made him even more depressed."

When I first read about their talking of the funeral plans in the police report it kind of confirmed my thoughts from the beginning. I felt the family was being put under undo stress because of the long period of time that has elapsed and not being able to bury their granddaughter.
Both my parents died during a holiday, and it took forever (or so it seemed) to have a death certificate issued in order to proceed with their burial. It was actually just 7 days, but seemed like an eternity. GA and CA have been waiting for over a month to bury little Caylee.
I'm not sure if this is making any sense, but simply put, having to wait to bury a loved one is really stressful. jmo.

whatever gives them a little comfort and peace at this point...

It must be the most horrible thing in the world to try to figure out what to bury with a much loved child that has died. I hope they can find some items that were very special to her to include, and it is my fond hope that her "mama" doll will also be laid to rest with her sweet little soul. Poor George and Cindy.

Oh no, I just remembered, "mama" is in evidence-she can't be included...maybe she had more than one doll that was special and another of those CAN be included...

JBean - respectfully...This has to be a nasty rumor or something. Caylee's remains are bones. What is the point of jewellery? The only realistic answers are bizarre and distasteful to say the least. Earrings - not possible. Necklace - not possible. Bracelet - not possible.

Jewellery??? Maybe she asked him to pick out a cross to put to rest with her remains? That's possible and realistic. Perhaps, one of her favorite charms or something that she liked to wear...OK...But the title of this thread invites negative comments if in fact, this is what happened.

I can't comment here on the subject matter except to say that I think that this is a nasty rumour or information that has been taken out of context.

You know, I wonder if this has something to do with a promise that Cindy or George may have made to Caylee. Maybe they promised her they would buy her pretty jewelry when she was older and could take care of it. Most little girls love to get into their mom's or grandmothers jewelry.
Maybe George bought Cindy something nice and Caylee wanted it too, but was too young to get it...
Just brainstorming here.. I know when I was little, I would take my mom's jewelry, and prance around with it until I was caught..then I was told when I was old enough, I could have my own..
ETA: I agree with other posters..When my gramps died 15 years ago, I was only 16 years old, I used to visit with him on the weekends and would always take him a snickers bar.. sometimes I think he was more excited to see the snickers than me, but I made sure he was buried with one. I still think of my grandfather eating that everlasting snickers in heaven..it brings me comfort..

You know, I wonder if this has something to do with a promise that Cindy or George may have made to Caylee. Maybe they promised her they would buy her pretty jewelry when she was older and could take care of it. Most little girls love to get into their mom's or grandmothers jewelry.
Maybe George bought Cindy something nice and Caylee wanted it too, but was too young to get it...
Just brainstorming here.. I know when I was little, I would take my mom's jewelry, and prance around with it until I was caught..then I was told when I was old enough, I could have my own..
Maybe. Much more understandable than what the article implies...

The need to leave something with a loved one in nothing new. Depending on the belief system in place, the items are sometimes thought to be used in the afterlife. I attended a funeral for a Native American man and was amazed at the size of the hole that was dug. I was told they would shoot his horse and throw him in there too. I don't know if that happened but the saddle did go in. I left rather abruptly. :eek:

I think the most important thing about this thread is the fact that hopefully a funeral is in the near future. I can't stand the thought of little Caylee not having been laid to rest yet.

I believe it is their excuse for what happened with George. They needed a cover story and this is what they came up with.

The A's seem like simple people meaning they haven't been big on adornments from what I've seen so jewelry doesn't seem to be high on the priority list---If they wanted Caylee to be buried with something special then they already have something in mind which wouldn't require George to "pick out some jewelry".

A generic excuse is all it is IMOO

My dad was cremated and we set up a table at the service with his picture on it and some of his belongings that we felt represented who he was in life. He was a military man so we bought flags to put with his stuff. It wasn't as if we were putting them "on him." We were using them to show some of the things he liked, some of his achievements etc.

Maybe the A's are doing the same thing. I also made 2 large collages of pictures of my dad. It gives people something to look at during those "down" times that occur. Not everyone can get to the family to talk and a lot of the guests don't know each other. It's an uncomfortable situation as it is. Little things to look at can help break the ice.

Also-maybe they're going to put a picture of her up and drape a little necklace over it. I see nothing wrong with them getting jewelry for her. It'll be one of the last things they ever buy for this little sweetie.

The link in the OP is a pdf file of the police report. This is a quote directly from it:

Cynthia stated she last saw George at 1030 hours on 01/22/08 at the above location. She stated he was leaving
for a job interview. Cynthia stated he left wearing a long sleeve light blue dress shirt and black dress pants.
Cynthia stated George has been upset and depressed about the death of his granddaughter, Caylee Marie. She
stated she asked George yesterday to pick out some jewelry for Caylee for her funeral.
Cynthia said she believes
this might have made him even more depressed.

Follow the link in the OP, it's the police report, not a rumor.

I believe it is their excuse for what happened with George. They needed a cover story and this is what they came up with.The A's seem like simple people meaning they haven't been big on adornments from what I've seen so jewelry doesn't seem to be high on the priority list---If they wanted Caylee to be buried with something special then they already have something in mind which wouldn't require George to "pick out some jewelry".

A generic excuse is all it is IMOO

ITA. :clap::clap:

It's in the police report and that is what the thread is about imo.
We put a check for a million bucks with my dad, some trinkets,a family picture and other odds and ends. The grandkids put all kinds of carp in with him.
Funerals and memorials are for the living not the dead and if someone wants to put jewelry in with Caylee,so be it. Maybe Caylee loved jewelry and it is making them feel good to put jewlery in with what is left of her. It really doesn't matter what condition she is in does it?

If it is not true, we will find out soon enough. But I don't for the life of me understand what is nasty about this at all.

This has to be the hardest part of all besides her death itself, trying to honour her with trinkets she might like or want to have. it would kill me to have to do it.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ignoreme123
Back